MISTY BLUE

Re: MISTY BLUE

Dancer
Oh heavens yes.  Used to talk to her for about five years in the nineties.  I always wanted to discuss the Pans People routines and if she had got any but did not have the bottle.  She would discuss day to day stuff, moreover my career move.  She was a really lovely person.  I remember the first time I saw her she was clutching roses from our Horti Department and how beautifully dark red they were and from thereon in we chatted.  I was fortunate as I was mobile in the store as a whole and not on a Department so I could chat.

She still looked the same too.  I used to give her a kiss though and she was fine with that.  Perfect memories of a lovely woman.

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
Interesting recollections.  Can I ask which Store this was and where?

Re: MISTY BLUE

Dancer
I would rather not.  At least I got to meet one of them.  I always wanted to meet them all at one point but I was happy with Cherry as she was the most loveliest person.  Treasured memories.

Re: MISTY BLUE

PattiforPM
That's ok Dancer I don't mean to pry.  Great that you got to meet the lovely Cherry away from the stage though

Re: MISTY BLUE

Dancer
No worries.

Re: MISTY BLUE

The Rubberband Man
A deep soulful record like this demands a dramatic performance, and Cherry delivers it with a breathtaking style.
Visually, the world has turned cold and blue, and Cherry cuts a lonely figure against the backdrop of a midsummer super moon. The vast empty space of Cherry’s dais is not lost as the camera never gets too close to Cherry, and we see her in full profile for almost the entire routine.

Dorothy Moore’s version of this song is quite emotional, and the routine conveys much of the same sentiment and passion   8/10

Re: MISTY BLUE

Lookmacinanger
Great track, always enjoyed Dorothy’s rendition. Cherry is so effortless and the set gives her licence to interpret beautifully, but the routine is a tad too long as a solo dance in my opinion so I’d welcomed some re-enforcements. 7/10

Re: MISTY BLUE

MADMAX
I think the "misty Blue " theme was taken a little to far with this routine, I felt it took some of the  "Standout" away from the lovely Cherry. What a fantastic effort  from Cherry though. Beautifully danced     "9"
123