New chat thread 17

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
I think it is my oddest and grumpiest review yet, by the way. Nothing to do with Pan's, just me feeling old!!

Re: New chat thread 17

PattiforPM
I love odd and grumpy

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
    To anybody still interested. My review for the routine 'Walking In the Rain' from Pan's People is finally finished and posted up in the relevant thread.  Thank you to Ryan and Vin for allowing me to do this. Not an ideal manner, nor an ideal review- too disjointed, perhaps- but by using this method I am able to post it this week, whereas if I had waited to post in my usual way, I might not have been able to do so for another week or two.
 If anyone has already read through the provisional reviews as I added to them, apart from my embarrassment, I would point out that I have added a few more minor points these last few minutes, if you feel any urge to read it again.
  I am still of the full intention to review all the available routines by Pan's, Ruby, Legs, Zoo and whatever else is put before me. So doing this latest review like I have has permitted me to get moving onwards that little bit quicker.
Now on to 'Take Me To The Mardi Gras', I wonder what I will make of that? But get the pronunciation right , Kenny!

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
Some dates for future Kal events from Chris Perry:
"A quick heads-up to say that the first two events for 2019 will be Saturday 16th March and Saturday 1st June at BCU. June will be the pop event. thanks."
Still living in 1979

Re: New chat thread 17

Thanks for the dates. Im pleased Kal have gone for March, they were talking about making it April. I trust someone will put the free Ticket link up when its available.

Re: New chat thread 17

A little miffed how i missed the open goal of a Legs & Co header today

Re: New chat thread 17

Im out and about this evening, so Just to let folk know that the number 2's poll will be put up around 10.30ish instead of the usual 7.30.

Re: New chat thread 17

Dancer wrote
Good to see Dee Dee on the dance contest earlier even if it was very brief.  Found the show to be one bore really.  Switched off after 30 minutes.  Dee Dee had no chance  because majority of the audience were young and just would not appreciate that type of dancing.  Nowadays if a routine does not contain some sort of hip-hop it is a big thumbs down which is a shame.

I don't think that series will take off and reckon it will be pulled - maybe I am wrong but felt it was aimed at a young audience; the type who are getting ready to go out and need motivation.  Not on my radar.
Had not kept up with this but was there any mention of Dee Dee’s illustrious Past as a Pan’s People dancer?
Not a programme I would willingly tune in to, seeing as it is from the Simon Cowell stable and features the minusculely talented Cheryl Tweedy, or whatever name she masquerades under these days. I would guess that much of the Dancing was of the modern street type which is a complete turn off for me. I would sooner watch a team of Morris Dancers with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Re: New chat thread 17

Dancer
No not really mentioned at all Hanway2.  I reckon she and her girls were just a "filler" for the show to show that they are not ageist.

Agree with you.  I never watch anything by Simon C.  He just exploits people and from my feedback from girls at work I am glad I switched off when I did.  Yes it did seem modern type dancing that was getting through or in the case of one lad with hardly any teeth dancing to Cheryl's medley of songs.  I am just pleased I have the footage I need from the dancers on here.

@Ryan.  Thanks for your header texts/pics.  Those pics are lovely and they certainly danced to that Status Quo song fantastic.  So erotic.  Shame that Dee Dee was ill but irrespective fab.

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2 wrote
Dancer wrote
Good to see Dee Dee on the dance contest earlier even if it was very brief.  Found the show to be one bore really.  Switched off after 30 minutes.  Dee Dee had no chance  because majority of the audience were young and just would not appreciate that type of dancing.  Nowadays if a routine does not contain some sort of hip-hop it is a big thumbs down which is a shame.

I don't think that series will take off and reckon it will be pulled - maybe I am wrong but felt it was aimed at a young audience; the type who are getting ready to go out and need motivation.  Not on my radar.
Had not kept up with this but was there any mention of Dee Dee’s illustrious Past as a Pan’s People dancer?
Dee Dee's husband Henry Marsh, who was in the audience, gave Dee Dee and the ladies a short introduction via the big screen on the stage and there was a clip of the Hip Hug Her routine. Naturally he mentioned that his wife was a founder member of Pan's People: 'they became the main dance troupe on Top Of The Pops in the sixties and seventies'.

The segment only took up two minutes of the show, their routine (to KC and the Sunshine Band's 'Give It Up') was heavily edited, and it all made for uncomfortable viewing with the young audience essentially perceiving them as a bunch of embarrassing grannies. The street dancing which did inevitably feature - and to be fair if not my cup of tea it did seem to be well-performed - of course went down a whole lot better.

Re: New chat thread 17

Can I say Ryan the header is fantastic and Sue looks fantastic.

Re: New chat thread 17

PattiforPM
I agree but that's Patti SFE

Re: New chat thread 17

Dancer wrote
No not really mentioned at all Hanway2.  I reckon she and her girls were just a "filler" for the show to show that they are not ageist.

Agree with you.  I never watch anything by Simon C.  He just exploits people and from my feedback from girls at work I am glad I switched off when I did.  Yes it did seem modern type dancing that was getting through or in the case of one lad with hardly any teeth dancing to Cheryl's medley of songs.  I am just pleased I have the footage I need from the dancers on here.

@Ryan.  Thanks for your header texts/pics.  Those pics are lovely and they certainly danced to that Status Quo song fantastic.  So erotic.  Shame that Dee Dee was ill but irrespective fab.
Thanks Dancer and GD for the detail of Dee Dee’s appearance on this show. As it should still be available to watch on the iplayer I think I will try and brave a watch of the few minutes her and her group were on.
No intention of watching any more though. Not to be narrow minded but anything to do with Simon Cowell is the complete opposite of talent. Bring back Hughie Greene, I say.

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
 I did watch the few moments featuring Dee Dee and her gang, with a mixture of sadness and anger.
My dislike of the ‘modern’ style of dance should not preclude others from liking it if they wish, that us everybody’s prerogative. But it seems that Dee Dee, ergo Pan’s are now a thing for ridicule, a comedy insert between other programmes that the producers wish to thrust upon us. I might had hoped for better, but did not expect it. The tastes of the young sometimes appall the old.
Dee Dee- once adored by millions, of far greater number than for those who would supplant you. And still adored by the few, those who knew then, and those who know now- of the ability and style and delight which you bestowed on your art.
1 ... 17181920