New chat thread 16

1 ... 49505152535455 ... 63

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
It’s amazing the survival instinct of cats CoffeeThing sometimes ..... so your boy may surprise you by staying for a while longer .🙂
I was certainly amazed at how long I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of ‘serving’ my 2 !  Definite senior Dowager Duchesses !

Re: New chat thread 16

Linus is such a cute dog, Vin. Thanks for sharing a photo

Re: New chat thread 16

It was so kind of you Sue to answer my Question.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick wrote
It’s amazing the survival instinct of cats CoffeeThing sometimes ..... so your boy may surprise you by staying for a while longer .🙂
I was certainly amazed at how long I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of ‘serving’ my 2 !  Definite senior Dowager Duchesses !
I hope so, bless him, he is such a sweet little thing.  Haha, yes, 'serving' them is certainly nail on the head. I now have visions of them as the Dowager in Downton. Whatever you fed them, I reckon we could all do with some!
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos wrote
CoffeeThing wrote
Oh Vin, he is beautiful, is he fully grown?
Yes CT, he is. He is very small and very cute! But a very alert watchdog nonetheless!
He has such expressive eyes, beautiful dog. Alfie says I can post his photo in exchange for rubbing his ears, so here goes. We have much better ones of him but these were to hand on a phone.

This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Just a random observation, those skirts were later used for Blue Peter

Re: New chat thread 16

I see they are no episodes of ToTps on next week.

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze
sueforever wrote
I see they are no episodes of ToTps on next week.
And on checking to find out why I find that there's nothing allowed on BBC Four all next week that doesn't exclusively involve women.

Re: New chat thread 16

sueforever
I didn't know that GD.

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze wrote
And on checking to find out why I find that there's nothing allowed on BBC Four all next week that doesn't exclusively involve women.
Thanks for the tip-off GD, i will avoid BBC4 like the plaque then next week. Im just about sick of all this feminist/suffragette tripe being served up to us.

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze wrote
And on checking to find out why I find that there's nothing allowed on BBC Four all next week that doesn't exclusively involve women.
The perfect week to feature "Pan's People at the BBC" and "Legs & Co. at the BBC" then. If they had the guts.

Re: New chat thread 16

Old Grey Whistler
It is to celebrate 100 years since women were given the vote though ironically it clashes with the start of the men's World Cup, so most people will be watching the other side anyway!

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos wrote
Gorgeous Daze wrote
And on checking to find out why I find that there's nothing allowed on BBC Four all next week that doesn't exclusively involve women.
The perfect week to feature "Pan's People at the BBC" and "Legs & Co. at the BBC" then. If they had the guts.

VinforBBCController

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos wrote
Gorgeous Daze wrote
And on checking to find out why I find that there's nothing allowed on BBC Four all next week that doesn't exclusively involve women.
The perfect week to feature "Pan's People at the BBC" and "Legs & Co. at the BBC" then. If they had the guts.

Zero chance until you do indeed become BBC Controller Vin. They were enslaved by and for men, such programmes would be about the last thing they'd show.

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
I hope they show that episode of The Avengers where Emma Peel infiltrates a group of radical feminists and kicks the proverbial out of them

Re: New chat thread 16

CoffeeThing
Everything'sRosie wrote
Speaking of which, I thought Diana Rigg and her alluring daughter Rachael Sterling were both magnificent in The Detectorists. The closest either came to violence though was emotional cruelty to poor MacKenzie Crook!
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: New chat thread 16

SuPaLu
BBC 2 had a programme on Saturday called 'A Girls Guide To TV' by satirist/comedienne Rachel Pariss which portrayed Pan's Legs in way we've sadly become accustomed to in recent years.

Re: New chat thread 16

CoffeeThing
SuPaLu wrote
BBC 2 had a programme on Saturday called 'A Girls Guide To TV' by satirist/comedienne Rachel Pariss which portrayed Pan's Legs in way we've sadly become accustomed to in recent years.
If they keep at it long enough they'll end up a caracature of some other satirist presenting the same old same old.

This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
The current trend is to point out how much better and enlightened this decade is when compared to all of the others. So no doubt in 20 years or so someone will point out that it wasn't.

Re: New chat thread 16

SuPaLu wrote
BBC 2 had a programme on Saturday called 'A Girls Guide To TV' by satirist/comedienne Rachel Pariss which portrayed Pan's Legs in way we've sadly become accustomed to in recent years.
Indeed, this ridiculous and ever-continuing denigration from sneery modern feminists is starting to wear very thin. I've often pointed out to such people that the TOTPs dance troupes were managed and choreographed by women, on their own terms. And you'd have to be a sad and embittered individual not to get the very obvious joie de vivre demonstrated by the girls when dancing. That is the real reason why I love them (I guess many people would echo that sentiment), beautiful girls though they are.
Queens of My Soul
1 ... 49505152535455 ... 63