New chat thread 16

1 ... 46474849505152 ... 64

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
Oh no, I hadn't noticed that, not nice!
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: New chat thread 16

Thank goodness Sue you kept your eyes looking straight at the camera. And nice to see you back.

Re: New chat thread 16

No Sue, they were for girls. Most definitely...as this proves.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
   Hahaha Everything’sRosie !  There were quite a few rock stars who liked the lycra look !  Who can forget Freddy Mercury strutting his stuff in a pair of white Lycra tights  singing ‘We are the Champions ?’     ( Don’t think spantax was quite on the market by then ,😂😂)

Re: New chat thread 16

Doc
Sue Menhenick wrote
Who can forget Freddy Mercury strutting his stuff in a pair of white Lycra tights  singing ‘We are the Champions ?’
No, I think that appearance is indelibly etched in my mind. Freddie had the flamboyance to get away with it.
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: New chat thread 16

AC/PD
(Getting visions of Rod Stewart prancing about in 'second skin' lower halves)

Re: New chat thread 16

For the Man in your life Sue:

Re: New chat thread 16

Re-todays header. What a unique thing the 2nd `My Resistance Is Low ` is.  By no means should it qualify for a Ruby Flipper listing yet its got Patti's face all over it.

A case of should it or shouldn't it if ever i saw one. What do folk think ?

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick

                                😳😳😳😳

  Are you trying to tell us that you own and wear these Patti4PM when you are not administering to your patients in surgery hours ?

  And does your good lady know that you wear these ? 😨🤨

  Thanks, but no thanks 😂😂

 However ....perhaps if you wore the outfit and make up sported like the band Kiss .... you might find half your patients will feel suitably   recovered  to NOT have follow up appointments with you !      🤗😂

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiforPM
Haha Sue you're such a good sport to pay attention to my idle musings but I must say that I personally stay well away from shape-hugging garments for public service and basic decency reasons and my wife has a good sense of humour but not that good!  Most of my patients are solid Ontario Farmers and their relatives (as well as a considerable number of Mennonites and Amish people) and they would be rightly and utterly horrified to see their Doc in Meggings

Ryan, as for MRIL, I love the Patti visage as much as anyone but I do not believe this appearance is in any way to be considered a Ruby Flipper performance; just a beautiful cameo perhaps

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze
PattiforPM wrote
Most of my patients are solid Ontario Farmers and their relatives (as well as a considerable number of Mennonites and Amish people)
Sounds like many of your patients would appreciate the seventies P4PM. The 1870s.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiforPM
Ha you're not far off the mark there GD, some of the farms around here have no electricity and only horse-drawn ploughs but others are major modern operations.  Not many fans of punk and glam rock around these parts though!

Re: New chat thread 16

Re- Today's Flipper header. (TVC15) I never tire of the complete look of bewilderment on Hank Mizell's face when Savile bangs on to him about knocking off the sales of Blackpool, Scarborough & Bournemouth's rock sales. He has no idea what the madman is on about !

Beside from that, the routine in question must be the most bizarre Flick ever conceived. Floid done up like a jockey, Phil like a 1950s gangster and Gav like a member of The Wurzels. Thank goodness FC didn't completely lose her marbles that day and at least gave us eager male viewers tantalizing shots of Sue looking mighty fine, albeit via a TV screen.

It must without doubt be the most weird routine ever. Have your say on it in the Ruby Flipper comments section.

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
Somebody must have been watching Green River that week, the resemblance is uncanny.

Re: New chat thread 16

Yes good spot Mikey. Both sets of costumes are very similar and of course very sexy.

Re: New chat thread 16

Hanway2
  When I first joined this site, earlier this year, it was my full intention to rate all the dances and nominate my DOTDs, as in the Have Your Say section. Not just for my favourite Pan's, but RF and Legs as well. Unfortunately, I have not yet got round to doing this for various reasons. The most obvious one being I am too lazy, and I much prefer watching the routines over and over again than spend any time thinking about what I like and why, and whom I like and why. ( I still feel unable to be completely subjective and would still reward Ruth with best dancer- even in some of the routines where she is hardly noticed. And it does seem that at times the cameramen seem to ignore Ruth completely, particularly in the earlier dances.  And my admiration for Ruth has not abated one little bit- Nobody Moves Quite Like Ruth!! ).
   So, I would like to express the hope that you might all be able to wait a while longer and I will get round to posting my opinions on dances, dancers, costumes and songs as soon as I feel comfortable in doing so.

Re: New chat thread 16

VintageVideos
Hanway2 wrote
I still feel unable...
I think as a fan you cannot achieve something like 'objectiveness', and if you ask me, you don't even have to try. Au contraire, subjectiveness is what gets this forum running.

Hanway2 wrote
I would still reward Ruth with best dancer- even in some of the routines where she is hardly noticed
Can't see what's wrong with that. You're certainly not in need of treatment. If I had to rate all the dances all over again, there is just one thing I'd do differently: I'd vote for Ruth more often than I did!

Re: New chat thread 16

Just catching up a bit with the thread and enjoying the photo. I too hadn't noticed the 'trousers' until you chaps so kindly pointed them out. Good grief, fancy having that near to your ear!

I saw a group of young Mennonites at Toronto Zoo during a visit many years ago. Was quite a contrast to the regular t-shirt and trainer clad brigade. Very polite people too.

Re: New chat thread 16

Mikey
It would be nice to (one day) see the other part of this Jim'll Fix It.

Re: New chat thread 16

Looking on the BBC sport webpage earlier and thought to myself who do this guy remind me of ? After a while of thinking it came to me. The bloke from the Rah Band `The Crunch` from 1977. I do miss TOTPs from this period of time.

RYAN
1 ... 46474849505152 ... 64