New chat thread 17

Re: New chat thread 17

The Rubberband Man
sueforever wrote
I've just been watching a wonderful programme about Stevie Wonder. And guess who turned up , but only the spinning Sue and a close up of Gill. They were playing Happy birthday.
I watched that too and really enjoyed it. Stevie Wonder is an amazing talent. Songs In The Key Of Life is probably my all time favourite album ever.
Absolutely great to see the girls cropping up unexpectedly as well

Re: New chat thread 17

Gill looked to be thrilled about it didn't she !

Re: New chat thread 17

You are right on the mark TRBM. The Songs in the key of Life is a masterpiece by a wonderful artist. All his albums at that period are great to listen to. And you are right there Ryan about Gill.

Re: New chat thread 17

The Rubberband Man
sueforever wrote
You are right on the mark TRBM. The Songs in the key of Life is a masterpiece by a wonderful artist. All his albums at that period are great to listen to. And you are right there Ryan about Gill.
Gill doesn't like Stevie Wonder as much as we do

Re: New chat thread 17

SuPaLu
Gill also might love Stevie Wonder and just be caught in a deep-thought moment connected to her job as a dancer.

Re: New chat thread 17

SuPaLu wrote
Gill also might love Stevie Wonder and just be caught in a deep-thought moment connected to her job as a dancer.
Yes like why are we dancing in amoungst the audience to this when we should be in the dressing room getting changed and going home.

Re: New chat thread 17

Dancer
I saw this too.  Loved his music and Songs in the Key of Life was a beautiful double opus with a something extra for all his fans who had waited so long.  Was really hoping they would show Pans People dancing to Boogie on Reggae Woman.  Loved that song but all of his were fab including Do I Do which ran for over ten minutes on the Musicquarium compilation.  Never really taken with his solo No.1 at all.  I still have the 12" single to it as this was better with the fade out for five minutes with his vocals.

Equally lovely to see Legs & Co.  I wondered about Gill.  It reads like someone is giving her the eye or thinking something really negative like going home to an empty house that night.  I still reckon she was not happy about been let go.  Shame they went so early really.

Re: New chat thread 17

sueforever wrote
You are right on the mark TRBM. The Songs in the key of Life is a masterpiece by a wonderful artist.
The way the album was split always seemed a odd to me. The reverse of Side 1 is Side 4, and the reverse of Side 2 is Side 3. It always used to catch me out.

Re: New chat thread 17

Old Grey Whistler
This question appeared on an edition of 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' a couple of weeks ago.

It was part of a round where all the answers contained the word pan but the contestant had to exclude it from the answer, so in this case the correct answer was s people. The comedian Richard Herring got it correct.

Re: New chat thread 17

SuPaLu
I wonder who these dancers are from the fab Pop Go The 60s.

Re: New chat thread 17

Old Bill
Morning everyone, just thought I'd pop back to say hello and post this snippet I saw yesterday from Mike King of the King Brothers obituary.

I wonder what the dance was that couldn't do without her?!

Trust everyone is well and I'm sorry to report that I hope to have more time to be back with you in the new year.
With a ton of catching up to.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: New chat thread 17

Old Grey Whistler
Good to see you back on here OB!

Re: New chat thread 17

+1. Missed having you around OB. Missed all your Luluism's too

Re: New chat thread 17

Legsfan
Yes it really is nice to see you back OB.

Re: New chat thread 17

And Hello to you OB! Great to find you back on OFTD, it's been far too long.

Re: New chat thread 17

PattiforPM
+4  Missed you OB

Re: New chat thread 17

Michael
Had a delivery of guitars last week which I unpacked today. In amongst the various treasures were these two, whose viridis hues brought Ms Clarke and her green-themed outfits to mind...

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
  Those are two very attractive guitars, Michael, with a lovely greenish hue. As I am no expert on guitars can you tell me if they are new, or have some history to them?

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
 Ryan, how was the Kal event on Saturday the 8th? Was there anything of interest to us Dancing Queen fans, or in the wider world of those with an interest in 70s Television?

Re: New chat thread 17

The Rubberband Man
Hanway2 wrote
Ryan, how was the Kal event on Saturday the 8th? Was there anything of interest to us Dancing Queen fans, or in the wider world of those with an interest in 70s Television?
I was at the event Hanway2. They showed a 1972 Christmas edition of Coronation Street where Annie Walker went to a function where Bernard Manning was the compere. He told a joke that included the word "knickers". Mrs Walker didn’t approve, and she put on her disgusted look 😂

Nothing about TOTPs or anything directly related to our primary subject. Lots for fans of Kenneth Williams though. Top notch day as usual.