New chat thread 16

1 ... 48495051525354 ... 64

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
That sure is a lovely photo. I’ll add it to my screensaver

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Just found this online. Sues dog is called Ruby

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/pan-s-people-star-sings-the-praises-of-yorkshire-vets-that-saved-her-pup-from-the-brink-of-death-1-9197457

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Such a nice photo of Mike, Sue and Ruby. Sue looks lovely, still as beautiful as her dancing days.
Thanks for the post Mikey. Glad to read that Ruby was okay after the surgery.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
This post was updated on .
Thank you Legsfan ..... Ruby is nearly back to full fitness now which is incredible considering what she has been through.
It’s about 7 weeks now since the surgery, and it has to be gentle rehabilitation till scar tissue forms and heals where the disc has been removed.
So it’s no jumping up onto beds , although she was allowed back on the sofa last week ........ ( She ain’t budging now ! 😈 )  but worst of all, the favourite ‘toy box’ has disappeared ....... some toys in time can be reintroduced, some never again ( frisbee jumping , or any kind of crazy leaping jumping in fact !). So it’s fair to say that I am now in the dog house as it were !  Have always said, the words ‘calm’ and Boxer dogs, never go in the same sentence ..... they are like crazy Benningdon school girls. 🤗
 Crazy extroverts that never stop ......( the boys are even more crazy !  😂🤪. ).  But Boxer dogs have always been my favourite breed, they are such fun to have in your life.
Thanks for your kind wishes, and also to Mikey for flagging it up .    Paragon Hospital stepped in to help Ruby when no one else could and for that I will always be grateful to them . So I am pleased to have been able to give this new hospital a very worthy mention.  🤗🐾🐶🐾

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze
Aw, this is so heart-warming to read about Sue. So pleased that Ruby made it and is well along the road to recovery. It's horrible to see a pet suffer.

Sounds as if never were a vets surgery more appropriately named! Great that you've taken the opportunity to bring them deserved publicity.

Re: New chat thread 16

Thanks for the update Sue. Glad to hear that Ruby is nearly back to full fitness.
Ruby sounds like such a lovely dog. I'm so happy it was a positive outcome and I wish you and Ruby all the best in the recovery.
It was lovely to read that she is so much better now. Thanks again Sue.

Re: New chat thread 16

From the brink of disaster to the sofa of recovery, it's good to learn that Ruby's tale of woe concluded with a successful resolution, Sue.
Just don't throw any handbags for her to retrieve any time soon.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
Certainly positive recovery going on  AC/PD ! 😉     Definitely no ‘handbag flinging ‘ ...... besides the costume, hat, wig and handbag are still on standby awaiting a certain persons challenge ? 😈🤗

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey wrote
Somebody must have been watching Green River that week, the resemblance is uncanny.

Maybe Flick got the idea from this unknown late 60s model ? Certainly a popular look back then.

Re: New chat thread 16

It so nice to here that your Ruby is get well Sue. Have you always been into animal Sue ?

Re: New chat thread 16

That's great news about Ruby, although a terrible ordeal for you all and a big old op for her.

I feared the worst reading the start of the article when it mentioned pancreatitis. We lost our beautiful cat really rather suddenly back in 2012 to pancreatitis. He spent a week in hospital and appeared cured, came home but fell ill again the next day and had to go straight back in. His lungs filled with fluid and we lost him shortly after. It's a hard illness to spot early in animals.

Hehe, good luck trying to keep a boxer from prancing about all over the place when she feels all better and wants to play like she used to. She'll keep you on your toes!
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
It’s such a relief that Ruby is slowly but surely recovering and thanks Sueforever and CoffeeThing for your kind words. She is definitely picking up and looking less shaved and shorn from lumbar punctures , ultra sounds, MRI scans and surgery. The only thing that will take time to disappear ( maybe) is the huge Frankenstinian scar down the front of her chest. Apparently they had to operate fron entering her chest and throat to remove the disc and floating debris, as it was too dangerous to operate fron her back .But she is still beautiful to me.

I love all animals Sueforever, and often prefer them to people !! 🤗
I originally had my 2 beautiful cats, Tiger Feet and Loonie .....( the latter earned her name because she thought she was a dog ! She  was an absolute fruit loop.) Cats have always been on the top of my list as they really are the most beautiful creatures ( and they know it !😈)
Loonie lived till she was 22 yrs and Tiger Feet lived for 24 yrs. The funniest pair to watch together.
But I do also love dogs .... especially the beautiful Boxer , which have always been in the family on my husbands side. To me,they are the clowns of the dog world, crazy, but full of unconditional love and loyalty for you , and I love them to bits.
We did have 2 Boxers, but sadly Josie passed away very suddenly2 days before Xmas 3 years ago, and now we just have Ruby. Both our girls were named after Steely Dan songs ( one of our many favourite bands ) although the Stones ‘Ruby Tuesday’ and the Kaiser Chiefs ‘Ruby’ songs were also a consideration 🤗
Pancreatitis is really tough as anybreed of dog can get it, we were very fortunate that Josie was able to manage really well with medication and the’flare ups’ became less frequent.

Anyway, thanks for your wishes ..... how odd to be talking about Boxer dogs on a TOTPs and dancers website !

Have a great weekend one and all .....🤪

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
Sue Menhenick wrote
I love all animals Sueforever, and often prefer them to people !! 🤗

Cats have always been on the top of my list as they really are the most beautiful creatures ( and they know it !😈)
Great news that Ruby is on the road to recovery, Sue.

I have two rescue cats myself who keep me constantly amused when they're awake! And over the years I've found the most reliable acid test to judge a person's character is their attitude to animals.

Mind, doesn't always work, as both Hitler and Stalin were renowned animal lovers!

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiforPM
I'm late here but really loved the Boxer recovery story Sue. How funny that you find you have so much in common with people.  ER we have 3 rescue cats too and Sue my parents always had Boxers too, such loyal and energetic animals who steal your heart;  only time I saw my Dad cry was when they lost their first Boxer to "the bloat".  Also my wife has said many times she prefers animals to people (could be a bit of a reflection on me I suppose!)  I raise my glass to the animal lovers section of OFTDs (where's Bucksby when you need him?)

Re: New chat thread 16

Hanway2
Some very heartwarming messages about animals on here. Very pleasing to know you are all such good people.
And it is very good to to know that Ruby is on the road to recovery. Thank you very much for keeping us informed, Sue.

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos
I'd like to add my relief about Ruby's recovery here. A really touching story. Sadly we lost our beloved doggy "Lucky" last year after he had been a family member for about 13 years. Now li'l "Linus" has joined us and we all love him to bits! So I'd be more than happy to enter OFTD's pet lover section, possible name OFTP (One for the Pets)?

Linus is what is inoffically called a Jack Chi, a crossbreed of Jack Russell and Chihuahua.

P.S. I wonder what Steely Dan song was the inspiration for the name "Ruby"? Possibly Donald Fagen's "Ruby Baby"?
Play that funky music white boy!

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick wrote
Wow, those are seriously impressive ages for cats Sue, especially two at the same time having such longevity! Our cats went at thirteen and a half and fourteen and a half, both fairly suddenly. Our lovely boy now is nearly four but has bowel and  seizure health issues, so I fear for his longterm health.

Oh Vin, he is beautiful, is he fully grown?
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
It is indeed Donald Fagens  ‘Ruby, Ruby ....’ 😉.  Totally agree with them being part of your family, they give so much back .
Linus looks a very alert chap 🤗

Re: New chat thread 16

CoffeeThing wrote
Oh Vin, he is beautiful, is he fully grown?
Yes CT, he is. He is very small and very cute! But a very alert watchdog nonetheless!