New chat thread 18

Time for a new chat thread me thinks. Also time to remind the good folk on OFTDs that `THIS` is the correct thread for chat, enquiry, thankyou and other such odds and ends posts.

Chat thread 17 is now locked.

Re: New chat thread 18

sueforever
I see they is no Top of the pops on next week.

Re: New chat thread 18

Hanway2
 It has been very quiet on here today. Has everyone else gone to Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice?

Re: New chat thread 18

Everything'sRosie
No solstice worshiping down my way, but due to the persistently wet weather I've had to play two golf matches in two days as catch-up. And I played rubbish in both!

Re: New chat thread 18

sueforever wrote
I see they is no Top of the pops on next week.
I'm quite pleased about that as I am in a backlog situation with about 5 shows still to watch. Might give me a chance to catch up.

Re: New chat thread 18

Arlo
Rubbish is my new golf game normal.  Here in south Florida summer golf is remarkably cheap, but you need to play very early/very late to avoid (as best as possible) extreme heat and humidity.

Re: New chat thread 18

Everything'sRosie
I've played in Florida a few times, Arlo. That Bermuda grass makes it a whole new game. I'm glad we don't have it back here in the UK. No alligators either!

Re: New chat thread 18

Arlo
I agree with you about Bermuda grass.  I relocated here from Ohio a couple of years back (for work related reasons), and playing on Bermuda grass has been an adjustment.

Maybe someday when I retire I can have a Scottish golf holiday.  One of the many items to add to the retirement wish list.

Re: New chat thread 18

Hanway2

Hanway2 wrote

  I was last there in January 1986, a long long time ago now! A long story which I may get round to telling the Forum one day, me and the L.A woman I was engaged to!!

Coincidently, my mum comes from L.A! -'Old Grey Whistler'.

    CRIKEY!!

  ( I hope OGW doesn't mind me transferring these comments to the Chat thread, where they should be ).

Re: New chat thread 18

Mikey
Thanks to YMG for removing the watermark on that getty image earlier, very impressive.

Message for Michael, have a look at the dress in the background on this pic.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/L-is-for-Louise-tp3995545p4119833.html

Re: New chat thread 18

Seeing the very beautiful header for Oh Lori with all of Legs looking so pretty in pink makes me feel hungry for Strawberry Ice Cream.

Re: New chat thread 18

Thanks Hanway, as its a Sunday maybe its a Strawberry Sundae !  This routine is also quite unique (i think). Correct me if im wrong, but are there any other routines with no `audible` presenter intros ? If one listens carefully, helped by turning the volume up, one can hear a mumbling male voice. Presumably this is gallery feedback or the tale end of what ever Savile was saying. My theory on this is that his intro was cut and not used for some reason. Maybe what ever he was wittering on about was deemed unusable on the playback.

Anyhow, ithis is the only example of no `audible presenter` intro on a Legs routine, are there any Pans or Ruby equivalents ?

Re: New chat thread 18

Hanway2
 I cannot answer the question, but am now thinking strange and lurid images of Patti bathing in Strawberry Milkshake.

Re: New chat thread 18

Re: New chat thread 18

sueforever wrote
I see they is no Top of the pops on next week.
World Cup football takes over.
The following week has three TOTPs to partly make up for this deficiency. There's one show on Thursday 4 July and two back-to-back on Friday 5 July.

Re: New chat thread 18

The Rubberband Man wrote
World Cup football takes over.
I know its not the done thing to do these days, but people like me (Dinosaurs) would say Woman's World Cup football rather than World Cup football. The BBC would hate me

Re: New chat thread 18

Everything'sRosie
I watched the England game today. Well done to our girls, not only for winning but for keeping their dignity in the face of some despicable behaviour from the Cameroon team.

Re: New chat thread 18

Gorgeous Daze
Everything'sRosie wrote
I watched the England game today. Well done to our girls, not only for winning but for keeping their dignity in the face of some despicable behaviour from the Cameroon team.
+1

Re: New chat thread 18

AC/PD
The Saharan plume's got to the front page.
Mel

Re: New chat thread 18

Mel
Really like todays header Ryan.Call me old-fashioned,but I like those costumes.Real women,very feminine looking.
M6
1234 ... 15