Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

sueforever
We didn't see Patti at all PattiforPM.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Doc
He was distracted by Sue in a Spurs top. (Better teams are available Sue!)
Still living in 1979

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Doc
Ironically Chas and Dave are on TOTP tonight and there’s a documentary about them right after the Friday TOTP.
Still living in 1979

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

BeautifulBabs
Geoffrey from rainbow rip

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
French singer and songwriter Charles Aznavour has died at 94 after a career lasting more than 80 years.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/01/charles-aznavour-french-singer-dies-aged-94

All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Old Grey Whistler
We have lost Montserrat Cabelle, the Spanish Opera singer who combined so magnificently with Freddie Mercury on Barcelona.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45769808

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Hugh McDowell, cellist from ELO and Wizzard has died, aged 65

https://bestclassicbands.com/hugh-mcdowell-obituary-11-7-18/
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Legsfan
Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley has died aged 63.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46476369

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Legsfan wrote
Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley has died aged 63.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46476369
Gutted to hear this news.
R.I.P. Punk icon Pete Shelley.
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Shocked to hear this last night. The Buzzcocks gave punk a more introspective side and were still gigging to enthusiastic crowds. A sad unexpected loss. RiP Pete Shelley.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Very sorry to hear the news of Pete's death last night. The Buzzcocks were an inspirational band and in the vanguard of alternative bands making appearances on TOTP.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

The Rubberband Man
Ray Sawyer (1937-2018) - The guy from Dr Hook with the eyepatch and cowboy hat has died aged 81

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-ray-sawyer-dead-dr-13798436
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Everything'sRosie
Sad news about Ray Sawyer, but I'm surprised he was as old as 81.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Willoway
This post was updated on .
Dean Ford, singer of (the) Marmalade died yesterday (January 1st) Here are the two most famous songs they did.
https://youtu.be/Lu2mEkhcrQA (Ob la di on TOTP)
https://youtu.be/79NiN7ISW7E (Reflections of my life)

Added Rainbow due to popular demand https://youtu.be/9Dv-e-EIXGI

and another little YouTube gem https://youtu.be/1hx54STYl18

...is she really going out with him?

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

VintageVideos
Really sad
Marmalade had some really good songs. Rainbow has always been a favourite of mine, as well as My Little One.
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Hanway2
 Very sad news bout Dean Ford. Rainbow, as mentioned, and of course Reflections Of My Life, are two Of Marmalade’s greatest  songs. RIP Dean.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

PattiforPM
I'm sad about Dean too.  I also forgot to mention that Mike "Beard Guy" Taylor of the band Walk off the Earth died recently

Ironic:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCSM3-mdSdA

Dean Ford had amazing range as a vocalist and Reflections Of My Life is a classic 60s single. RiP Sir.

Re: Music people taking the stairway to heaven.

Gorgeous Daze
Daryl Dragon, 'Captain' of Captain and Tennille, has passed away aged 76.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46745209