New chat thread 17

Re: New chat thread 17

If im right on this, then Lulu & Sue we're not the first to share that camel outfit during 1978. In The Rutles 1978 TV movie `All You Need Is Cash`, the camel outfit looking suspiciously like the one we see in November is worn earlier in March during the `Tragical History Tour` segment. Both BBC shows of course.

45.00 mins to 45.40 mins. What do ya think ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPgs4cT47E

Re: New chat thread 17

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I reckon they could be the same body costume, or at least both made to the same design. But the heads are substantially different. Could the BBC Wardrobe Department have allowed customers to play mix-and-match?
You've all done vey well!

Re: New chat thread 17

Suefan
Even if AC/PD's screengrabs from the 28 Sept have resulted in putting him in the ICU a wait of over a week for the other leading lady to be so featured is pure cruelty !!

Re: New chat thread 17

AC/PD
How remiss!
Miss Clark's position at the top of the L&C team-sheet inexplicably gave cause for Miss M.'s captured movements to  somehow fall from the bottom (last but by no means least) of the pictorial line-up (despite being captured at the same session).
Fined and soon to be remedied.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
If anyone was thinking recently its been ages since we had a Rosie tribute video, well you're in luck

Clicky here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDJ9DNpP0o

Re: New chat thread 17

Young Mister Grace
Mikey wrote
If anyone was thinking recently its been ages since we had a Rosie tribute video, well you're in luck

Clicky here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDJ9DNpP0o
What a beautifully-made tribute. In fact, since there's no anniversary clip for the blog today, I think I'll post this instead.

Here it is: http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=3050

Thanks to ASmK, and to Mikey for bringing it to my attention.
You've all done vey well!

Re: New chat thread 17

VintageVideos
I agree this is first class. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Re: New chat thread 17

Who's That Hurll
I have expressed the desire to see a Rosie tribute set to this song before and I'm glad to say it doesn't disappoint.

Re: New chat thread 17

Yes its a super compilation video of Rosie. Like the other two vids made by Lee A, she will get to view this one too.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
I finally managed to get a bigger copy of the photo of Pans sat on the stairs with Cliff Richard, so i've updated that in the pics. I then saw this and the reason for the mysterious wine glass became clear, they are wearing the same clothes in both so it must be the same day.

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
Hey, loved that Rosie tribute vid, the best yet. And using the Edison Lighthouse classic was something that just had to happen

Re: New chat thread 17

AC/PD
Yep, very creative and, in tune with the lady herself,  just fine.

Re: New chat thread 17

What a fine fellow AC/PD is. Absolutely corking captures of both Ms C and now Ms M.... means
All castigations retracted, all potential fines rescinded....
Splendid stuff

And more smashing stuff with the Rosie tribute from ASmk.

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
Hey!, remember 1978? when you were down the disco dancing to The Floral Dance and Billy Don't Be Hero?, no?, well the makers of this gem think so, oh and its got Legs on the cover in their golden trousers crying to Andrew Gold. Perhaps they needed to look up what Disco actually was.

Re: New chat thread 17

Everything'sRosie
What a strange compilation. The only record there that was remotely disco was the Barry Blue one.

Re: New chat thread 17

The Rubberband Man
^ That the girls look like they're crying is very appropriate considering the choice of music ^

Re: New chat thread 17

PattiforPM
Floral Dance (Tiesto Hot Wind Mix)

Re: New chat thread 17

Doc
Lol, Tiësto was only 8 when it came out.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: New chat thread 17

Pickwick! The record company famous for 'electronically created stereo' of actual mono recordings. Never heard of it? Count yourself lucky!

Re: New chat thread 17

Mikey
I thought it was a bootleg at first, but no this was actually released back around 1978 . Sounds like you had a bad buy at some point Vin.