My Secret Is Out

Jack8960
Hello all - the above is the title of a book written by Patience Bradley - its about her battle with bulimia.  I have tried to get a copy at our local Tesco - but was unsuccessful - its available to buy online - just want to know if she mentions her so called time with legs & Co.  Patience lives in my hme town of Holywood, Co Down in Northern Ireland.  I did meet her once via a very good friend - was very disappointed to find out she wasn't who she wa supposed to be.  Patti was my favourite dancer with the group - although I always loved Sue's hair - (I know - it's a girl thing).  I hope you don't mind me bringing up the PB story line again - I thought you may all be interested.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Of course we are interested Jackie. This publicity seeking woman just wont go away though will she. Im not really sure what she does to merit her fame. Is she some sort of charity worker ? I have also heard she breeds Dogs ! Was she really a model ? And now you tell me shes battling Bulimia, well i think shes battling bull s**t. Because i think we all now know this fraudulent imposter who actually tries to pass her self of as Patti Hammond has just become a joke to all of us in the Legs and co fraturnity.
    I would like to know Jackie when you met this woman, did you bring up the thorny issue of Legs and Co to her, and i would be keen to know her reply.
    Regarding the Goddesses hair, yes it is lovely, i can never make my mind up on which period of time i like it best. I loved her 1974 PP long hair but then again i loved her sexy dont know what you call it, 79/80 style. Yes A lot of people have Patti as there favourite, its quite amazing on here how its the Sue and Patti show.
     Glad youve posted on here, nice to see a new name, pity youve choosen the quietest day since xmas day though ! Im sure others hopefully will reply to your info regarding the infamous PB.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Jack8960
Hello Ryan - I met her about 6 months ago via a very good friend (who's totally taken with her) - I have been in her house - which is weird to say the least - also on her living room walls are photos of Legs  & Co.  - I actually asked her which one she was - and she didn;t quite answer me - however the photos are of all the original girls - Sue etc.  I have seen her around the town (Holywood) quite often - she gets numerous requests to appear at charity events (because of her association with Legs & Co) - so I think its quite dishonest of her to promote herself as a member of L&Co.  Looking at one of Amy's posts Patience seems to have danced one or two dances as  a back up or stand in - but that doesn't give her the right to say she was a member of L&Co.  Patience also claims her mother was a'west end' star - similar to Patti - as well as training in ballet at a young age - again similar to Patti.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Sorry Jackie i think this womans been no where near Legs and co ever. I do so hate liars, especially ones who try to gain noraity from these wonderful ladies. I like the way you say its weird in her house,lol. Well that says it all how she didnt answer you regarding which one she was, imagine if she had said Patti, i wonder if you would have challenged her ? Or would the whole thing have been to embarrissing all round. If id have been there i would have tore her to pieces, but thats me, i dont do subtle. She sounds like a Patti wanna be.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Jack8960
Ruan - she most def is a Patti wannabe.  At first I believed it - I mean who's gonna do something like that! - anyway - after looking at a few of her interviews it all doesn't add up.  However - I wil lwait my turn - I'm sure our paths will cross again ( I didn;t want to embarrass my friend - who btw is a really dear friend)  and I will ask her out right which girls she is suppossed to be.  I have made a few inquiries with my former employer and certain people in programme areas and if her name comes up again they will contact me.  It really annoys me now - Patti was my hero - and at one point I thought I was meeting her!! - not to worry - long runs the fox - she will be exposed.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Tell you the truth i can not understand how shes not been exposed by now. I take it Legs and co were as popular in Northern Ireland as they were in the rest of the UK. Maybe she feels safe over there, as i dont think she could get away with it on the mainland.  Strange how the 2 routines she said she was in ,its quite hard to identify the dancers to people who are not that familiar with them, luckily we are in a position to know differently. Well i was hoping for more people to come on here tonight, i hope they will later.

Re: My Secret Is Out

PattiforPM
Hello Jack and Ryan.  Interesting insights from you Jack regarding a personal contact with Patience.  Increasingly she sounds a bit spooky and needy but not sure how far we should go on a public forum discussing an individual like this so I'm a bit conflicted.  Certainly I think we settled the Legs & Co question on here a little while ago but thanks for your input

Re: My Secret Is Out

Jack8960
Hello Ryan - to tell he truth - I don't know how she hasn;t been exposed by now - no matter - it will be exposed at some time - I have to go and do my youngest youngest daugther's makeup - and then run her into town - afte that I will be pouring myselfe a large glass of wine - I have work into the morning - its an 11am start - so not too bad - will join the forum again tomorrow = talk to you all soon - Jackie

Re: My Secret Is Out

CYA Jackie, sorry the forum wasnt fully manned tonight, but i enjoyed your input, please call on us again. Hopefully some people might be on next time.X

Re: My Secret Is Out

Dave
  Hi Jackie,really good to have a new member (hopefully!) to join the ranks of the blog. Excuse me now please YMG as I know this is not your favourite topic !.....Its amazing that you have come into such close contact with the outrageous imposter PB.I dont know how the woman can live with so many lies,especially as she apparently does all these good(?) works for charity !!When this was first flagged up both my wife and I were curious to find out more....we read the article in the paper and were stunned at her claims....I have actually posted a complaint to the paper even though it was done a couple of years ago....I am still waiting for a response ! Needless to say people can be sued for things like this  and she should be very careful of making false claims.  Apart from anything else,there is only one Patti Hammond....the original ! This PB is most certainly off her head and completely deluded to think she looks anything like the one and only Patti. This woman lives a life of lies in my opinion and quite frankly deserves to reap the consequences of this. Ryan has said in the past that he knows one of the group has read this blog....if that is true,I wonder what they make of this ?  Its almost like trying to steal someones identity....unbelievable...maybe I could pass myself off as Pattiforpm ? Ryan maybe....Suefan....no..Ive got it....Im YMG !!  Dave.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Dave ive already, contacted the troupe member who ive conversed with and asked her about PB. You can guess the answer, she didnt know what i was on about, infact i felt daft after asking her about it.

Re: My Secret Is Out

PattiforPM
Its a settled issue now then Ryan but I'm glad you asked and the PB woman does sound as if she needs professional help.  She sounds like a troubled sister of a friend of ours who claimed to be hearing impaired, disabled (in a wheelchair) and of Native Heritage and got involved with lots of Charities and Lobby Groups and even adopted a deaf child but none of it was true.

Re: My Secret Is Out

End of story as far as the PB woman is concerned,defo. Yes i think PB does need some sort of councilling for the rare condition of bullshitesse sydrome.

Re: My Secret Is Out

PattiforPM
I agree and as Dave says (I live by this one) there is only one Patti Hammond

Re: My Secret Is Out

I agree, theres only one Patti, like theres only one of the other 5. How dare this odious woman try to pull this one. Im quite angry over this the more i think about it.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I was all set to go into my usual moan about yet another PB thread...

Then I read about Jack's experience, and suddenly the story gets a whole new dimension.

No accusations, Jack, but your story is so good, especially the pictures on the wall bit, and avoiding the "Which One Are You?" question, that I can't help thinking it's just too good to be true.

But what a great story. Tell us more Jack. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'm hooked again. And that's saying something.

But I'm also feeling a little bit sorry for this poor old women and her fantasy life. I can't really work up the indignation that Ryan and the others seem to feel.

YMG

You've all done vey well!

Re: My Secret Is Out

Why cant you feel the indignation we feel, the woman is using our heroines good name to further her cause. Surely thats enough for even you sir to pour scorn on this wretched woman. I do admire the fact you see the good in everybody though. I know im quite irate over her ludicrous claims.

Re: My Secret Is Out

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Lets not argue Ryan: we just have different attitudes. For me, if the crazy old lady has pictures of her fantasy celebrity friends on her wall, then she's clearly lost the plot: a harmless loony, not a hustler.

I know your view is different. But let's wait to hear more of what jack has to say about Mrs Bonkers.

YMG

You've all done vey well!

Re: My Secret Is Out

Ok we will agree to disagree, most definatly on this one. Sounds like we are miles apart !

Re: My Secret Is Out

late night viewer
Most thoughtful, considerate and wise words yet expressed on the forum. I was doubtful but this time YMGW.
1234