London OFTDs `meet-up` 6th Aug. (Come join us)

Locked 88 messages Options

London OFTDs `meet-up` 6th Aug. (Come join us)

Myself, AC/PD & Gorgeous Daze are arranging a spot of afternoon socializing to take place in a suitable London pub on Saturday August the 6th. We would like to you to join us for some convivial friendly chat over a few beers. I know this last year we have had quite a few folk join the site who may be based in the south. This is a good chance for you to come and get to know us, as well as some of the other members here we have met on a number of occasions.

If anyone is interested in this, then please email either myself or AC/PD and we will send you details of the meeting place and start time. You will be assured of plenty of chat about our topic (which is basically all i talk about anyway)  and a warm welcome too.
Just also to say, that the annual OFTDs `main event` will take place again this year in Derby. Only this time it will be in October. I will post more about this next month.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Gorgeous Daze
Yes, I'm very pleased to be a part of this capital day out. It feels so right to hold a meet up in the city that after all hosted the show where it all took place. Those who've already attended a meet-up or other event that's brought us together such as the ones held by Kaleidoscope will vouch how readily the chat flows and newbies don't feel like newbies for long. It will be great to spend time with old friends again and it would be particularly good to meet a few first-timers in the process. A day of good convo, good ale (or soft drinks!) endless enthusiasm for our subject and conviviality guaranteed.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

AC/PD
Be they in Stourbridge, Derby,  The Cinema Museum or elsewhere, OFTD meet-ups have always been pleasant, welcoming and thoroughly worthwhile. They also have a habit of speeding up the passage of time and making the evenings arrive much earlier than usual, thanks to amiable and good-natured interaction under the influence of beer, lager, wine, coke or coffee!
Anyone old or new to OFTD (or even life itself) is welcome to pop along and pull up a chair on the first Saturday in August in the Capital.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

There will be plenty to talk about after watching the Rio Olympic opening ceremony dancing the night before.  I plan to be there for the coke and coffee.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

BeautifulBabs wrote
There will be plenty to talk about after watching the Rio Olympic opening ceremony
Don't talk to me about Olympic opening ceremony's. Four years ago on that Friday evening for the opening to the London Olympics i was having surgery after my ill fated cycling accident sustained that very afternoon. The time has gone so fast.

Pleased you will be able to join us on the day BB, hope others will also.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Sorry Ryan can't make it to London but I will certainly be at the Derby meeting. So hope you have a good time in London.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Yeah see you in October then S4E. I realise that for our northern friends London is a bit to far, but at least the main event is ideally centrally situated.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

I'm looking forward to finally meeting some of you, but be prepared as I may surprise some of you

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Oh thats good you are coming Legsfan, looking forward to making your acquaintance and chatting to you about our most brilliant subject. I also hope you will attend the main event in October in Derby.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Legsfan
I would love to go to the main event in October, I'll see what I can do! The London event puts me in a really good position because I actually live in London, so access is really great from where I am.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Legsfan wrote
 but be prepared as I may surprise some of you
You're not Gavin are you?

You'll soon find out

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

PattiForPM
Sorry I won't be able to make it to London in August but I wish you all a great time and having met some of the crew on a couple of occasions I think having fun is a slam dunk.

Are you Tony Blackburn LegsFan and can we come back to your house after the OFTDs drink?

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

PattiForPM wrote
Are you Tony Blackburn LegsFan and can we come back to your house after the OFTDs drink?
If I was Tony Blackburn I would have shown you all the secret Pans People routines

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

BeautifulBabs wrote
There will be plenty to talk about after watching the Rio Olympic opening ceremony dancing the night before.  I plan to be there for the coke and coffee.
I was on the night shift when the London opening ceremony was on and ironically fate has decided that I will be doing the same when the Rio ceremony is on. So I will be sleeping most of Saturday before a 12 hour night turn in the evening! There should be no problems in October though.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as travelling to London on the train in this heat puts me off but having read Legs Fan's responses I am so intrigued now.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Some nice photos for are family album Ryan, for a certain lady.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

Legsfan wrote
I'm looking forward to finally meeting some of you, but be prepared as I may surprise some of you
any clues just I'd like a nice surprise ? Not like brexit result 7/7 etc

I'm the next generation of Legs fans.

Re: London OFTDs `meet-up`. (Come join us)

VintageVideos
I think the original name Legsfan99 might be a clue...
12345