New chat thread 17

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
Hi Mel,

Thanks for asking, 30 days of summer was a daily ID quiz that ran in 2016 and 2017. You can see the 2017 one here. Basically i'll post an image and whoever get its right gets a point and that runs for 30 days, hence the name. This time i decided to move away from the dancers and use well known pop videos although there will be no visual disguises and i will probably do 2 at a time as well.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/30-Days-of-Summer-ID-Quiz-td4137127.html

I think Malta was replying to the article in Q i posted last week, which is here.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Recent-pictures-of-Pans-People-tp4062106p4165396.html

Re: New chat thread 17

PattiforPM
Hold the Bus Doc, Price of Love found?!  Any details?

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
You've not been paying attention at the back! I said about a month ago at MBW CP told David Hamilton that they've just found his missing TOTP.
Still living in 1979

Re: New chat thread 17

PattiforPM
Oops, wife says I need hearing aids too so maybe she's right, thanks Doc

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
He did also say it was from 1977, but there are no missing DH episodes from that year.
No doubt an official announcement will follow in due course and then we'll know for certain what it is.
Still living in 1979
Mel

Re: New chat thread 17

Mel
Hi again Mikey Thanks for all your info on the vid thing and the links,might give it a go.

Also thank you for clearing up the Malta post for me.I think I should have had some more coffee this morning before I went on the laptop.

Nice Valentine Mag interview.Not seen that before.

All the best

Mel
M6

Re: New chat thread 17

  A short time ago I suggested a Saturday/Sunday challenge where we could post pictures of our favourite non Top Of The Pops dancers. And that the weekend of 25/26 May would be the time.
  If this is still of interest please let me know. If there is enough I will post up a few rules and conditions in a day or two. I will only add at this point it can be both male and female dancers- as you wish.
It will be similar to Mikey's weekend challenges, from whom I 'nicked' the idea. I wonder if he will notice.

Re: New chat thread 17

Ok Mel, its really just being on line at the right time, as shown in my compilation these will be pretty easy ones, but dont answer them now, i may want to use them on the actual thing

Re: New chat thread 17

Very nice cover Hanway, did that make it to the covers thread we did before.

With regard to your idea, would there be multiple pictures of the same group or individual, as there are some obvious ones like Hot Gossip that had numerous line ups.

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
 With regard to the pictures, I was intending just photos of  individual dancers. Not in groups. But that is not set in stone, so if anyone prefers more than one that would be accepted.
And yes, more than one picture of any group will be fine, but not consecutively, I think.
I will work out the full conditions over the next few days.

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
  As this will be my 1,000 post* I thought I could add something I was feeling a few nights ago, and made into a small file.

   "I am under a cloud of melancholy, having done something I should not do. I have played two Pan’s People routines that so resonate with me about my lost youth. They are not greatly liked I fear, but are two of my favourites now. Watching ‘Both Sides Now’ and ‘Temma Harbour’ does things to me. Create a feeling of long gone innocence, and hope for the future. And a reminder of the four who are no longer with us. And a time which will never return.
   And now I am pining for Ruth. Imagine that, pining for someone I never met, and probably had thousands feeling the same about her. And wouldn’t want me longing for her if she ever knew. I should be old enough to know better. I am, but I don’t care. I shall pine for Ruth as long as it makes me happy. And that may be a long time.
  I should be embarrassed to tell this, but for my own sake I felt I had to share. And where else would I find anyone who might understand ?"

  *I have deleted a few posts over my time on here, so I have gone over that number in actual amounts. But this is the number that have stuck- up to now.

Re: New chat thread 17

Michael
Hanway2 wrote
[...]

What a beautiful and heartfelt message you’ve chosen as your 1000th post. Thank you for sharing it and your feelings so candidly with us all.

I'm not a religious person in any way, shape, or form, but I do believe in love and magic, and feel very much that I'm a child of the Universe. And the universe is infinite, and the Infinite harbours infinite possibilities...

With this in mind, sending a message like yours out into the Universe is never wasted, because the concept of infinity allows the possibility, at some point in space and time, of your words reaching their intended recipient.

Maybe I’m a bit of an old Hippy, but musings such as these fill me with such a sense of wellbeing.

Best wishes,

Mickey

PS: I thought this lovely photo of dear Ruth would augment your words perfectly.

Re: New chat thread 17

   Thanks for your kind words and beautiful picture Michael, very warmly received. I thought I was the only old Hippy here! I think one of the problems is that, because of my on going review programme, I am seeing Ruth dance every day, and night. And it is affecting me deeply and heightened my passion, as I have admitted. Perhaps I should speed on to May 1976- and no more Ruth. Though my obsession might then transfer to Patti, Lulu-  or even Phil!

  By the way- you haven't aged a bit!!

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
  Mikey, that is a very, very beautiful black and white picture of early Pan's you have put up on the 'Pictures' page. The one above the- of it's time- Record Mirror article.
  All of them look extra stunning in that picture.

Re: New chat thread 17

Hanway2
 Dolly has posted some interesting newspaper pieces on Cherry on the pictures page. Somehow I missed them earlier, so mention it in the case that others here may not have seen them yet.

Re: New chat thread 17

Nice isnt it, there is a reproduction in the 'dont throw this away' brochure, but this is an original print, which sadly i don't own, or the brochure, as they are rare and expensive, maybe one day.

The Record Mirror article uses a completely out of date picture, doh!!

Re: New chat thread 17

Michael
Mikey wrote
Nice isnt it, there is a reproduction in the 'dont throw this away' brochure, but this is an original print
Hello Mikey

I have a copy of the reprint, bought cheaply as it was missing all but one of the photos which would've been supplied with the package.

Do you know which photos were included?

Best wishes,

Michael

Re: New chat thread 17

Legsfan
The BBC have confirmed that Top of the Pops 1988 starts this June!

The Story of 1988 - 9pm 7th June
TOTP 1988 Biggest Hits - 10pm 7th June

Re: New chat thread 17

Gorgeous Daze
Legsfan wrote
The BBC have confirmed that Top of the Pops 1988 starts this June!

The Story of 1988 - 9pm 7th June
TOTP 1988 Biggest Hits - 10pm 7th June
Very early start to the second year of the year! Must be because of all the extra shows to get in as we finally approach ban-free territory.

Good to see that Wendy James will be among those reminiscing. She'll provide much-needed bright spots throughout the next year or so too.

Re: New chat thread 17

I dont know what the extra photos were Michael, the only other thing that may have been included was the Philip Day letter shown here, although that does make reference to some additional photos.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-Promo-Brochure-Don-t-Throw-This-Away-tp4115119p4115124.html

I think i need to try and get hold of one of these brochures at some point.