New chat thread 17

Re: New chat thread 17

BeautifulBabs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/0496d882-6c83-45c2-a2c9-02f384b6c3a6 Probably nothing new not sure if already mentioned

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
Nice to see that you're still out there. I tried to email back in May but got no response.

PS: They got the Flick caption wrong.

Re: New chat thread 17

BeautifulBabs
Hi doc not been in best of health but still around

Re: New chat thread 17

There are a few errors (Jo Cook becomes Jo Clarke, Anita is not in the Legs & Co pic, calling Legs & Co "a band" just for example), perhaps they could have got us to proof read it

I realised the pics i posted are on the large side, these are exactly as copied off the article but if i should resize them i can do, someone let me know.

Re: New chat thread 17

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Hi Mikey: thanks for all the pictures: no need to resize, large is good.
You've all done vey well!

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
Just a note to say that I will make the final count for the May 1978 anniversary reviews in 10 days time (1st Oct).
If you've not already commented, now's a good time to do so.

Here's the routines and who's already taken part:
Back In Love Again - Donna Summer
P4PM
TRBM
ER

More Than A Woman - Tavares
TRBM
RYAN
ER
AC/PD
P4PM

Love Is In The Air - John Paul Young
TRBM
P4PM

You're The One That I Want - Olivia Newton John and John Travolta
P4PM
TRBM
RYAN
ER
AC/PD

Current count for May (4 routines):

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey wrote
Not sure if there is any interest in this but here goes, i thought of an idea for a Saturday pic challenge, "girls of the 70's", basically the idea is to post as many pictures of acressess, singers, presenters etc who were big in the 70s, not the usual TOTP dancers. We could either set a target or just see how many we could get during the day. Let me know if any interest in doing this.
Hi Mikey, is this still going ahead? I've got a free day today and I can't think of a better way of spending it than raiding the old archive here at ER Towers.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
Yes, sorry ER when i said next week i meant the 29th, so a bit more time for "reseach"

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
Okay Mikey, no problem. As you say, more time for research. Be warned though, these extra days will give me the opportunity to pull some truly obscure rabbits from the hat.

If anyone needs their appetite wetting to participate, here's a taster.

The heavenly Lynne Frederick from a 1972 episode of Follyfoot. The show was about horses, but this was the filly that caught my eye.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
Wow, good one

Re: New chat thread 17

For information here's who's commented the most on the recent 40th posts.
I've listed anyone who has taken part this year:

TRBM, you're just missing The Smurf Song.
AC/PD, you're missing How Can This Be Love.
P4PM, you're missing Baby Stop Crying.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
The Saturday challenge is still on for this Saturday, i'll aim to start at 9am (ish), hope you can join in!

In the meantime here is a random 'top 10' list, although it is very American orientated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1zLJ9wjC4

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey wrote
The Saturday challenge
Hi Mikey, The Saturday challenge. I trust you are going to title your thread thus or similar. Although similar in nature to the thread i used to host in which i set an amount of pics to be reached and on a Saturday, i hope you do not consider calling it THE SATURDAY SCREEN CAP THREAD© as this was the title i used. I do hope to be able to join in with it though

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
Me too. No bland Americans in my selections though, I'll be mostly going for Brit girl-next-door types who have always held immeasurably more appeal for me.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey wrote
The Saturday challenge
Hi Mikey, The Saturday challenge. I trust you are going to title your thread thus or similar. Although similar in nature to the thread i used to host in which i set an amount of pics to be reached and on a Saturday, i hope you do not consider calling it THE SATURDAY SCREEN CAP THREAD© as this was the title i used. I do hope to be able to join in with it though
Not really thought of it in those terms, its more for photos than screen caps really.

Re: New chat thread 17

I wouldn't call Daisy Duke bland

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
A couple of dates for the diary:

8th December - Kal, Birmingham.
15th December - MBW, London.

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc im happy for your 40th Anniversary posts to be placed on the first page of the forum. However they only have a limited shelf life there. This is to avoid clogging the first page up. A bit like when i move my Number 2's stuff or the TOTPs poll threads. After 14 days either you or myself will move them to their proper home in the appropriate thread.

Re: New chat thread 17

Which is exactly what I’m intending to do.
As for clogging up a forum about Legs and Co and Pan’s People, they are the only discussion/comment threads about them in the first 13 posts. Which is why I’m posting them in the top directory and moving them later when they drop down the list.
The others posts are:
Music poll
TOTP poll
Quiz
Chat
Pictures of Girls
TOTP Poll
Screen grabs
House pictures
Dead people
Quiz

Supernature has just passed 200 views, something only about 3 other posts from 1978 have done. Normally they get about 100-150.

Re: New chat thread 17

Legsfan
Doc wrote
Music poll