New chat thread 16

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
AC/PD wrote
Doc wrote
I see the Legs and Co Wiki page has been updated again!

If whoever did the other dancers table reads this, you've missed out Martin who danced with Patti on 19/10/78 to Sandy.
Thanks to any old Joe being allowed to make amendments, details of Martin's duet with Patti are now included.
I would have done it myself, but I've got enough to do here.

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
If you're feeling enthusiastic there is a reference to Dee Dee Wild and Babs Wilde! as being two of the original memebers on the Pan's People Wiki.

Re: New chat thread 16

AC/PD wrote
Thanks to any old Joe being allowed to make amendments, details of Martin's duet with Patti are now included.
Don't sell yourself short AC/PD/AOJ

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Every BBC TOTP Story of has ended with a song which was a hit the following year.
At the end of The Story of 1984, Dead or Alive's You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) will be played which reached number one in 1985.
This could indicate that Top of the Pops 1985 will happen from January 2018.

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
Lovely banner/header there Ryan.  The girls look lovely.  Never seen this routine before.

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
You've never seen Ain't No Stopping Us Now

A fantastic routine to a bona fide dancefloor classic. Educate yourself, young man!

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
I know.  Cannot understand why this is not in my collection.  The outfits look lovely.  I need to delve in them again and make sure but I would have remembered.  They all looked so lovely.

Re: New chat thread 16

CoffeeThing
Great header Ryan. I loved ODIYL.

Re: New chat thread 16

CoffeeThing wrote
Great header Ryan. I loved ODIYL.
Yeah cheers. Even though Lulu only took part in the last 38 seconds of the routine, she is still quite captivating.

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
Wonderful header Ryan! I must watch that routine again and again...

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
I feel a lovely Summer Breeze blowing in from PansLegs

Re: New chat thread 16

Dancer
Was talking to my school friend this week and we were talking Pans People and we discussed the lost routines.  She remembered the Jimmy Ruffin track What Becomes of the Broken Hearted.  It brought back memories.  We could not recollect the outfits but they individually and together walked to the camera with glum broken hearted faces as the chorus was played.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiForPM
I see Mikey is also employing less than subliminal tactics on OGW now.  Thanks from the underfunded Dance section of MI6

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Someone (a John Denver fan i guess) has even done a compilation of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fBsw3JfNQ0

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Interesting pic posted by Willoway, (Pans as St Trinians?), always nice to see more evidence from these long lost shows.

Re: New chat thread 16

Willoway
This post was updated on .
Indeed Mikey, the Frankie Howerd show (and for that matter, Ruth's little side project, Decidedly Dusty) are lost forever, but at least Frankie Howerd's show had a diligent photographer and a pretty decent archivist, so we have some nice pictures left, though I think this is the first I've seen with them backing an artist.

Some on this site will have seen Dilys Watling (also on the FH shot) before, she accompanies Billy Boyle in the Hollywood Melody on 1980's Basil Brush show, though ADB wasn't a fan. And as of last week her brother (who played the vicar in Bread) is MP for Clacton.

Of the top of my head I can't think of any other artists who were backed by both L&C and PP, though sure there are gadzillions.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
I take it you have already looked for anything on Decidedly Dusty, and could'nt find anything.

Re: New chat thread 16

Willoway
yes I've had a very good look, but found precisely nothing. Here's the kaleidoscope listing for the show
https://www.tvbrain.info/tv-archive?showname=Decidedly+dusty&type=lostshow
Which gives a few names so I may have another look at some point for any photos from the show.
 Shame there are no pics, would be interesting to see if there are any familiar dancers.

...is she really going out with him?

Re: New chat thread 16

Okay you classic Pans People fans. You really wanna impress the TOTPs dancing fraternity, answer this then.

Name me an occasion or date when only Flick can be seen wearing glasses/specs on TOTPs when the rest of Pans People do not.

Im sure this will be well known to Pans fans, but i will be clicking on to OFTDs on Sunday in anticipation of whether this will  be answered or not. Im not a betting man, but i reckon one of our guys will know the answer.

By the way, i do miss quiz questions. The continuous quiz (my successful idea from the olden days, 2011) really needs resurrecting for the newer guys. May have to think about starting that again.

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos
There was more than one occasion. Both the intro for TOTP 29-01-1970 and 05-02-1970 feature Flick (and only Flick) with glasses.
1234567 ... 18