Quantcast

New chat thread 15

Re: New chat thread 15

VintageVideos
First time I read an explanation of MS's absence from the repeats that makes sense.

Re: New chat thread 15

I have to say that I disagree with most things that Chris B says and I think he is wrong on this as well but who knows!

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan
Unless someone on here is a medium, I guess we will never know for sure.

Re: New chat thread 15

Old Grey Whistler
I used to be a medium but now I am extra large!

Re: New chat thread 15

Willoway
While appreciating Chris's information, this was Sarah Greene's response in Dec to a post from a now deleted account on twitter (I rely on DS for the original post, though SG's response is still on twitter, which is the important bit):

(Mr. Thomas)
Please reconsider your decision to deprive licence fee payers the chance to see TOTP episodes featuring your late husband.
(Sarah Greene)
Mr Thomas, re-read the BBC statement & understand this was my husband's wish & HIS decision.

which indicates no late equivocation on behalf of Mike Smith.

Having said that, my view for what it's worth is that individuals on a show shouldn't have final input on whether a show is broadcast or not, it's a combined effort of many people on both sides of the camera. Though if Chris is correct, the BBC now have no choice in the matter.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: New chat thread 15

I've updated the Who's rated what in the 40th Anniversaries for 1976.

I would make a start on 77, but OneDrive is having a bad day and has now decided to download every single file before it lets me doing anything else.

Re: New chat thread 15

Doc
1977 done as well now (after a 6GB download!).

Re: New chat thread 15

Doc wrote
I would make a start on 77, but OneDrive is having a bad day and has now decided to download every single file before it lets me doing anything else.
Thank goodness ive never encountered such problems on my many LCCS lists that i maintain on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. I prefer to update that way rather than let things build up.

Re: New chat thread 15

Doc
The 77 list was quick and easy to do, it's the bits and pieces from 76 that took the time.

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan
My avatar went a bit funny yesterday because my Ruth avatar didn't upload, but it has been fixed!

The TOTP preview will be a little different tomorrow.

I would also like to ask if anyone found my TOTP listing guide helpful or was it just forum clutter?
I removed the post as I thought those old shows are ancient history now.

Re: New chat thread 15

VintageVideos
Great to see another Ruth avatar on the forum. It's always an indication of particularly good taste!

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan
Thanks Vin, your avatar has always been a favorite of mine, but it would be too confusing if we had the same one!

Re: New chat thread 15

mojo2007
So true. More Ruth pictures please.

Re: New chat thread 15

Previously superfluous post now not breaking Ruth streak

Re: New chat thread 15

Its gone

Re: New chat thread 15

PattiForPM
I've relented.  If you change back Mikey we'll start the really tough job working on Doc

Re: New chat thread 15

Hi Doc, I noticed there's a blank on the chart for Mighty Power of Love regarding my review. I did a review a couple of weeks back, you must have missed it. I'm working on Sunny at the mo

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan wrote
I would also like to ask if anyone found my TOTP listing guide helpful or was it just forum clutter?
I removed the post as I thought those old shows are ancient history now.
Thanks for letting us know about Friday's TOTP night. BBC4 don't seem to be making as many new programmes as they used to. I suspect the budget is being squeezed ever tighter hence more and more repeats.

Re: New chat thread 15

Everything'sRosie wrote
Hi Doc, I noticed there's a blank on the chart for Mighty Power of Love regarding my review. I did a review a couple of weeks back, you must have missed it. I'm working on Sunny at the mo
I've added it to the spreadsheet, but it won't appear until I re-upload it.

Re: New chat thread 15

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Legsfan wrote
I would also like to ask if anyone found my TOTP listing guide helpful or was it just forum clutter?
I removed the post as I thought those old shows are ancient history now.
Thanks for letting us know about Friday's TOTP night. BBC4 don't seem to be making as many new programmes as they used to. I suspect the budget is being squeezed ever tighter hence more and more repeats.
Thanks for me too. I would quite likely have missed out again had you not mentioned it.