Quantcast

Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Updated table of remberence.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiForPM
Ryan can you add "Big Man" Clarence Clemons, East St Band sax player and the Boss's buddy, who died June 18th 2011?  Thanks

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Yes ive added him to the list of the sadly departed.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Updated table of remberence.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Paperboyplod
Just to clarify, Heavy D, was the front man of Heavy D & The Boyz, they had a hit with a rap-based cover version of Third World's Now That We've Found Love".

Legs & Co. also danced to Andrew Gold's How Can This Be Love?.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Updated table of remberence.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiForPM
Ryan can you add Levon Helm, drummer and sometimes singer with one of the World's most famous "backing" Bands - The Band - who died April 19th, thanks

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Yes ive added Levon to the sad list of the departed.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

RFTK Radio
Dick Clark  died 18th April well known for American Bandstand

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

I have added Dick Clark to the list.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

If anybody ever wants a music person who has recently joined the choir invisible to be added to our list of remeberence, then just post on here.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
guitarist/guitar tutor Bert Weedon rip- maybe marginal to aims of list though

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Ive added him BB, try looking on my list. You make me chuckle BB

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

remotecontrol
Just read this:

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch has died at the age of 47, his publicist has confirmed to the BBC.

Not everyones cup of tea but I remember boogeing to their tunes a few years back ,

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Hi Remote, good to hear from you. Ive entered AY on the list of the departed. As ever, if anyone spots any other music people who have expired lately and would like me to enter their names on my list, please post on here.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Ryan,

Vidal Sassoon has left us and although he was not a music person as far as I know his salon did Sue's hair in the 1970s after Ruth's Mum.

Probably does not qualify but respect from the forum I feel.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Yes, im sad to hear of Vidals passing. If id only heard him sing one note id enter him on my list. Why,    " Because hes worth it" !!!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Maybe so, i do admire his hairstlying abilities and his wonderful range of shampoos and conditioners, but i cant award VS a place on my list of the departed because he wasnt exactly in the music game. Gotta draw the line somewhere im affraid.