MOODY BLUE -- [March]

MOODY BLUE -- Dance number 27 by Legs & Co
Performed by  Elvis Presley and reaching No 6 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  17/03/77 -- Duration of dance 2.04 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.

Lulu 27                      Pauline 27                 Rosie 27
Sue 27                       Gill 25                       Patti 25
A link to the dance
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25crce_legs-co-moody-blue-totp-tx-17-03-1977_creation

By far my favourite feature that concerns this dance has got to be `those dresses`. In varied shades of blue with matching adornments attached to there hair, their attire was just made to be swished about the place, and they do it to full effect. Once again the dance moves are performed most proficiently. But is it me, or do things start to go astray right at the end of the dance, or is my keen eye overly critical this time ?
  As for the song, well its quite sad to think this was Elvis`s last offering before he expired. I wasn't a huge EP fan, but ive always enjoyed this song and of course having Legs dance to it just increases that enjoyment. Im going to plump for a 7.5 out of 10 in my watchable ratings for this one.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Another superb routine, a great dance, the costumes look very elegant, even if they're the colours of some types of detergent, I love the facial expresions of the girls near the start of this routine, they really did this great Elvis Presley justice!

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Yes these stunning ladies do look bodacious as they Paso Doble (please correct me Sue) in these amazing blue creations to one of the King's last decrees.  They might be in contention for my favorite outfits of all time and I love the moves, the stage and the cloudy blue background.  I agree Ryan that there may be a little pandemonium at the very end but I think it is to be expected with this many birds of paradise in one place at one time.  9/10
LNV

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

LNV
This good, very good. In a poll not too far back I placed ‘Sunny’ above this, what was I thinking? Not that I will change my mind but it was a worthy winner of that month’s vote due to its more accessible presentation.  It is a Routine of charm; it highlights the Legs Ladies femininity rather well, six Bluebirds on display; so enjoyable to see them swish their plumage and strut proudly for us. How young and slender they all are! Gill caught my eye in particular and Rosie’s superb slender legs too. This Dance is a true team display though. I found it a delightful performance.

8/10. I also find it difficult to score, trying to give some consistency to my marking I am unsure whether I should have given it a point higher than I did.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Fluid and feisty this was my favourite of the month and makes my all time top 30 without question.  Those costumes are divine, those close ups sublime.  The central swaying section to the dance a particular delight but then I just love girls with some spirit and fight!

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Floid Fan
This may be the older sibling of the first 'I feel love' routine. It shares the similarity of there being not much variety to speak of in the choreography with the central focus being swishing skirts around. There is slightly more movement in this though. But for me, this is a decidedly average routine.  4 out of 10.
Carl

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Suefan
But it is not always necessary for there to be great variety.  This is a great routine with excellent choreography in keeping with the music, great costumes, and spot on performances from all the girls.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Stu

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Stu
Great song and great routine that looks to me with my untrained eye something like a cross between the flamenco and the can-can. Me likes.

8.5/10

Stuey

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Old Bill
Flick may have the blues that week but it cheers my mood right up!

Lovely stuff. Really nice dance - the dress rattling is a bit repetitive but that's ok, it looks good all the way though.

Lots of nice close ups too. Lulu is looking too lovely for words - I'm sure you catch her singing along at one point. You little sweet-heart you!

7.5 / 10 from me.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Andeebee
the ladies look really beautiful in this, but the song is awful - 6

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

VintageVideos
Not one of my favourite songs, but the routine is so good that this doesn't bother me here. Pity it's so short. "She's woman through and through" - how true! 9 /10.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Doc
The dance starts well with plenty of variety and changes of shots to make it exciting, I particularly like Sue's little back kicks (sorry don't know the technical term) . The only let down is that it seems to run out steam or ideas towards the end. So I'll mark it down to a 9.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Who's That Hurll
'Moody Blue' is classic Elvis to a short but impeccable routine. A lovely start, with pairs of shimmering showgirls tailing off to give us a dress shaking, high kicking delight.And then there's Lulu, whose personality unwinds just like a ball of twine, to tantalize us with a lyrical snack.
 10/10  DOTD Lulu.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
I like the song and the routine does it justice.  I  enjoyed the start with the close ups of their smiling faces and from there, there is plenty of movement and dress swishing.  I think it lacks the X factor which separates the good routines from the great ones, but I am still happy to award this 8.5 out of 10.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Suefan
And I think finally in the catch up we come to Moody Blue.  Great song, fantastic costumes, fine dancing makes a super routine which scores a 10 from me.  All the girls look mighty fine but for this top twenty all time favourite of mine it has to be Sue for my Dotd.

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Colm
I concur with Doc's observation that the routine runs out of steam towards the end; but the girl's shining enthusiasm makes this a delightful routine.

Score: 7.5

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

JEZ
This is absolutley one of those routines that are very high up in my books ,love rosies hairstyle on this dance ,love the blue dresses and how they shake them ,the individual close up of the camera to the girls ,infact love everything ,the only little thing that does spoil it ,is pattis little mistake ,otherwise it would have got a 10 from me ,also love the elvis disc as well ,a well deserved 9.5 from me

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
Nothing to be blue about here, The King in great form with his Moody Blue and Legs and Co adding charm and style with this routine. 9/10

Re: MOODY BLUE -- 1977

Angie
Great stuff! Not over keen on the tune but the routine certainly lifts it!

7.5/10
12