MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

MY FORBIDDEN LOVER Dance/performance number 186 by Legs & Co
Performed by  Chic  reaching number 15 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  25/10/79  Duration of dance/performance 2.40 mins
Dancers--Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue

Sue      168
Pauline 167
Rosie    165
Patti     163
Gill       161
Lulu      160
A link to the dance  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x292cs0_legs-co-my-forbidden-lover-totp-tx-25-10-1979_creation

The supply of Chic records continue for Legs & Co to groove to, with this the 5th of six Chic offerings on TOTPs. I often mention my playlist and if routines get onto it or not. Well this one gets more plays than most and i have to say, everything is perfect on this and i cant really find any faults. This particular track is of a gentle pace, which i think suits our dancers.The routine Flick devised isn't to fussy, just gentle rhythmic moves delivered quite smoothly. There is a part in the routine where all the girls point at the camera on the lyric "hes the typical man". Well they are pointing at us guys, and dont try to pretend your not feasting your eyes on those tight fitting disco trousers and their shapely lower half's. Yeah its an exquisite sight isn't it. A Turquoise dream.

DOTD- Really tough to choose but im going to give my vote to `Gill`, whos trousers clung to every delicious curve.

Rating. With the girls looking so darn sexy and the music so good, im happy to award `10 out of 10`.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Here's Legs & Co., really into their elements with this dance routine set to a disco track. One can tell straight away that they're really enjoying themselves, as they swing their hips, which are emphasised immensly by their very shiny, tight1looking pants, that are easily the most distracting part of the whole shebang, & everybody seems to get equal camera shots time.

9/10

DotD:-

Gillian

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Gorgeous Daze
Occasionally a dance will leave a lasting image that overrides everything else. This goes down in posteriority as the skin-tight electric-blue trousers (I don't like the American 'pants') routine. Though this is another glitzy number, because of the stellar standard they had set Chic were becoming victims of their own brilliance and beginning to sound formulaic. While the routine shares with it a relative lack of memorability in terms of stand-out moments it nonetheless provides a constant wash of high-watchability. Let's not beat about the bush, no red-blooded typical man could fail to be magnetically drawn to those defined-to-the-max viewer-friendly rears. But as a counterpart on the obverse we simply have six beautiful young ladies radiating enjoyment and in their unique way effortlessly ensuring we share the fun. Regular twosies and threesies steppin' forward to say: Hallo! And it all flows as smoothly as the music, unimpeded on the simple intermittently starry set with no visual trickery. One might have expected scandalized faces and a raunchier tone but there's nothing forbidden, just a hint of desire and a Good Time in lieu of the one key Chic number that got away.

With a full-house of shining performances and all sharing the limelight it wouldn't surprise me if eventually all six receive a DOTD nomination. Pauline catches my eye and is very assured, continuing her rich vein of form noted by her Dimples. But it's Patti, tanned following a break and afforded typically expressive moments to herself who secures another one from me.

This was a good 9 but the more I watch it the more I appreciate it. It's 10/10

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Yup, very very smooth is this and the Dancers are all exquisite in this performance.  One really cannot help but gasp just as the Chic vocals do.  It's a delightfully tough choice for DotD as others have mentioned and, although I almost fall for Gill, Patti  really is so so fine here that I can't help myself and have to follow GD into the polling booth.  I can't think of any defensible reason not to give 10/10  here so that's my mark.

PS  Love the Lulu/Patti Jigsaw pics Ryan

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

SuPaLu
Another very fine dance in a month of great routines.It's well structured with pairs dancing then threesomes and then all of them together.It keeps things interesting and lets everyone clearly see their favourite dancer.10/10
DotD:Gill

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

From memory this was one of the last three or four Legs TOTP routines to find their way into my collection and boy was it worth waiting for.  The ladies performance is as polished as those wonderful trousers.  10/10 with Sue as the Dotd.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Andeebee
A super Chic song, and wow what a routine.

Legs & Co literally poured into shining trousers (oh I do remember this look - all the girls at the local disco sported the shiny trouser look)

Some of the routine is a bit clumsy and looks mistimed, but that is certainly not gonna distract form the total thrill and enjoyment of watching this (on repeat). Seems Sue's top is knotted alot higher than the others - not that I'm complaining.

The last of the really major and enjoyable Chic run of hits (one more in 1980). First class routine.

Score: 10/10

DOTD: Sue

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

VintageVideos
No beating around the bush, this is the best Legs & Co. routine I've seen for a long time. Just perfect. "I'm at your beck and call, when you need", oh who could resist words so sweet! And those trousers are to die for.... Would give it 11 if allowed.

10 / 10

DotD: Gill
If I only had one love yours would be the one I'd choose

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Great stuff Vin, though my 11 is still to come.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Colm
This routine certainly makes me go "Whew!" when I watch it: everything is so right, from those beautiful disco trousers, to the smiles the dancers convey throughout.

Score: 9.5

DotD: Again, a hard one to call, but in terms of who stands out most for me, it's gotta be Lulu

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

AC/PD
Easy-wipe mega-tight trousers which are exactly the same colour as childhood wrapping-paper and Christmas tree decorations, seamless moves where the ladies variously double and treble up, sheer joy  in a dance which is one of those where it's hard to spot that the girls are actually doing their day job, an agreeable minimalist set, no overlays, a decent dance track.
They all shine (in those trousers, it's difficult not to) but thwre's just about one lady who's more  confident, classy, captivating classy and curvy than the rest. That's right....
DOTD: ...Pau...Gill.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Old Grey Whistler
A decent song by Chic although not one that gets much air play these days. Legs & Co continue their good form and their trousers are probably amongst the most memorable garments that they wore.  There are some nice slick dance movements and all the girls get a fair amount of camera time.
I have to be honest though that I am a little surprised at just how highly rated this routine has become. In my eyes it is a very good performance, but not quite a classic, so I will score it 9 out of 10.
DOTD is a tight call. Gill is tempting me, but by a margin tighter even than their trousers, my vote goes to Lulu.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

In this past October we have had two Classic Routines now we have third. High marks again for this one the second to last of the Chic routines. The ladies dance to " My Forbidden Lover " in those wonderful skin tight electric blue trousers. And white chiffon blouses tied at the front in a knot and silver dance shoes. The routine starts off with our leading ladies Sue and Patti doing their bit. And they end the routine spining off. Between these moment with have a really good routine with other ladies join in.

We now come to the Dotd and that will go to Sue.

The score will be 9 out of 10

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

PaulF
Another sensational legs routine and with those trousers a worthy 9/10.

DOTD Just tempted by a fine display by Gill.
Paul

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Adorable Gillusion
8.5/10   DOTD...Gill

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Mikey
Its nice, but i find this a bit of an average Chic song, maybe suffering from too many releases in a 12 month period, its starting to get samey and 'Good Times' would have been a better choice a few months previously. Great neon blue disco trousers sported by Legs and Co adds some sparkle, the dancing is on the whole good, a few wobbles here and there. Probably not one i'll play often in future, 8/10.

DOTD, i'm finding this hard to separate them, but the on form Rosie seemed to stand out the most.

Stu

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Stu
Gotta love those pants....and pretty much everything else going on here.

9/10

DOTD  Gill

Stuey

Re: MY FORBIDDEN LOVER [October]

Doc
I think I'm missing something here as I find it difficult to rave about it like everyone else. I've just watched it 6 times and still find it difficult to get over excited by it. Nothing wrong with it but only 8/10.
Dotd: Not much in it but Gill certainly fills her trousers well!
Still living in 1979
12