New chat thread 17

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
The Rubberband Man wrote
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-post-June-1974-tp4062103p4154858.html

I guess J Clark from Clapham, London SE is not a member of this forum. I hope he/she spent their £3 wisely after that dreadful rant – perhaps spend it on getting out more
They missed off the P.S. from that letter, which roughly went..."anymore of this and I'll put my foot through the screen, and send you the bill!"

Re: New chat thread 17

The Rubberband Man wrote
I guess J Clark from Clapham, London SE is not a member of this forum.
Well coincidentally a few of us on here do know a J Clark whos a dancing fan and member of this site. Obviously i wouldn't reveal the user-name, but i think its a safe bet to assume this person isn't the terpsichorean hating moaner from 1976.

I wonder if the crotchety letter writer was a man or woman. Sometimes back then women would often sign their letters thus, J.Clark (Mrs) or J.Clark (Miss). As this person hasn't done so im assuming then its a fella. I notice he says hes going to watch the other side from now on. I can only imagine he kicked his television set in once Hot Gossip ascended to infest his light channel viewing a couple of years later ! Maybe he switched to BBC2.

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
  Ryan, I have an idea for your next thread feature. Dancing Queen related agony problems.
   Dear Agony Uncle Ryan,
 At night I have a recurrent fear that Dee Dee is trying to seduce me. Is it a sweet dream or a nightmare? Have I been watching too many Pan’s People videos? What should I do, should I succumb or refuse? Please Help!
  Worried of London.

Re: New chat thread 17

VintageVideos
Get out of my dream!

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2 wrote
Ryan, I have an idea for your next thread feature. Dancing Queen related agony problems.
   Dear Agony Uncle Ryan,
 At night I have a recurrent fear that Dee Dee is trying to seduce me. Is it a sweet dream or a nightmare? Have I been watching too many Pan’s People videos? What should I do, should I succumb or refuse? Please Help!
  Worried of London.
Aah the old sweet dreams problem. Yes i went through that stage as well. My most vivid dream was that Legs & Co were opening a supermarket near me and i got a feel of panic due to the fact Sue couldn't be seen as the other five wrestled with the giant pair of scissors as they cut the ribbon. The feeling of despair soon turned to happiness as i looked around and there she was whispering to me "its alright, im here".

All i can advise is enjoy the dreams for now Hanway. They wont last .

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
  But it’s Dee Dee- and she’s after me!!
I was trying to save myself for Ruth.

Re: New chat thread 17

Who's That Hurll
I know there are a lot of fans of 70s TV on here and I thought you might be interested in one of the items being sold at a ludicrous price. I don't remember 'End Of Part One', but looking at some of the clips on YT, there seems to be a lot of spoofs of the TV shows of the time. I even spotted a false DLT! You get both series - that's twelve episodes for £2.00 including postage. Surely one of the bargains of the year! The sale ends tomorrow at 1pm.
https://networkonair.com/bonkers/1637-end-of-part-one-the-complete-series

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
I sort of remember it, I think Hugh Laurie (and possibly others of his Oxbridge ilk) were involved. £2 is very cheap.

Re: New chat thread 17

AC/PD
I remember it.
It focussed around a downtrodden and slightly creepy couple played by Denise Coffey and Anthony Aitkin in a Coronation Street type of set-up - their scenes were always preceded by a thereabouts Corrie theme.
As a youngster though, the laughs and memories derived from the TV spoofs, as mentioned by WTH.
An unerringly accurate (and mute?) Larry Grayson imitation  stick in the childhood memory, as does the LWT 'announcer' always caught in vision before he was ready, OTT World of Sport typists and Doctor Eyes, in which a model Police Box was plonked down into the setting.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
Not sure if there is any interest in this but here goes, i thought of an idea for a Saturday pic challenge, "girls of the 70's", basically the idea is to post as many pictures of acressess, singers, presenters etc who were big in the 70s, not the usual TOTP dancers. We could either set a target or just see how many we could get during the day. Let me know if any interest in doing this.

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
Great idea, Mikey. So many fantastic ladies were about in the 70s (60s too, of course). Seeing as my dvd collection consists mostly of the era I might be able to contribute!

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey wrote
Not sure if there is any interest in this but here goes, i thought of an idea for a Saturday pic challenge, "girls of the 70's", basically the idea is to post as many pictures of acressess, singers, presenters etc who were big in the 70s, not the usual TOTP dancers. We could either set a target or just see how many we could get during the day. Let me know if any interest in doing this.
Go for it Mikey

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
Ok then, lets do next Saturday, i'll post a note a day or so beforehand as a reminder. We could do 60s and 80s at a later date if this one goes ok, as with all these the more people who participate the better.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
I've replaced the Pans People rooftop pic with a new (better) version here,

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4139884.html

There is a new article here, although nothing too new i think (tartan knickers for Maggie May?)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/0496d882-6c83-45c2-a2c9-02f384b6c3a6

Re: New chat thread 17

 I will try and contribute as well. I have in mind a really attractive Irish actress who appeared on a number of TV shows in the 1970s, but now seems to have completely vanished from sight.
I remember her well, though!

Re: New chat thread 17

Slightly improved Jean Genie picture as well (larger).

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey wrote
There is a new article here, although nothing too new i think (tartan knickers for Maggie May?)
Anita being pushed out of the way in the lunch queue so David Bowie can get his cheese?
Not so much Suffragette City, more Cathedral City

Re: New chat thread 17

Legsfan
Ryan, the Machine Gun link on the header doesn't work. I see that the header is 2899 instead of 2889.

Re: New chat thread 17

Legsfan wrote
Ryan, the Machine Gun link on the header doesn't work. I see that the header is 2899 instead of 2889.
Hi Legsfan. No, i have not entered 2899, ive correctly typed in the code 2889. Its another of those links thats only works if one disables adblocker or so i understand.

Re: New chat thread 17

Legsfan
Ah okay. It was just when I clicked on the link it loaded page 2899. It is all working now. A really great routine.