New chat thread 16

Re: New chat thread 16

Old Grey Whistler
AC/PD wrote
Happy New Year to all bar Mike Dean.
At least he's not as bad as that idiot, Martin Atkinson!
Mind you, the way Stoke are playing, we won't have to suffer him much longer!

Re: New chat thread 16

The Rubberband Man
I don't think we have a section for Legs & Co appearances in programmes not related to TOTPs, so I'll mention here....
I was watching The Clash: New Years Day 77 last night and out of the blue, Lulu appears, doing the December '63 - Oh What a Night routine to Janie Jones

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04w08p6/the-clash-new-years-day-77  58:18

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze
The same template of flicking between punk insurgency and mainstream culture was used for 'Never Mind The Baubles - Christmas 77 with the Sex Pistols' and Legs & Co feature there too. Sir Duke at 2:54 and later Fanfare For The Common Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXpSrT7jVb0

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
If you missed it first time round, Glam Rock at the BBC is on Friday at 11.30 on BBC Four.

Re: New chat thread 16

The Rubberband Man wrote
I don't think we have a section for Legs & Co appearances in programmes not related to TOTPs, so I'll mention here....
I was watching The Clash: New Years Day 77 last night and out of the blue, Lulu appears, doing the December '63 - Oh What a Night routine to Janie Jones

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04w08p6/the-clash-new-years-day-77  58:18
Flipping through the channels the other day I stumbled on P4PM's favourite Tina Charles singing 'Stoney End' on The Two Ronnie's Show in 1971. She must have been barely 17 then.
(She wouldn't have stretched Patti's jumper quite so much then).

Re: New chat thread 16

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
Flipping through the channels the other day I stumbled on P4PM's favourite Tina Charles singing 'Stoney End' on The Two Ronnie's Show in 1971. She must have been barely 17 then.
(She wouldn't have stretched Patti's jumper quite so much then).
Just in case anyone can't remember Tina Charles stretching Patti's jumper :-

The Tina Charles Appreciation Thread

VintageVideos
Someone had to defend the honour of the lady and post this screengrab in the correct aspect ratio, not stretched to 16:9...

Re: The Tina Charles Appreciation Thread

The Rubberband Man
Just in case anybody thinks that I may have taken a screen grab of Tina Charles and manipulated the picture to a wide screen aspect ratio for comedy effect, I didn't. That was how it was when I took the screen grab.

Re: The Tina Charles Appreciation Thread

VintageVideos
Just listen five times to "Dance Little Lady Dance" and all is forgiven

Re: The Tina Charles Appreciation Thread

PattiforPM
Didn't work for me Vin.  Here's the antidote

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
I noticed the domain panspeople.com is now up for sale although you need fairly deep pockets to buy it.

Whos up for a whip round

https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=panspeople&e=com

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos
It's a real shame what happened there. I say no more.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiforPM
I agree

Re: New chat thread 16

Yeah, pass me the Kleenex.

Re: New chat thread 16

JEZ
Apparently pans dancing to please me postman has survived on someone's video tape ,I'll wait for a reply off the person.

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos
Excellent news, Jez.

Re: New chat thread 16

Good luck with that one Jez

Re: New chat thread 16

JEZ
It's someone on missing episodes who has got a tape with 3 missing pp on the tape ,I've messaged and I'll get back to you if I get a reply

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiforPM
Great news Jez - here's hoping

Re: New chat thread 16

JEZ
It looks like the same tape as never can say goodbye ,so it looks like three brilliant routines have not been lost forever ,which we all probably thought would be ,I think there might possibly be a couple now missing from 1975 ,as didn't someone on here once say that fame had survived