New chat thread 16

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
Lovely header there Ryan.  Really brings back lovely memories.  It was a scorching day when they danced to this.  I just wish that Paul would release the radio version for commercial.  Impossible to get hold of a copy.  One fantastic dance.

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
On another topic there is a guy on Twitter who was a huge Look in magazine  fan and has quite a few from the seventies.  As this was a guys mag I get the distinct feeling that the Pans People picture I saw maybe in there where the troupe are waving goodbye to Babs with their black drifters outfits on.  He is coming back to me so hopefully will have something.

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Upon recently checking the Legs & Co Wikipedia page, someone called Wantley who I'm sure hangs around here has done an amazing job with the page. Before the PB stuff the page had the core information regarding the dance truope, but someone called Legsandcotruth attempted to clear up the PB stuff and since then Wantley has made the page very good by including numbers on the surviving appearances, additional Legs appearances, info on PB and a chart which shows each dancer's tenure within the troupes on Top of the Pops.
Check it out for yourself HERE

Thank you Wantley

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
Lovely banner/header Ryan.  Brings back lots of memories.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
My DOTD weathervane forecaster is pointing directly at the S

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
I've been putting in a bit of planning (no really!) for the 30 days of Summer ID quiz . Instead of restricting it to 3 months, this time it will be based on a different outfit theme each week, currently in the running Crazy Costumes, International, Nightwear and finally Glamour. This will be the standard obscured/messed with image, i've got some different software this time to be more devious

In addition there will be a bonus available on some days for any screen cappers (of which i know this is always popular), where i will post a clue to a specific scene or routine and whoever posts the cap the quickest gets a bonus point.

Kick off 1st June!

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey wrote
Kick off 1st June!
Good stuff Mikey. Im all in favour of items that keep the forum active. Thanks for arranging this.  .

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
Yes, well done Mikey. Looking forward to it

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
No probs guys, good thing there's a long weekend coming up.

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
It appears that the TOTP from 09/10/75 has been found! The Pan's routine from this already exists as part of The Vicar's stash.
Hopefully more to come.

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
Ah, now that explains why when brushing my teeth early this morning I could hear New York City by T-Rex being played on breakfast television in the next room. Excellent news. I'll be at the Kal event on Saturday so I'm sure this will get widely discussed.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
Congrats to the Gunners.  Never thought I'd be cheering them on but they thoroughly deserved the win and that diving sending off was such sweet justice

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Speaking of the Gunners, my train driver has just indicated that I will be stopping at Wembley Stadium in two minutes. I wonder if this empty comfortable train is about to become packed

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
Rather likely!

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
I've just read that the last two wiped TOTPs, the ones with Oxygene and Nights On Broadway, were on one of the tapes binned by 'Mrs Ken'. So sadly we'll get no complete versions of these shows.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
That's a shame Doc, it's not often that I envy the dustman!  BTW I'm expecting a change in BB's avatar as soon as he sees the fine pics PansLegs posted....

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
The comment from Kal at the weekend was that they have most of the missing episodes, still waiting for an accurate list.

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
I see the Legs and Co Wiki page has been updated again!

If whoever did the other dancers table reads this, you've missed out Martin who danced with Patti on 19/10/78 to Sandy.

Re: New chat thread 16

AC/PD
Doc wrote
I see the Legs and Co Wiki page has been updated again!

If whoever did the other dancers table reads this, you've missed out Martin who danced with Patti on 19/10/78 to Sandy.
Thanks to any old Joe being allowed to make amendments, details of Martin's duet with Patti are now included.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM wrote
Congrats to the Gunners.  Never thought I'd be cheering them on but they thoroughly deserved the win and that diving sending off was such sweet justice
I never thought they'd win!
Unexpected joy and absolute delight at a real 'against the odds' Cup Final victory.

123456 ... 22