New chat thread 16

Time for a new fresh chat thread.

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Just testing the water here, would there by any interest in another '30 days of summer' type quiz?, i was going to call it 'same pics, different order'

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
Water is 80 degrees, crystal clear and inviting from here

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey wrote
Just testing the water here, would there by any interest in another '30 days of summer' type quiz?, i was going to call it 'same pics, different order'
I'm happy to dip a toe Mikey

Re: New chat thread 16

Thirty days of Summer... such an optimist!

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Always an optimist me.

Sorry for the late reply, i was a bit unwell for a few days, but if were ok with it, i will start on 1st June. Thinking about a different theme for each week, and not limited to just 3 months like last year.

Re: New chat thread 16

Old Grey Whistler
Another stunning, forum header. It is times like this when I am so glad that I am not blind!

Re: New chat thread 16

Willoway
Hope this isn't a bad time to raise this coincidentally from our favourite newspaper, but this little snippet is new to me:
From a Frances Ruffelle interview:
Also at 15 Ruffelle auditioned for the dance troupe Legs & Co on Top of the Pops "and got to the last 12" before choreographer Flick Colby found out she was too young. The next year, though, Colby hired her as a "cheerleader", whipping up the crowds on the show. "It was great: £50 a day to watch the bands rehearse, work with the crowd in the evening, then party with the pop stars," she says.

She was born in August 1965, so this would place this recollection at the time Pauline was being replaced, so sounds right. She apparently cheerleaded on 10/2/83. Doubt it was Flick who hired her though.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: New chat thread 16

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Another stunning, forum header. It is times like this when I am so glad that I am not blind!
Twelve Legs & Co dancers!  Perhaps this was the occasion when a certain person danced with the troupe.
WTH

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
12!

Re: New chat thread 16

Who's That Hurll
Yes, 12 dancers.

WTH

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
Another Header triumph Boss

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
+1 = 1

Re: New chat thread 16

Just on today's header, i was quite pleased to capture the seven members of Ruby Flipper in the 3 routines, though i couldn't resist adding the unlikely 8th member, DLT.

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
It is a lovely header.  Remember that day very well.  Sunny and warm outside and three helpings of Ruby Flipper.  This is when I liked them from hereon in.  Was not really taken with week one.  Still in mourning.

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Look at those lovely puddy cats
Excellent header Ryan!

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan wrote
Look at those lovely puddy cats
Excellent header Ryan!
Cheers. Its another of those difficult routines to get a really good screengrab.

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
New Year in May? Well the 29/12/83 edition of Top of the Pops has been confirmed on BBC Four on 26/05/17 with a run time of 50 minutes approx. This is the first festive/new year show since 1979! How will they edit it down into thirty minutes?
Well we'll see some of the years best hits, yewtree free and Adrian John makes his BBC Four TOTP debut.
I look forward to this rare showing.

Re: New chat thread 16

Old Grey Whistler
Thanks for today's  forum header, Ryan. I find it hard to get people interested in the Miscellaneous Comments section so your assistance is much appreciated!

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
Who's rated what table for 1976 40th anniversaries has been updated. Not much of a change!