Quantcast

New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman
Feeling like a late entry into the Charts by not discovering this site before now, but I've only by chance found it in the last few days...! And what a great one it is too...

I turn 50 later this year and so as you might guess Legs & Co was a big part of TOTPS for me growing up. I starting watching around 1979 as I recall and was absolutely gutted when the girls stopped... So how pleased am I to realise just recently of the re-runs on BBC4?! Oh how I wish i'd known sooner!

I MUST therefore say a big personal thank you to everyone that's put in so much time and effort to set up this site and provide such an incredible amount of material from years gone by. So much I remember and yet even more now presents itself as an undiscovered and brilliant reminder of wonderful days gone by and in particular why I loved Legs & Co so much...

Let's be honest it was such a long time ago now, but how great to bring it to life again in this way for all to enjoy once more...  The contributions, support and enthusiasm from Sue especially make it a true delight!!

Brilliant!!!

Secretly a huge fan of Sue, but shh don't tell anyone... ;)

Re: New Member Thank You

PattiForPM
Great first post SCM.  Welcome to OFTDs and hope you stick around and join in with some of the Threads

Re: New Member Thank You

Great to find such an enthusiastic and appreciative new member Sussexclansman. And you'll be pleased to learn you're not the only Sussex fan-man here. Welcome aboard.

Re: New Member Thank You

Dancer
Welcome to the cruise Sussex Clansman.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman
Thanks PFPM and GD.

I can't claim to know anything like as much as you guys do, but I am no less appreciative of all the success that Legs achieved and the enjoyment that they gave to me as much as everyone else.

I clearly have a lot of homework to do here by the look of it, but if I don't comment, don't doubt that I will read a good many of the threads, routines, interviews etc, etc.... You guys are very committed! And how Sue remembers it all is beyond me! If someone asked me what I did on a particular day 35 - 40 years ago, "breathing" would be about as good a reply as you might get! lol
Secretly a huge fan of Sue, but shh don't tell anyone... ;)

Re: New Member Thank You

Sounds like you joined for the same reason as me, Sussexclansman...to keep the memories alive. I got a response from Sue today from one of my posts, so I'm a little excited! Yes, you really are as close as that here. Welcome.

Re: New Member Thank You

Welcome Sussexclansman! I hope you will enjoy your time on here. Actually, I'm sure you will.

Re: New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman
I'm still trying to get my head around how the threads connect, so excuse me if I am picking up on the wrong thing ER, but I presume you mean the picture/cars piece from the Clansman's legendary homeland, then totally. Where or how on earth the article was discovered in the first place is beyond me.

I can so see Rosie matching up with a 2CV and Sue with a Fiat 127 though...
Secretly a huge fan of Sue, but shh don't tell anyone... ;)

Re: New Member Thank You

Welcome Sussexclansman. This is a very friendly place to be so I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Re: New Member Thank You

Welcome from me too SCM and simply great to see a fellow Legs & Co fan onboard. Such a shame you've only just discovered OFTDs right at the tail end of Legs run on BBC4.

I just wondered do you have a preference or liking for any single dancer ?

Just to say that new users should read the upper most top thread on the forum, that basically outlines to newbies how to use the forum and where to find stuff.

Re: New Member Thank You

Welcome Sussexclansman

Re: New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman
Thanks all for the warm welcome, not least of all, Ryan

I had a brief look a few days ago at the hints and tips, but only briefly. There is so much here... I'll take another look though. Just one point of admin for now. If I reply, which reply tab do I click on in a conversation. The original, the last or doesn't it matter?

Yep, feeling like I've only just managed to grab the last bus home in terms of the run on BBC4. Conversations appear to have quietened down a bit too as a consequence I guess, but for no less lack of interest or love of a class act I'd say.

So do I have a favourite dancer? Well get you Ryan, straight in there with the killer question! lol Back in the day no. I was perhaps a bit too young then to be especially discerning. Now that I look back though I must admit to having a "Brucie Favourite" or two... for different reasons as well.

but still admiration for all. Think I might keep you in suspense a little longer on that one!
Secretly a huge fan of Sue, but shh don't tell anyone... ;)

Re: New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman wrote
If I reply, which reply tab do I click on in a conversation. The original, the last or doesn't it matter?
You can reply on any of the `blue reply tabs`. So if the post you want to reply to is further back in the thread, just hit `reply` to that post. Once your post gets posted you will see in small gold letters that you have replied to that particular post, rather like you have done on your last message when you replied to me.

Re: New Member Thank You

Doc
Gold letters, you're honoured I get blue ones!

Re: New Member Thank You

Well they look gold on my screen, below is an example. Does anyone else get blue letters then ?

Re: New Member Thank You

PattiForPM
I get gold and blue

(Sorry SCM not meaning to Hijack your first ever Thread)

Re: New Member Thank You

Welcome form me - I assume you know where to find the clips to watch.....

Re: New Member Thank You

Welcome SCM, I hope you are enjoying time on our forum.

Re: New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman
Yes thanks Andeebee, I'll have a more thorough look when I have some more time. At this point I just you tube your name and I have plenty there to keep me occupied for now. Amazing that you have collated all this stuff....

The "Reply" debate is a bit like that famous dress from last year... Is it Blue or Gold??! Sadly I am yet to find any gold... Perhaps you need a min of 10000 posts before reaching such heady heights and everything you touch actually does turn to gold!

Secretly a huge fan of Sue, but shh don't tell anyone... ;)

Re: New Member Thank You

Sussexclansman
Hi Ryan

To be fair to you I never did answer your question did I on whether I have a preference for a particular dancer or not. So here's the reveal...

At the time I didn't. I was always just in awe at the group as a whole and for the most part the music. Novelty songs aside.

Ask me the same question today and I'd say Rosie because she reminds me so much of my youngest daughter. Always happy and full of fun. She would so love to have had Rosie's hair too!

But ultimately for me personally it has to be Sue. That said without everyone together there is/was no group of course...

So there you have it, that's me

Secretly a huge fan of Sue, but shh don't tell anyone... ;)