Mike Smith Shows - the last one!

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
March 13th 1986 now up.

https://vimeo.com/162036037

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Everything'sRosie
Thanks for the upload, Zenon. A good edition with some terrific records, though that Freddie Jackson thing went on a bit too long

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
March 27th 1986, final show with the Yellow Pearl theme tune and the iconic circular logo.

https://we.tl/t-VS7FSuAEbL

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
Good show, thanks Zenon, i cant believe Queen spent 1/4 mil on that video though.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
27th March 1986 including Yellow Pearl.
https://we.tl/t-espcmjSjX0

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

The Rubberband Man
Legsfan wrote
27th March 1986 including Yellow Pearl.
....and Samantha Fox 😆

Thanks for the link LF

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
The BBC are listing the 3rd April again for Thursday, hopefully a mistake and it will be rectified soon.

In the meantime, here is a link for the 10th April.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/c429acb6f075d90bde4fbaec667acd2c20180903162935/ec2b2b

Bad news Mikey. The BBC has confirmed that the 3rd April 1986 will be shown tonight.

Obscure decision seeing as it's up on the iPlayer for all to watch. The 3/4/86 edition also gets a repeat on Sunday morning, which means that's four times it's been broadcast   Apart from the new theme tune, I can't see anything that makes this show so special.

Unbelievably, in the April 10th show Smith actually does the charts over a studio performance. And a studio performance featuring the great Duane Eddy. Words fail

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

The Rubberband Man
Everything'sRosie wrote
Unbelievably, in the April 10th show Smith actually does the charts over a studio performance. And a studio performance featuring the great Duane Eddy. Words fail
An all time low for TOTPs ER.

The video for The Art Of Noise & Duane Eddy – “Peter Gunn”  is worthy of a watch, and is a better performance from Rik Mayall than the unfunny Living Doll vid.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Gorgeous Daze
I suppose TOTP justified themselves on the grounds it was a repeat performance. In fact I imagine that, as repeat showings were now uncommon, in their strange way at this point they probably saw it as a special endorsement. It's all in all a big loss for BBC FOUR viewers.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Everything'sRosie
A repeat performance? It must have been on another Smith show then, as it hasn't been on BBC4. Still an insult to a legendary figure in popular music.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

I guess thats one way of extending the 1986 repeats until the end of the year.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Doc
Shame they didn't use an un repeated 1970's episode instead, there's still a small handful available that are not banned.
Still living in 1979

Yeah, it was first shown two weeks earlier in which Smith also hosted.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
May 1st 1986 has turned up, not good picture quality however.

https://we.tl/t-3S722DthDR

Better than nothing, thanks!
Still living in 1979

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
15th May, get in quick, the next ones on tonight!

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e23e4a96de3b226b19b12dc128a81eb420180927182239/ce0a60

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
1 ... 1819202122232425