New chat thread 15

Locked 529 messages Options

Re: New chat thread 15

PansLegs
RYAN wrote
I hope Panslegs doesn't mind me raiding his quality Pans screencaps that he posted in the PPCS for my header pics.
Not at all, I'm pleased they are useful in another context. But today's (22nd) is not mine folks.

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan
Lovely header Ryan! One of my favourite Legs & Co routines

Re: New chat thread 15

Yes its a very good routine. Its position of 85 in the Legs top 100 does seem a little low.

Re: New chat thread 15

The Rubberband Man
Kaleidoscope have another free event at Birmingham Uni on Saturday 11 March :-
Kaleidoscope: The Swinging Sixties - A Decade of Outstanding Television

Not much in the way of music based programmes on the agenda. Lionel Blair is booked as a speaker.
The Pete and Dud stuff looks interesting, as does the Steptoe & Son USA pilot.

Re: New chat thread 15

Thanks for that TRBM. Ive registered for my ticket.

Re: New chat thread 15

Froggy !  Am i being a bit dumb here, or did FC really provide the choreography for a single ITVs Benny Hill show on April 21st 1976. Its just very strange that the famous choreographer for BBC's TOTPs should do this. Looking at her IMBd listings everything else she did seemed to be for the corporation with the exception of this one show. The show is on YouTube and the resident dance troupe on the BH show then were `Love Machine` and the routine they perform is "Dancing In The Nude". Im guessing she had to use the pseudonym name as not to upset Uncle Bill Cotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwJy0r7Fxa0

Re: New chat thread 15

Thanks for that TRBM. Ive registered for my ticket.
I've got my ticket as well. I'll see you there.
It promisingly looks like it'll be a good day.

Re: New chat thread 15

The Rubberband Man
I'd like to say how cute today's banner is, whatever direction you look at it.

Re: New chat thread 15

PattiForPM
Thanks Mikey for the new Ruby Flipper pics, the first new ones in a while.  I must say they look a little dour in the second one and makes you wonder if the authors could have found a better pic to announce their cabaret plans!

Re: New chat thread 15

Gorgeous Daze
Although the pic does  look entirely appropriate for the 'Home For Incurables'. Sounds like something out of 1876!

Re: New chat thread 15

I agree. The two dead-pan expression pictures completely goes against the grain of the happy-go-lucky Ruby Flipper ethos of the time. But its a superb find Mikey so thanks from me also. Im surmising that if the Ruby Flipper cabaret bandwagon did continue in to later 76 & 77, it would simply be Legs & Co plus Floid, Phil and a couple of other boys like they did for the Schlagerfestival 1927 programme.

Re: New chat thread 15

Willoway
Just worth noting these and many more similar pics (though of a lesser resolution that what Mikey published) are in the Dance troupe [Ads, Notices & Auditions] section.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: New chat thread 15

Mikey
It certainly seems like the group shots were all done in the first few weeks and there is nothing following Gavins departure to show a united six. Of course the infamous Ruby Flopper article would have meant that any further promotional work would have stopped until Legs and Co were a group.

Re: New chat thread 15

Just when you think the well is running dry of Pans People pics, Mikey goes and posts The Daily Mirror one of Cherry, Dee Dee & Sue wearing Sexy Basques, stocking and suspenders. Absolutely amazing stuff and thanks for doing so Mikey, its a brilliant picture. Im sorely tempted to use it for my PC wallpaper picture.

But its just another example of Pans People goodies turning up that us Legs & Co fans can only dream about.

Re: New chat thread 15

Mikey, i dont encourage chatting on the pic thread. The Pans pics from Dec 76 are so good they are worth a new thread on the main forum on there own. Why dont you copy them and start a thread asking for theories.

Re: New chat thread 15

Im sorely tempted to use it for my PC wallpaper picture.
Thanks Ryan, its good to know there is still good stuff out there isnt it, makes all the searching worthwhile. I'm ahead of you on the wallpaper though

Re: New chat thread 15

Ok, thats fine i'll do that

Re: New chat thread 15

Just to let folks know. I made a comment on one of Andeebee's YouTubes links (Silver Star) and to my surprise he got back to me almost straight away. We kind of got to chatting again by phone Text this evening and it went well. Most of you will have worked out that myself and Andee have really fallen out this past year or so over certain things. I made it known to him that i didn't like his `one upman` style of forum posting that he seemed to have perfected. Hes assured me thats a thing of the past and im happy to have him back on OFTDs again. Ive always respected him as a fan of this stuff and his work on the two channels has to be commended, its just his internet manner i had a problem with.

It could be that life is just to short for internet grudges !

Re: New chat thread 15

Legsfan
I was a bit upset about events in the past, but I have left that in the past. It will be great to have him back with us and he has been amazing with all the dancer uploads on the channels. Ryan, you have a really positive outlook and that was a nice post letting us know about the situation

Re: New chat thread 15

Theres a lot of OFTDs politics that newer fans these past two years dont realise, thats not to mention the earlier stuff from 7 years ago on the discussion forum thats best glossed over. Honestly i could write a book on it all. I think its just best we let bygones be bygones and all that jazz and try to move forward.