Lost Routines- which would you like to see?

Lost Routines- which would you like to see?

  As a new member of this Forum I have not yet looked at every nook and cranny on the site so do not know if the theme of this posting has been done before or if there is any general interest in the subject. Please let me know if this is of no interest.
I am a fan of Pan's People, and not an expert, I had been unaware of many of the background details on the group. Therefore, it seems strange that there is no official or reliable report listing each weeks routine, to which track it was performed any weeks that they did not appear. Looking through the details set up on the Pan's list of routines by Vin as Vintage Videos, by a rough count I have made 142 missing routines and 48 weeks were no information on any dances has been found. Thus a possible 190 missing routines, estimated. Of course, I would have wished to have been able to see any or all of these 'missing' routines. Yet, there is hope that some may still surface even now I feel.
  Looking through the choice numbers of performances where no footage is known, there are a large number that I would like to see particularly. A favourite song or band, or a curiosity on how Flick would choreograph a certain number. Therefore I have made up a request, in my mind, of the numbers I would most wish to be recovered, to be able for us to enjoy again.
  The three routines I would most like to see from the missing list are;
  1 Stoned Love by The Supremes, on 28 January 1971
  2. The Green Manalishi, by Fleetwood Mac, on 18 June 1970.
  3. Heaven Must Have Sent You, by The Elgins, on 6 May 1971.
    These are my top three wishes from the list, perhaps others may like to put forward theirs.
       Michael.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Doc
The best I can do is, what is probably a picture of Stoned Love:
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/21-Possibly-The-Supremes-Stoned-Love-td4101270.html

They did also dance to The Green Manalishi on a German TV show and that does exist.

I think the one that most would like to see from that era is Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Mikey
The quick answer, all of them

Ok ok, i'd really like to see something of the Beat Girls on Gadzooks and Moef Gaga (dutch TV), theres 2 years of work with hardly anything surviving (1964-66). In term of Pans obviously their first performance on TOTP, Flicks fabled Bridge Over Troubled Water, and the final performances of Flick and Andrea.

And this, which has been bugging me for the last 4 years

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/PICTURES-OF-LOST-AND-UNIDENTIFIED-ROUTINES-INDEX-1-to-30-tp4100766p4100791.html

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

 Yes, I have seen that picture possibly from the Stoned Love routine, before. And now I want to see them dance it!

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

VintageVideos
In no particular order:
All Right Now, Jimmy Mack, Hocus Pocus, Feel The Need In Me, Give Me Just A Little More Time

and of course everything else that is lost!

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Well i will leave you guys to yearn for your lost Pans, but without any hesitation or shadow of doubt on my part the very pinnacle of my wish list would be all or indeed just one of the lost Ruby Flipper routines from that golden summer of 76. Do i think they are out there somewhere ? Well one has to have hope, but as the years roll by its looking increasingly doubtful these will turn up.

Anyhow as we have seen miracles do some times happen, as was proved with the Vicar stash. One must keep believing they will do so again and i live in hope.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Everything'sRosie
Love to see Hocus Pocus, but if only given one choice I think it would have to be I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe), probably because I have absolutely no idea where you would even start when trying to put a dance together for this track. Seriously intrigued.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

 Of course, I should have included Ruby Flipper and Legs and Co when asking what others would like to see that cannot any more.
As they are more recent, I forget that some of their routines no longer exist either.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

All of the Legs & Co TOTPs routines now exist, albeit a couple of them are incomplete. As for Ruby Flipper, well 4 episodes from that summer were wiped by the Beeb, so as a consequence, the Flipper routines are lost also.

Long term fans of our subject though must rejoice that if you consider that when say OFTDs first started in earnest in 2010, a whole host of routines were considered lost and gone for ever. We have since filled our boots with stuff we never thought we would ever see.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

 Is the GermanTV Green Manalishi available anywhere, has anyone seen it?
When was it originally broadcast? I presume it would have been about the same time so would suspect the routines to be very similar. Even if the costumes were different.
On a more basic note. I would imagine the dance moves- routines- belonged to the group, and the clothes belonged to the broadcaster- even if measured to fit.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Willoway
While anything previously lost would be good, natch, anything from TOTP in the 60s to add to the one surviving performance would be nice, whether it be GoJos, PP or even the slightly mysterious Judy in Disguise.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Everything'sRosie wrote
Love to see Hocus Pocus, but if only given one choice I think it would have to be I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe), probably because I have absolutely no idea where you would even start when trying to put a dance together for this track. Seriously intrigued.
The Genesis routine might still exist, so there maybe some hope here.
Hocus Pocus would be interesting to see, there is some evidence that it may have been filmed twice to allow the outfits to change during the routine.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Hanway2 wrote
Is the GermanTV Green Manalishi available anywhere, has anyone seen it?
I don’t think so and yes it was shown at one of the OFTD events a few years back. There’s a thumbnail picture from it in the what survives of PP away from TOTP thread.
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/SURVIVING-APPEARANCES-AWAY-FROM-TOTP-tp4073840.html

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

There's some more info about these German TV performances here. Since this original discussion we worked out the street scene was filmed in Portobello Road outside a shop called Forbidden Fruit. Flick is not present.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/The-Pan-s-People-Diary-tp4125198p4126646.html

The whole thread is an interesting read if you have the time.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Hanway2
Many thanks for the link to the Diary, that is a part of the Forum I have not discovered yet. By  the German routine being outdoors and with male dancers, I would think it was dissimilar to the TOTP routine, whatever that was like.
I shall look more through the Diary when I have a chance later.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

PattiforPM
Sorry to be late to this party but I always relish the chance to dream of discovered previously lost dances.  From the outset I'll admit I am a Dancer-specific dreamer with Cherry, Sue and of course Patti my priorities.  Like Ryan those Ruby Flipper missing Dances would press all these buttons but Pans 1974-76 would be next best.  Having said this one of my top three comes from 1973 because when Dee Dee says a dance is really hot I darn well believe her.  So apart from Ruby Flipper it's:

1. Fame (Pans 1975)

2. Da Doo Ron Ron (Pans 1974)

3. All Right Now (Pans 1973)

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Doc
PattiforPM wrote
1. Fame (Pans 1975)
Maybe dancer's dad will let you see his fabled fuzzy tape if you ask nicely.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

VintageVideos
Doc wrote
dancer
I wonder what happened to him. He hasn't posted for 3 1/2 months now.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

Legsfan
Yes that is concerning, but I can confirm that he is okay.

Re: Lost Routines- which would you lke to see.

JEZ
This is very very hard for me , because I'd be more than happy to see any of the lost pp routines again
Probably the top one that I'd like to see is
Smarty pants ,first choice ,this is probably the second dance routine that I clearly remember watching when I started to be a fan of them on totp
Lamplight , David Essex ,I've picked this mainly because I'd love to see if my memory is correct of this dance from so many years ago ,I definitely watched a routine of this ,and if it wasn't pans people it must have been lift off with Ayshea dancers doing it,but I'm almost positive it was pp
The most beautiful girl. , Charlie rich ,I don't remember all this dance ,but I do remember a close up on camera of Babs ,when Charlie was singing about the most beautiful girl.