Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Doc
I wish! My memories of Pan's, other than remembering watching them, are minimal to say the least and tend to be restricted to unusual or significant events.
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

ALEXMITCH1
The 'Bus Stop' routine, I've mentioned before, from memory was December 19th, 1 week before their 4 routines at Christmas and Morecombe & Wise special. So, as I recall a film of the Fatback Band was shown with the girls coming in half way through at the bottom of the screen. There was a January listing on the DLT episode, but the David Hamilton tape of his first episode had a little of that DLT one, towards the end which had 'Bus Stop' as the play-out track.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

VintageVideos
ALEXMITCH1 wrote
the David Hamilton tape of his first episode had a little of that DLT one, towards the end which had 'Bus Stop' as the play-out track.
Thanks Alex, that's sorted out then! Even though I have a copy of the DH episode (22/01/76), and I remember that I watched the short snippet at the end showing DLT from the week before, I completely forgot about it. But you are right as always, Bus Stop is the playout, so the date of the routine must be 18/12/75. Great detective work!

I must say I'm rather envious of the recall of Jez and Alex, it's quite impressive and very helpful in recreating the Pan's lists.
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
I must say I'm rather envious of the recall of Jez and Alex, it's quite impressive and very helpful in recreating the Pan's lists.
I'm amazed at everything on this thread.... both the recovery of long lost Pan's People routines, and the super human powers of memory recollection. All quite remarkable.
Really wonderful news about the Pan's routines.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

CoffeeThing
This is all so exciting. It's terribly sad too if people don't get to enjoy the girls' wonderful art once it is found. Life is too short. It does make you think that almost everything that's 'missing' quite probably exists somewhere in one form or another. Let's hope so anyway.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Ok, fair enough, so the person recording then possibly wouldn't have recorded the performance thinking it was just the band, and when Pans eventually appeared it was probably too late.

Just as an afterthought on all this i wonder if the "TV Museum" would be ok with sharing part of the 3 new routines, even if it was just 20-30 secs each, that would at least give a flavour of each without compromising anything and surely sharing old clips is their 'raison d'etre' anyway.

It’s a possibility, but if they get a BFI showing they might want to keep them under wraps for now.
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

PattiforPM
I'm encouraged that the terminology is museum and not vault.....

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Legsfan
Truly amazing that these routines have finally been found. I just hope one day Pan's People on Top of the Pops 1968 & 1969 are found somewhere.
Exciting, but I know that these won't be released publically for a very long time, though I hope they are shown at an event like Kal in the near future.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

First class news (and the station backdrop looks like St. Pancras to me).

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

The Rubberband Man
I'm guessing the train shed is Hull station. The window pattern on the end canopy is very similar in design. The problem is the triple track layout. A lot of stations have now been modernised with new track layouts, and some tracks have often been removed to make wider platforms. It's difficult to tell looking at recent pictures.

The train carriage looks real.... I'm wondering if it's possible to step (or dance) inside it ?

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Suefan
The Rubberband Man wrote
I'm guessing the train shed is Hull station.....
Well it would be an apt choice for such Paragon dancers.

Re: Never Can Say Goodbye (19/12/1974) screenshot

Hi bit late to the party here what are the thoughts about which railway station was used for the back drop ? Was Hull a joke ??