Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
AC/PD wrote
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41753839
Ain't that a shame.
The truly legendary and hugely influential Rock 'n' Roller Fats Domino checks out at 89.
Love and respect to one of Rock 'n' Rolls true greats.
RIP Mr Domino.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

mojo2007
An amazing talent, not to be forgotten.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Keith Wilder, singer for the 1970s Soul/Disco band Heatwave, died on Sunday, 29th October aged 65.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Just weeks after the death of George Young, we've now lost his younger brother Malcolm Young of AC/DC. Aged only 64. So sad for Angus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5095561/AC-DC-founder-Malcolm-Young-dead-64.html

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Gorgeous Daze wrote
Just weeks after the death of George Young, we've now lost his younger brother Malcolm Young of AC/DC. Aged only 64. So sad for Angus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5095561/AC-DC-founder-Malcolm-Young-dead-64.html
Very sad news. I've always had respect for AC/DC. "It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)" plays over the  closing credits of the film School Of Rock. It's an anthem of the rock ethos, and it's Malcolm at his best.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM
Sorry to hear this.  A few years ago and the only time I've ever travelled First Class over the Atlantic Malcolm was on our Flight and wandered around overnight nearly laying down on top of my daughter in the wrong seat so gave me an apologetic autograph in the morning.  I thought he was drugged up but in retrospect maybe this was partly due to his Dementia.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
I'd like to add my respects to Malcolm Young too. He and Angus were the driving force behind AC/DC. Both amazing musicians. I saw them at Wembley a few years back, they put on an incredible show and I'd say its probably the best concert I've ever been too such was the atmosphere on that balmy London night. Dementia is a horrible horrible thing. I hope I don't appear callous when I say I'm not too sorry to hear he has passed away, as it probably proved a happy release.

David Cassidy died today

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
PattiForPM wrote
David Cassidy died today
It's been on the cards but sad news nevertheless. He brings back very fond memories for the girls most of us grew up with, and by extension he embodies a certain era for us male counterparts.

We can all remember him when as chance would have it after a decade's absence he'll be back groomed for the time on TOTP early next year with his Last Kiss comeback.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiForPM wrote
David Cassidy died today
Sad news. Expected and long-anticipated, but sad none-the-less.
RIP

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Cheggers gone

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Yes a sad goodbye to pop player and one third of Brown Sauce Keith Chegwin, a cheery presence through formative years for most of us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42313706

Shocked to hear Keith Chegwin has left us. Always so enthusiastic, and was brilliant in Ricky Gervaise's Extras portraying himself  (very much tongue-in-cheek) as a nasty embittered racist/homophobe.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Very sad news.
He imparted such joyful and sincere enthusiasm when he appeared on tv.
Cheggers was a perfect fit for kids TV, wasn’t he?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

It is so sad to here about the death of Keith Chegwin. He seem to be always up, when you ever saw him. Always bouncing around in cheggers plays Pop.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

VintageVideos
France Gall, former ESC winner (1965), has departed aged 70.

This is the song that most Germans will remember her for:

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Ray Thomas (1941-2018)

Ray Thomas, founder member, flautist and vocalist of the Moody Blues, passed away suddenly at his home in Surrey on Thursday 4th January.
The band’s 1967 single “Nights in White Satin” (from the ground breaking album “Days of Future Passed” - a number one album in the USA in 1972) was graced by a magical flute solo from Ray.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Sad news about France Gall, her Eurovision winner (Poupee De Cire, Poupee De Son) was the first high-tempo pop song to win and gave the competition some much needed oomph, extraditing it from the ponderous ballads which had dominated since its inception. She was a deadringer for Sienna Miller in her early days too. RiP.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Indeed, the flute solo was the perfect interlude in NIWS. Few bands changed as radically as The Moody Blues, going from a blues outfit to prog, and being equally brilliant in both. RiP Ray Thomas.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

sueforever
So sad to here of the death of Ray Thomas what fab song writer.
1 ... 2728293031