New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
After a long drought of new material for me to post, "It's Been So Long" has broken the floodgates, and I've been sent another two rare Pan's People Top of the Pops appearances.
So look out for a timely Pan's People routin  in just a few hours, and another within the next day or two.

I'm sure my shy retiring benefactors are among the regular OFTD forum crowd, so may I take this opportunity to thank them again for sharing these are gems with the rest of us.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Mikey
I've just noticed you put Keep On Truckin there as well, thanks.

Perhaps we can add to the PPCS if Vin is willing.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

I'm sure you posted 'It's Been So Long' a couple of years back. It's been on You Tube for some time now. Will be looking with interest to see what I can update to green on the TOTP surviving list.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Young Mister Grace
Duh. Of course I meant to mention "Keep on Truckin'", not "It's Been So Long". My brain hurts.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Doc
I've changed Trukin to green to reflect it being on the blog. Not quite new as a rough version appeared on You Tube for a short time a while back.

Unfortunately I've downgraded 4 to red as it's over 3 years since they were last seen in public.
The Weavers Answer
Montego Bay
Truck on Tyke
Dance With The Devil

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Mikey wrote
Perhaps we can add to the PPCS if Vin is willing.
Sure, if there's a demand for it...

There must still be more than 50 Pan's People TOTP routines that aren't publicly available.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Doc
A quick count up suggests about 67!

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

VintageVideos
Of course this number includes the finds from the Levine and Vicar tapes. I don't believe any of those will find their way to the blog in the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately many of those routines are introduced by the unmentionable DJ's so that'll frighten the BBC off ever showing them.

Has the BBC ever shown anything by Pan's People in full during the past 5 years (except on that Xmas 1975 show that was repeated last year)? The new generation of BBC editors obviously look upon the dance troupes merely as something to be ridiculed in the now oh so popular "how could we" fashion.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Doc
Nothing as far as I'm aware. Even Get Down has only had clips shown. TOTP2 has ignored them since the Steve Wright days. Come to think of it TOTP2 seems to have been dropped as well.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

VintageVideos
"You Can Do Magic" is now on the blog.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

VintageVideos wrote
Mikey wrote
Yep thats the dilemma. The current Legs & Co offering for example has took a whole fortnight to crawl to just ten sets of ratings. But im sure if you do add it to PPCS the small but loyal Pans fanbase would comment and rate it and achieve the desired ten sets benchmark.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

The current Legs & Co offering for example has took a whole fortnight to crawl to just ten sets of ratings.
Yeah I noticed that. But I blame it on the holiday season.

So far, 98 Pan's People performances are up for ratings. It would be nice to make it 100 (at least).

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

VintageVideos wrote
"You Can Do Magic" is now on the blog.
hooray and great its the colour version

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

BeautifulBabs
I liked the Kangaroo joke Vin- where did it go !?

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

VintageVideos
Some of my posts have a rather short half life. Blink - and they're gone!

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

BeautifulBabs wrote
VintageVideos wrote
Blame PVL Ken for only buying a black and white recorder. Now if only Bob Monkhouse had been interested in TOTP.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

VintageVideos
Doc wrote
Blame PVL Ken for only buying a black and white recorder.
Praise him for recording this show in the first place.

The earliest TOTP colour recording in the PVL is 31/01/74.

Re: New Pan's People TOTP rarities coming soon...

Doc
Yes, only joking. It would be a woeful situation without him, The Vicar, Bob Pratt and the VT staff who used their routines for editing practice and left them on the tapes and who also produced compilations for the dancers. Probably the best part of 60 routines have survived through one of these ways.