Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Paperboyplod
Bring it on!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Of course Flick, Jimmy Saville and Robin Nash are on my list if you care to check it, afterall thy were involved in music. But im not putting hairstylists on it. You lot can make your own tribute threads to such people if you wish, we could do with finding out if the tea lady is still alive, oh and what about the guy who drove the van, where to draw the line though !

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

He may not be suitable for this list, but Vidal Sassoon has passed away aged 84, I believe that he styled Sue's hair during her Legs & Co. years, or am I mistaken?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Hi Plod -great minds and all that........ read a few posts back on this thread.
though I do agree with Ryan that he's not musical enough.

Oops, sorry, my bad, for not reading everybody else's posts here in this thread thoroughly!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Booker T and the MGs bassist Donald Dunn has left us.
Wasn't the Pans 2 ronnies routine Hip Hug Her one of theirs ?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

I have added `Duck` to my list of the musically departed BB.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Sadly another great musician to add:-

Donna Summer has passed away at the age of 63, from cancer.

Details Here:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a382214/donna-summer-dies-aged-63.html

Also the godfather of go-go, Chuck Brown has died aged 75.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a382196/godfather-of-go-go-chuck-brown-dies-aged-75.html

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Ive added these two names to the list. Particularly sad news about Donna, for us Legs & Co fans her music provided so many routines and us as fans will continue to listen to her music this way.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

bucksby
yes the Donna Summer news is very sad and I wasn't even aware she was ill. I was too young to buy any of her earlier records but I bought a few of her Stock Aitken Waterman singles in 1989.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Colm
A real shock to hear of Donna's death, I think Benja's idea of a vote to pick the best L&C routine to one of her songs would be a great tribute to the wonderful combination of music and movement made possible so many times.

Also, would Zoo's routine to "Love is in Control" be part of the vote?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Colm
Hi Claire, my (still incomplete) list of Zoo routines is on here:

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/ZOO-DANCE-ROUTINES-1981-83-td2878968i20.html

The bold songs are the ones which the BBC counted as proper routines, the songs not in bold are the ones where they danced on other stages, on podiums or on the studio floor.

Unfortunately, no members of Zoo were involved in three further occasions of the studio audience dancing to Donna Summer songs in the early 80s: "I Feel Love" twice and "She Works Hard for the Money".

As I've not acquired any new TOTP episodes since then or come across more Zoo routines, the list hasn't been updated since.

Ahh poor Donna hope she didn't suffer too much I am playing I feel love loudly -if the neigbours complain I'll explain why

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Scrooge McDuck
The first time I heard the name Donna Summer must have been sometime in 1974 when her single "The Hostage" was a hit in our neighbouring country, the Netherlands. She had another hit record in 1974 there with a song called "Lady of the Night", which lyrically, I guess, kinda paved the way for her breakthrough song "Love to Love You Baby" (now that's a song Pan's People should have done!).
Though she made some genre-defining records in the 70s, I think she got even better in the 80s. She will be missed a lot.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiForPM
SuPaLu has told us of Robin Gibb's sad demise in another Thread.  The Bee Gees are apparently #6 on the all time best-sellers list.  Also another staple of fine Legs & Co dances just like Donna Summer.