Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Oops, seems there's a possibility that Luan Peters has not died after all. The news was released yesterday by Equity but might be wrong. Which is rather embarrassing for them, but very good news for Miss Peters.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

mojo2007
Matt Murphy, the great blues guitar player has gone. Saw him in Croydon 1962 backing Muddy and Wolf.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Willoway
Looking on social media, looks like she did die late last year, amongst other things there is a posting from a actress colleague https://twitter.com/simonparton98/status/1006542222785949701 not just based on the Equity source.

A real face from the 1976 TOTP repeats, due to the vagaries of the missing episodes in the middle of that year, she seemed to be on every week with Doctor Kiss Kiss. And also the repeated who appeared/sang in 5000 Volts discussions on popscene.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

VintageVideos
Willoway wrote
she seemed to be on every week with Doctor Kiss Kiss
I know this is a bit complicated but that was Linda Kelly, not Luan Peters.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Tartan at half-mast today. The Bay City Rollers' Alan Longmuir has passed away.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-alan-longmuir-dead-bay-12835404

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
There will be many a fifty-something lady feeling a little older today. The un-boyish looking Alan Longmuir always seemed a bit out of place in the Rollers, so it was no surprise when he was the first to leave. My older sister idolised him.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Tartan at half-mast today. The Bay City Rollers' Alan Longmuir has passed away.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-alan-longmuir-dead-bay-12835404
Sad news.  The popularity of The Bay City Rollers was phenomenal.
Alan and I were both born in the same hospital

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

JEZ
Very sad news to hear ,the bay city rollers played a big part of 1974 -75,they were very poular with my older sister in our house

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Legsfan
“Queen of Soul” Aretha Franklin has died aged 76.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Aretha Franklin was a legendary figure in popular music. An irreplaceable talent. RIP.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Thanks Aretha for the wonderful songs. An extraordinary artist; the greatest female Soul vocalist ever.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Legsfan
Chas Hodges from Chas and Dave has died aged 74.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45613563

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

sueforever
So sad to hear that Chas Hodges died.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Legsfan wrote
Chas Hodges from Chas and Dave has died aged 74.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45613563
Very sad news. Chas and his musician partner Dave created the musical genre Rockney and produced some great classics.
A fine singer, songwriter, session man and all round nice geezer.

Oh dear, what a shame. Chas and Dave are one of those acts who seemed immortal. Always good value whatever they appeared on. RIP Chas.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Al Matthews (November 21, 1942 - September 23, 2018)

Al Matthews was an American actor and singer based in the United Kingdom, best known for his appearance as Gunnery Sergeant Apone in the film Aliens.

Other film credits include Rough Cut, Omen III: The Final Conflict, Superman III, The Fifth Element, and Tomorrow Never Dies. He also worked in British television, appearing in Grange Hill as the father of Benny Green, as well as in theatre and radio. He presented the Saturday night Radio 1 show Discovatin' and in 1975 he scored a musical hit in the UK Singles Chart  with "Fool", which reached number 16.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

I wonder if you saw the BBC news when they mentioned the death of Chas Hodges. It had a clip of him and Dave doing the song for Tottenham Hotspur. And you could see Sue and Lulu wearing Tottenham Hotspur shirts singing along to the song.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM
Maybe not the time for levity but did they cut Patti off SFE or did you forget to mention her?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Yes SFE I caught the clip of Ossie's Dream, it felt strange to see Legs & Co on the main evening news. A pity in the circumstances that it didn't come with a spark of pleasure.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM wrote
Maybe not the time for levity but did they cut Patti off SFE or did you forget to mention her?
The latter. I guess surprise at the sight of his fave necessitates a degree of filtering.