Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Very sad news. One of my favourite comedians from my childhood. A legend who made the world laugh.
"I have kleptomania. But when it gets bad, I take something for it."
RIP Ken

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
I've just seen that the Toot Toot lady Denise LaSalle who was on Friday's TOTPs, died the day before.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Always sad to find a performer you've just seen is no longer with us, but the default source and corroborating articles have the date down as 8th January this year.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Gorgeous Daze wrote
but the default source and corroborating articles have the date down as 8th January this year.
Ah, just give me a moment while I go and give my researchers the full Alex Ferguson style hair-drier treatment.

I lifted the information from the obituary section of another forum. I should imagine the culprit had checked out the career of Miss LaSalle after seeing her on TOTP and noticing she had died this year posted the news and omitted to put the actual day. Sorry about that...but I'm afraid she remains brown bread.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Legsfan
Pick of the Pops and television presenter Dale Winton has died aged 62.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43818226

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

AC/PD
Goodness!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

I'm shocked to hear of Dale Winton's death. He always seemed so full of life. 62 is no age these days.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

sueforever
This is shocking to here, such a good presenter on everything he did on TV and Radio.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

VintageVideos
RIP Avicii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrbM1l_BoI

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
VintageVideos wrote
So sad. He had some great songs. Unbelievably young.
RIP Avicii.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM
Sad indeed.  Talk about a life still left to live

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Doc
A name that most on here probably wouldn’t have heard of, but he was up there with the best of the current music generation, a sad loss.
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Doc wrote
A name that most on here probably wouldn’t have heard of,
Well you ain't wrong there. Never heard of him. Sorry to learn hes passed away though.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

zenon
Winton also hosted three episodes of TOTP on 13/7/95, 31/8/95 and 4/4/96.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Abi Ofarim 1937 - 2018

Best known as one half of Esther & Abi Ofarim who hit the top spot in 1968 with their classic (and highly unusual) pop song Cinderella Rockefella

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Luan Peters  1946-2018

Luan fronted the pop band 5000 Volts in the 1970s who had two Top Ten hits with I'm On Fire & Dr Kiss Kiss. Listening to these records now the vocals might sound familiar, the reason being they were actually sung by a then unknown session singer called Tina Charles. Luan herself is probably best remembered for playing the rather dishy Australian guest in The Psychiatrist episode of Fawlty Towers.

Another sad loss. In all fairness it should be said however that Tina Charles did not sing on Dr Kiss Kiss. That was 5000 Volts new lead singer Linda Kelly. Beyond that, many hit compilations feature the re-recorded album version of "I'm On Fire" with new vocals by Linda. Tina Charles sang lead on the original hit version though. She also appeared with 5000 Volts on German TV.

Yes, my mistake about Dr Kiss Kiss. I've just watched the German clip and I can't see why they had a need to get Luan Peters to mime to Tina's vocals on UK TV as she looked great.

When performing on TOTP, Luan Peters remarkably did not mime to Tina's vocals but used her own voice (which was a bit weaker of course but at least she had the courage to perform 'live').

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM
Sorry to hear this.  I'll stay out of the TC discussion this time