MISTY BLUE

Re: MISTY BLUE

Mikey
Oh my, you just made me lol for 30 seconds PBP, how very astute.

Re: MISTY BLUE

Re: MISTY BLUE

Thanks Doc, I like to hear what you have to say and just got a giggle out of PBP's "literal" interpretation.  I actually quite agree with you (as did several others) about this performance and song in many ways as it just seems a little short of perfect even when you do like the song as I do.

Re: MISTY BLUE

BeautifulBabs
likes :
cherry
joke about tony blackburn
but its lacking for me because :
dull
like to see cherry's face and smile but this is off limits
set too blue and misty
too serious to be sexy
cherry's nighty looks too nylon and net curtain like
and you're right about the song doc (a Palace fan agrees with you)
Doc drop me a line if economic sanctions against Canada need to be invoked.

6.5

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
BeautifulBabs wrote
but its lacking for me because :
set too blue and misty
Cracking review BB as always but was Jeremiah too much of a Bullfrog and Temma Harbour too wet?  Canada ready for sanctions but in retaliation will be sending masked agitators to take over key buildings in UK such as TV centre and BBC archives (Houses of Parliament considered too chaotic to bother with)

Join the debate all-comers please

Re: MISTY BLUE

Andeebee
LOL, I thought you said there for a second that Canada are sending masked Alligators. LOL

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
Typical group of masked Canadian agitators:

Re: MISTY BLUE

Andeebee
The OFTD's crew straining to see the latest Kal offerings

Re: MISTY BLUE

JEZ
lovely song and solo dance dance by the lovely cherry ,it reminds me so much of that very hot summer of 1976 ,a 9 out of 10 for this little solo

Re: MISTY BLUE

PreciousBox
It's a Cherry solo so it's obviously a 10/10 from me ;-)

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
Good for you PB.  I know you have a soft spot for Ms Gillespie and your vote has taken Misty Blue to #11 on the all-time RF Chart

Re: MISTY BLUE

PreciousBox

Great, where's the chart P4PM ?

Note that "Leader of the Pack" doesnt have a thread !?

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
Top pinned Thread under the Ruby Comments section is the Chart PB ("Average Dance Ratings") and no Thread for Leader of the Pack until you find it on one of your tapes and send it to me post haste

Re: MISTY BLUE

PreciousBox

Ah yes found it, how are the ratings submitted ?

I wish P4PM, for now just close your eyes and imagine what could have been ! :-(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UKf65NOzM

Re: MISTY BLUE

Old Grey Whistler
Well this is quite misty and very blue so it does what it says on the tin!
A nice solo from Cherry but it is not amongst my favourite solo performances. This is because of the distance between dancer and camera, and the soft focus which leaves me straining for a better view. The song also meanders a bit.
I'll give it 7.5 out of 10.

Re: MISTY BLUE

bucksby
Lovely solo from Cherry, I would have liked to have seen more close ups. Not keen on the song so an 8 from me.

Re: MISTY BLUE

AC/PD
What a voice! A high-quality and emotive song on a par with Etta James' I'd Rather Go Blind providing great warmth through the heartbreak: heat which is necessary to dispel the swaying icicles. Brrrrr.
Might this routine have worked with a male/female partnership (Patti flicking teary doe-eyes in Floid's direction, for instance) dancing for what they know would be the last time? Possibly, yet Cherry manages to convey the last waltz has already been and gone so it's time to wallow.
Cherry manages to convey a delicate yearning, punctuated by a couple flashes of rage reflecting the anger of abandonment - punctuated on each occasion by Moore aural agony. Cherry brings the emotion on the record to full corporeal form. One for feeling deep blue to.

Re: MISTY BLUE

PansLegs
There's no denying Cherry's skill and artistry here in interpreting Flick's moves but I'm not a fan of this type of track and therefore that is bound to detract from the overall score for me. So although I can't see anyone really bettering this it's only a 7.5.

Re: MISTY BLUE

Dancer
I remember this being played on the show in 1976 but it never really floated my boat.  When it appeared in my collection I was not really bowled over (and I hope Cherry does not take this the wrong way as I always used to enjoy our chats when she came into the shop).  My one problem with the routine is that there was no close-ups of Cherry at all and I think this is what let me down.  The dress was lovely and the interpretation was good.  It is quite difficult to score so I will give this eight out of ten.

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
Whoah whoah whoah Dancer....CHATS WITH CHERRY???????