Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Oops, seems there's a possibility that Luan Peters has not died after all. The news was released yesterday by Equity but might be wrong. Which is rather embarrassing for them, but very good news for Miss Peters.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

mojo2007
Matt Murphy, the great blues guitar player has gone. Saw him in Croydon 1962 backing Muddy and Wolf.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Willoway
Looking on social media, looks like she did die late last year, amongst other things there is a posting from a actress colleague https://twitter.com/simonparton98/status/1006542222785949701 not just based on the Equity source.

A real face from the 1976 TOTP repeats, due to the vagaries of the missing episodes in the middle of that year, she seemed to be on every week with Doctor Kiss Kiss. And also the repeated who appeared/sang in 5000 Volts discussions on popscene.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

VintageVideos
Willoway wrote
she seemed to be on every week with Doctor Kiss Kiss
I know this is a bit complicated but that was Linda Kelly, not Luan Peters.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Tartan at half-mast today. The Bay City Rollers' Alan Longmuir has passed away.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-alan-longmuir-dead-bay-12835404

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
There will be many a fifty-something lady feeling a little older today. The un-boyish looking Alan Longmuir always seemed a bit out of place in the Rollers, so it was no surprise when he was the first to leave. My older sister idolised him.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Tartan at half-mast today. The Bay City Rollers' Alan Longmuir has passed away.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-alan-longmuir-dead-bay-12835404
Sad news.  The popularity of The Bay City Rollers was phenomenal.
Alan and I were both born in the same hospital

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

JEZ
Very sad news to hear ,the bay city rollers played a big part of 1974 -75,they were very poular with my older sister in our house