Quantcast

Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

RFTK Radio
Donna Summer , also Chuck Brown ( soul singer ) and now Robin Gibb , they seem to be all dropping like flies lately

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Ive added Robin Gibb to the list. Really sad to hear this news.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Doubleday
I heard a rumour about Robin Gibb .... couldn't see it on BBC website .... so checked here (call me out of touch if you like!). More seriously though, a sad day for music lovers ... the staggering thing for me is how much material the Bee Gees wrote for all those other artists.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiForPM
Good song BB.  Try "Every Christian Lionhearted Man Will Show You" for another interesting early Bee Gees song (I won't link as I don't want to get this Thread too far off track).  The Bee Gees certainly were crucial to Pop music.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Paperboyplod
I don't know if he's a big enough name to be mentioned here but the singer of The UK bhangra group RDB, Kuly Ral has succumbed to cancer aged just 35!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bollywood/news/a383173/rdb-singer-kuly-ral-dies-aged-35.html

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

RFTK Radio
Peter Jones from Crowded house 20th May

Cedric Sharpley drummer with Gary Numan 13th March

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Paperboyplod
Bob Welch of Fleetwood Mac has passed away, aged 66 he took his own life!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a385991/fleetwood-macs-bob-welch-commits-suicide-aged-66.html

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Thanks guys, ive belatedly added Cedric Sharpley and Peter Jones and ive also added Bob Welch to the list of the departed.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Paperboyplod
Brian Hibbard, the lead vocalist of The Flying Pickets has passed away, aged 65 years, he was also an actor who's appeared in Doctor Who, amongst other productions!

The full-story is here:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a388021/flying-pickets-founder-brian-hibbard-dies-aged-65.html

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Thanks PBP, ive added Brian to the list.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Everyone seems to be surviving quite well recently except for dear Eric Sykes who I can't quite make a musical connection with.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

He released two singles with Hattie Jacques in 1962, but im affraid this dosent get the late Mr Sykes a place on my dear departed board.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Don't tempt fate!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

SuPaLu
Greg Ham from Men At Work died in Melbourne on the 19.04.12.Probably best known for the saxaphone part in Who Can It Be Now,and the flute part in Down Under.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

I had many a Vegemite sandwich when I was in NZ years ago and I liked that tune.  He can't have been that old

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Lookmacinanger
That's a real shame about Greg Ham I can still see him now sitting up in the gum tree playing his flute to a koala bear (not real) from their ' Down Under' video.
Men at Work have a special place in chart music history because their single ' Down Under' and the album it was taken from 'Business as Usual' simultaneously topped the UK/US single and albums charts in Feb 1983.

I believe the only other artists to do this are ' Michael Jackson' with Billie Jean/Thriller and 'Rod Stewart' Maggie May/Every Picture Tells a Story,very select company indeed, you'll never be forgotten Greg.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Jon Lord rip

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.