New TOPIC

Patti'sdaughter
Okay everyone,  we are all Pan's people, Ruby Flipper, Legs & Co fans.

Here's a new topic for discussion if you like to join in.

If you could take 1 girl from each of PP, RF and L&C to dinner what would you order them to eat and why?

YOU CAN'T PICK THE SAME GIRL.
amy x

Re: New TOPIC

PattiforPM
Interesting notion Amy and I must admit I had lots of thoughts (not all printable) but here's the list:

1.  L&C.  Patti Hammond and we're going to an East Coast Canadian restaurant for Lobster (a really interactive meal)

2.  RF.  Sue Mehenick for Coffee and Chocolate Truffles

3.  PP.  Cherry Gillespie and Pancake Breakfast with Maple Syrup

Re: New TOPIC

  Good stuff this Amy.

  Ok then, enough of this Canadian fare pattiforpm, like your thinking though.
  I`ll  keep it traditional and British.

 1 L/co -  I would take a out 2nd mortgage and take Sue to the Dorchester in London for cavier and smoked salmon. Then on to Stingfellows so i can embarrass her with my dancing. She would proberly pretend to go to the ladies, then into a cab home. Dammed expensive night to be left high and dry.

 2 PP - Me and big beautiful Babs would have to go for a curry. Because by now i`m almost broke through taking Sue out, i hope Babs pays half the bill.

 3 RF - I`ve only got a tenner left so me and Lulu would share fish and chips. Then a quick shandy, a bit of a snog, then i wake up. Weird dream that .

Re: New TOPIC

Suefan
Sorry Ryan but Sue remembered she had a date with me.

Hey Amy, can't I cheat and take Sue out all three times (as she was in all three groups) - that way I can edge out Ryan :)

Re: New TOPIC

  Hey suefan, you may have the name, but shes mine. I eat ,drink and sleep that woman. Looks like ive got a rival. Keep commenting in though, i love the banter.

Re: New TOPIC

Hi Ryan

I see you are a fan of the Theme from Mahogany routine and that is also one of my favourites from the later days of Pans.  That was a good week as we also had Sue, Cherry and Ruth dancing to Disco Connection on the show.  In fact a good month all round with More More More and Sexy Sugar Plum as well.

I know to most Pans fans it is sacrilege to suggest it but I think the standard of dancing from the final line up was better than in earlier years and, after the Flipper episode, this improvement continued with Legs.

Apart from the obvious, amongst the things I liked about Sue was not only how good a dancer she was but also the confidence she had right from the start.  Joining an established group and dancing on national TV must have been quite a challenge for a youngster (was she 18 or 19 when she joined) but from her first dance to Summer Breeze she more than held her own.  Having danced twice (I'm assuming she danced on the 13 June 1974) it must have been disappointing for her to find TOTP off air for the next seven weeks due to a strike but she looks lovely and assured on their returned with When Will I See You Again.  That must be amongst my favourite three or four routines from the classic Pans era along with Foot Stompin Music by Hamilton Bohannon, the week Flick ruined the girls jeans in the wash, and Van McCoys The Hustle when Sue took centre stage.

Given Sue's ability, and the fact that she had been in Pans, it was natural she be seen as the leader when Legs formed and I'm a little surprised that she was not given more solo dances.  The only ones I can recall are the two different appearances to Annies Song on June 29 and Dec 25 1978 and of course her farewell dance to Vangellis I'll Find My Way Home on Dec 17, 1981.  Are you aware of any other?

Re: New TOPIC

  I`m completely gobsmacked, a guy with real taste. I felt so alone and stranded on here, so to find someone who knows his Sue stuff is great.
  Yes its always amazed me how she just fitted in to PP. I bet the audition was a cake walk for her. When she joined in 74, that was when i really got into PP. Early PP was ok but i was just to young for it.
  My all time fav Sue apperance was `When will i see you again`. This always brings a lump to my throat even now. She just injected so much youth,energy and of course beauty into what was becoming a rather old and tired act. Another fav of mine was `you`ll never find another fool like me`, when there on those swings with red noses on. Great days those.
  I could literally bang on for hours about this goddess. But maybe another time. So glad your onboard suefan, keep up your good work.

Re: New TOPIC

  Sorry suefan ive been wracking my brain i cant think of any more solo stuff. She and Lulu danced together to the awful `Dancing with the captain` during there RF days. Thats the closest i can think of.

Re: New TOPIC

PattiforPM
Hey Ryan and SueFan, don't forget Ryan's favourite "Ma Baker" !!   Actually I think true solos are pretty rare for any of the dancers but I'm not sure if it's just my bias but it does seem that we see more of Patti than 1/6 of the time

Re: New TOPIC

Suefan
As you say Pattiforpm solo routines were a rarity.  Rather than hijack amy's thread I'll start another for anyone to jot down any solos, or part solos, they can think of.

Re: New TOPIC

Suefan
Getting back to this thread I think it must be time for my triple date with Sue:)

Now I've always imagined her to be an outdoors kind of girl so we'd start the day with a fruit salad breakfast, washed down with a glass or two of bubbly, as we drift serenely over the Western Cape in a hot-air balloon.  For lunch, a seafood platter, whilst we take a boat trip to see the seal colonies around Duilker Island or do a spot of whale watching.  It can get a little choppy out in False Bay so I hope Sue has her sea legs, otherwise she'll have to hang onto me for support.  To finish the day a romantic dinner at Rick's where, after a spicy tagine of lamb, we could sit out on the roof deck in the shadow of the mountain and I could feed her spoonfuls of honey sweetened baklava accompanied with a glass of muscadel.  (Hope the missus doesn't get to read this or she will be getting ideas!)

Re: New TOPIC

PattiforPM
Wow SueFan.  With the kind of date you're offering Sue I don't think she'll appreciate my Truffles and Coffee so I'm withdrawing the offer and giving them to Patti after we finish the Lobster

Re: New TOPIC

Wow. How can i hope to compete with Suefan. Your serious competition mate. I hope your missus does find out, then i`ll steam in there !
  One can only dream though.

  Look out for my Sue Menhenick appreciation thread coming soon. Theres to much Patti talk on these pages, time we fought back !

Re: New TOPIC

PattiforPM
Ryan I agree with the difficulty achieving parity with SueFan's intense admiration but, make no mistake, there can never be too much "Patti talk"

Re: New TOPIC

Suefan
Time to return to this thread in the light of information received.
Since I find that my girl is not a fan of sticky buns and cakes I need to tweak that menu a little.  Some nice warming butternut soup in place of the fruit salad to start the day I think; after all it can get a little nippy at altitude, thus saving the bubbly for the boat trip.  Then, instead of baklava, I can feed Sue spoonfuls of fresh fruit salad as we watch the Black Eagles soaring above the mountain in the last rays of the sinking sun, before returning to the hotel to end the evening with our feet up sipping a glass of local brandy whilst watching Top Hat.

Re: New TOPIC

bucksby
Ooh I don't think I could decide on the girl I would take them all! Cheese definately would not be on the menu though as I can't stand the stuff and the girls had to dance to a lot of it on TOTP :-)