Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Colm

Just appeared on my Facebook page from a fan page for a YouTube channel called The TV Museum, who upload some excellent clips of UK TV continuity across the decades.

Description for the Facebook post:

"A screen grab of a recording we recovered today from a Philips tape. It features Pan's People dancing to Gloria Gaynor's "Never Can Say Goodbye" - which we think must be from the missing edition of TOTP transmitted on 19/12/74 (although the other recordings on the tape are from 1975 & 1976)."

On the bad side, their YouTube channel description states:

"Please note that, other than very short news bulletins, we will never upload complete programmes.

Moreover, we will not upload material that could deprive, or could usefully be used by a third party to deprive, a copyright holder (such as BBC Worldwide or Freemantle Media) of income."

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Mikey
Great pic Colm, cheers

Cherry in Red though?

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Brilliant find Colm ,this would be on my wish list of missing pans routines.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

VintageVideos
Wow that looks great, fantastic find!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

They've said it is a tape full of Pan's People extracts!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

JEZ
Hopefully those few lost ones from 1975 and 1976 might be amongst them

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Doc
They have Please Mr Postman and The Night. The complete tape has not been checked yet!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

PattiforPM
What a good day this is.  Thanks for the news guys

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

AC/PD
From OFTD, Sue's memories of the Never Can Say Goodbye routine:
"The Gloria Gaynor song, "Never can say goodbye" I do recall. There was a lot of waving "farewell" with hankies ! I think we  had a small suitcase each...."

And Dancer's...
"Again a beautiful dance where they were dressed as hoofers and kicked their way through this routine."

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

JEZ
I remember when the forum was first set up with just a handful or so of us dancing fans ,and a couple named Dave and his misses used to post regular ,I think her name was sue as well ,and sue described the never can say goodbye routine much the same description as sue menhenick did.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Doc
JEZ wrote
Dave and his misses used to post regular
Lol!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

That's great news that we have found three new routines. That we thought was gone for good.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Mikey wrote
Cherry in Red though?
And Ruth in Green?

The pic looks like Brighton station.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

JEZ wrote
Hopefully those few lost ones from 1975 and 1976 might be amongst them
The 3 quoted are the only unique ones. Many of those recorded ironically duplicate those on the Vicars tape. There is one unknown 10-15 second clip, hopefully they can put up a screen grab and we can identify it.

A screen grab of Please Mr Postman has been put up on the Facebook page.

Too many tracks between the platforms, I’d take a guess at it being York.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

VintageVideos
Could someone with a facebook account please post the pic of PMP here?

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Your're probably right Doc, never been to York.

Heres what they posted in facebook.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

VintageVideos
Thanks Mikey.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Doc
The unknown clip is from one of the Barbados routines,