New chat thread 16

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
There's another 20 minutes on the tape that's not been looked at yet, so there might be more. Not convinced about Fame!

Re: New chat thread 16

JEZ wrote
didn't someone on here once say that fame had survived
Dancer said he had a copy of "Fame", albeit in poor quality.

Re: New chat thread 16

JEZ
Yes I thought I'd read somewhere that fame has survived vin ,I don't think it matters the quality ,more the fact that it's survived ,I wonder how dancer managed to get hold of that missing dance

Re: New chat thread 16

JEZ
With any luck doc baby face ,take it to the limit or let the music play may turn up in the other 20 mins of the tape.

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
I'm convinced i've seen a full pic of "Fame", i think that guy Andy who left a while go had it as an avatar for about 5 minutes. If I recall correctly it had wavy lines painted on the stage. It was the same as the pic we do have but zoomed out more.

Changing subject a bit Getty have now listed the 28-10-74 Daily Mirror photoshoot and Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976, posted last year, and these are better (and larger) and have a less intrusive watermark, so i've replaced the ones that were there before.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-post-June-1974-tp4062103p4131392.html

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Gill’s Minder is on ITV4 tomorrow afternoon at 3pm.

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
Legsfan wrote
Gill’s Minder is on ITV4 tomorrow afternoon at 3pm.
Great, I'll make a point of watching. Arthur Daley and Legs and Co. Two of TV's greatest creations sharing the screen, albeit briefly

Re: New chat thread 16

The Rubberband Man
Ticket registration for the next Kaleidoscope event in Birmingham is open :-

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/not-seen-on-tv-tickets-42311653294

The theme is tv programmes that were made but never broadcast.

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze
Booked. Thanks RBM.

The most intriguing item for me is saved till last. Another paranormal HTV production featuring alumni of the kidult classic Children Of The Stones.

Re: New chat thread 16

Not an episode I'd seen before so thanks for the heads up LF.

Having to put up with the ambulance chasing solicitor advert breaks was something of a trial but Gill was worth it... although for that flanning I think she deserved a rather longer guest appearance.

Re: New chat thread 16

Thanks for the nod, RBM. Like GD, the Bob Baker/Dave Martin supernatural drama "Succubus" from 1987 has wetted my appetite. Hadn't heard of it before, but the writers have a good reputation and the cast looks reliable; Barry Foster, Pamela Salem, Lynsey Baxter. With such pedigree, I wonder why it was never shown?

When I saw the theme of the day, I immediately thought we might get to see an episode of notorious 80s school-based sitcom Hardwicke House, but alas no. This show was so distasteful that after the first episode was broadcast the bigwigs pulled it and ordered the tapes to be wiped. Luckily they weren't. But it seems destined to gather dust on a shelf somewhere for all eternity.

This should be a good day, looking forward to it.

Re: New chat thread 16

Thanks for the heads-up RBM. Some of the line-up is of interest to me, but i get the feeling i may well be in the cafe or pub a bit more for this trip.

Re: New chat thread 16

The Rubberband Man
The event is a bit different from the usual as none of us have any memories of these shows as they were never shown. Much of the content is of a good quality though with some big names on the cast lists and they will be well worth seeing.
There are some other older programmes listed that go over my head however, so a longer visit to The Woodman may be needed to bridge those shows.

Re: New chat thread 16

AC/PD
An interesting theme and schedule to be delivered by Kal in March.
The unfinished Armchair Theatre Mystery looks intriguing, headed as it is by a trio of actors known more for their comedy careers.
A shame but understandable that the Whose Baby? edition with the soon to be late Eric Morecambe wasn't shown at a later date.
Thanks for the link, TRM.

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
Just spotted Pan’s People on The Two Ronnie’s on Yesterday. It’ll be on Yesterday+1 at 2200.