Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Dolores O'Riordan, frontwoman of the iconic Irish grunge band The Cranberries, has died at the age of 46.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dolores-oriordan-the-cranberries-singer-dead-at-46-w515435

Quite devastating news.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Good grief. A real shock. Dolores had such a distinctive voice and I will always remember her coated in gold paint belting out Zombie. I saw The Cranberries supporting REM many years ago. Good band. This is very sad news. RIP Dolores.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
What a terrible shock for her family and friends. RIP Delores.

I hope people don't mind me paying tribute here to Cyrille Regis who's passed away suddenly aged 59. (Well he did sing on the England World Cup Squad of 82's No 2 hit This Time (We'll Get It Right) / England. We'll Fly The Flag).

An awesome pioneering player, unassuming gent and nice guy. A great hero of mine in his West Brom pomp, I can't forget the buzz that went up around the ground when he picked up the ball. Thanks Cyrille.

This might be a pop forum, but I'm just as saddened by the death of Cyrille Regis. A fantastic role model for young black players. Youngsters today know nothing of the racist stick black players used to get back in Cyrille's day, and it was his brilliance (and others) who showed up those losers for the morons they were.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Hear hear. I can well testify that his dignity and determination in dealing with the extreme and commonplace abuse was a lesson to behold for both friend and foe.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

AC/PD
No Happy Day with the news of Edwin Hawkins taking a walk up the highway to meet up with Jesus.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42699330

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Very sad to learn Mark E Smith has died aged 60.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/mark-e-smith-dead-aged-11909427

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Though he had been having health issues I hoped he would make it through, so very sad to hear Mark E Smith has left us. Anyone who listened to John Peel's golden era will know The Fall were his all time favourite band. Mark was one of music's true mavericks, but a down to earth bloke too. It always makes me smile when I think of him reading out the football results a few years back on the BBC. He made a total hash of it, of course.  RIP Mr Smith.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM
I'm sorry about Mr Smith too.  I should also spare a word for Hugh Masekala who died yesterday

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Here's the one and only appearance of Mark E Smith on Top Of The Pops.
Mark E Smith had said some things about The Inspiral Carpets that got in the music press, hence his opening words....

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

 "Fast" Eddie Clarke 1950 - 2018

Heavy metal legend and, of course, part of Motorhead's classic line-up, "Fast" Eddie Clarke has left us. Now reunited with Lemmy and Philthy, it's gonna get rather loud up in heaven.

Edit
Apparently "fast" Eddie died some days ago but the news of his death has only just come out.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Dennis Edwards from temptations rip

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I feel we should give a mention to Vic Damone, a great favourite of my Grans, who passed away last week at 89.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Eddie Amoo of The Real Thing, literally one-time house band for Legs & Co, has passed away in Australia aged 74. RIP.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/real-thing-singer-eddy-amoo-115752679.html

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Gorgeous Daze wrote
Eddie Amoo of The Real Thing, literally one-time house band for Legs & Co, has passed away in Australia aged 74. RIP.
Sad news.
The Real Thing were trailblazers in the genre of British soul music. And huge providers for Legs & Co dance sequences.
RIP Eddie.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Maggie Stredder, founding member of The Ladybirds has died.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ladybirds-maggie-stredder-dead-singer-12166106

Tributes have been paid to singer Maggie Stredder after it was revealed she had passed away on Friday at the age of 82. The singer, who was born Margaret Elizabeth Stredder, was a founding member of girlband The Ladybirds.

Sad to hear about Maggie Stredder, her name was always after Legs in the credits during those golden years on TotPs. And we saw the MSSs backing McFadden and Whitehead during the (other) performance of Ain't No Stopping Us Now. RiP.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
More known for comedy, of course, but Ken Dodd had an impressive 21 year chart career (Tears was a million seller). Rip to the man from Knotty Ash, who apparently died in the coal-merchant's house he was born in some 90 years before.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

So another television face from our childhood passes on. Very sad indeed.

Just aside from all the Diddymen stuff, tickling sticks and his singing, as an on-stage teller of jokes, this guy was just about unbeatable. He was the only comic who always made me laugh, in my opinion he was one of the greats. RIP Doddy.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

sueforever
This is a sad day for Liverpool, losing one our own. Who happened to be one of our greatest comics. As am sitting in my Chair in my home ten minutes from Knotty Ash. Then he as a great pop record with one of the best selling pop single of the sixites.
1 ... 2829303132