Mike Smith Shows

Link to numerous TOTP shows here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1m5iTGsuPG2uy-k1awEGJDr0EsxzmhVyp

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Doc
Shame it's low res, but it's a lot better than nothing at all. Thanks!
Still living in 1979

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
No probs Doc, yeah if a better version turns up i'll change the link.

Also forgot to mention 21st May will also be skipped, between this week and next

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

zenon
Meaning we will have jumped seven weeks in only eight days. April 16th tomorrow to June 4th on Friday week.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Great show, Savile as always showing that whatever else he was, he was a great presenter, made it all look so easy. Shame about the video quality but as Doc says, better than nothing. Lets hope the other editions turn up soon.

When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Willoway
23/4 is on popscene, on my phone so can't do anything fancy like a link.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Doc
Can't see it anywhere.
Still living in 1979

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Now updated with 23rd April

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

SuPaLu
Meer has uploaded a slightly longer version(46 seconds) with more of Stars On 45.
https://vimeo.com/157662274

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Cheers Glenn, ive updated the original post

All four (yes four!) are now available, cheers to the guys uploading

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Interesting to note that the Meer version for 23/04 appears to have been created from two videos. There is a transition right after Buck Fizz.
Still living in 1979

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Great to see the Peter Powell show.I think it's easily one of the best.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Yeah, thats my weekend viewing sorted

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

AC/PD
Thanks for the gap-filling links, Mikey.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Great work finding the links and putting them all in once place, and the listings too, cheers Mikey.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

The Rubberband Man
Thanks for the Links Mikey.

The 07/05/81 (Peter Powell) clip has audible voice links. It's a pity the BBC couldn't go to 4Shared, download the clip and then just dub Peter Powell's voice over their recording. It must be too much trouble for them
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Old Bill
This post was updated on .
Good work indeed Mikey!

I've asked around and can confirm that the BBC has a copy of 7/5/81 where Powell's audio cuts off just after the Stray Cats. He says "Hit 26...." and then blissful silence from there on. Until the charts that is where over CCS he counts down from 30 to 21, and REO Speedwagon get an intro. Then silence while he's in-vision but he comes back again to count down from 20 to 11. Silence again. The Nolans get plenty of "audience noise" but curiously their applause at the end is quickly faded out. In-vision silence again, but the top-ten is voiced. I'm guessing the count down sequences were pre-recorded.
This is a copy of a PasB (programme as broadcast - essentially an off-air recording), and would be the most easily accessible to programme planners, schedulers etc., for viewing.

There is recording however which isn't a PasB dub, but I've no idea what the audio does on that.

I suspect whoever views the programmes prior to planning the schedule has just watched the easiest one to view, and made the decision from that. Clearly a copy does exist with audio as Neil Barker's brilliant page shows - and they're pretty good quality so I don't think they've just come from some old home VHS recording.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Thanks guys, finally managed make it though all 4 shows, pretty good on the whole athough 21st May was probably the best, although i wasnt prepared for the Kim Wilde shower scene.

I also realised 3 of my '5 for 81' were on these shows, damn yewtree ban

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
First post updated with the 11/06 JS edition. I also changed the link to 21/05 as the other one was no longer working.

I will update with the next 2 shows in a couple of days.

Also note next friday the show starts at 7pm!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Oh Jimmy! Reeeo Speedwagon? Really? haha
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!
1234 ... 24