New chat thread 15

Locked 529 messages Options

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan
Pan's People's Mother And Child Reunion [Wiped] and Legs & Co's Saturday Nite were on my birthday.

Re: New chat thread 15

Doc wouldn't a whole new thread in `Lists` have been more preferable for your new Legs ID section ? It may be more visible and user friendly that way. Id even have created a new sub forum for it if you wanted it.

Re: New chat thread 15

Doc
Yes of course, I just put there for convenience as I know you can move it later.

Re: New chat thread 15

Doc
Greg wouldn't be happy with todays header if he saw it!

Re: New chat thread 15

The Rubberband Man
I was watching Peter Kay's Car Share last night when this came on, and I thought what a coincidence as we're reviewing Gill and Rosie's routine this week for the 40th anniversary:-

Re: New chat thread 15

Yup, i also thought the same. What a brilliant show this is by the way.

Re: New chat thread 15

Ive decided to delete a certain well known topic thats been on the front page of the forum for the last two weeks. By leaving it up, it only serves to publicize something id rather not be doing.

As a consequence of this, anyone who contributed to that thread will receive a email from Nabble, basically along the lines of "some of your posts have been deleted". This is just standard Nabble procedure.

I really dislike deleting posts from members who made them for the right reasons, but i think its better the thread is removed. Our job is done !

Makes sense. May I just suggest one thing for your consideration. Might it be worth leaving only Sue's opening statement tucked away as a single post closed thread somewhere  far from the front page. It would not be in direct line of sight to anyone visiting OFTD for the right reasons but with the correct metatags it would serve wonderfully as a Google or similar search result for anyone researching that particular issue in isolation. At least that way the definitive truth would always be returned to those seeking information and it would perhaps provide Sue with peace of mind that her message of actual fact stands available online in a trusted place to correct any future falsehoods that are bandied around. It would then stand uncontentiously as a historical fact for clarification much like any other on OFTD. My apologies if I am speaking out of line.
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: New chat thread 15

I think that the post nature was quite sour and was something that should never have been discussed, but we all know that someone is still living in a fantasy world, so sometimes sour topics have to be clarified.
However, I totally agree with Coffee Thing, I think that Sue's facts post should be kept somewhere at the back of the forum as it clears up quite a bit of confusion regarding this issue.
Doc's Legs I.D. will also be very useful as a reference if dispute over members does come up again. Great work!