Quantcast

New chat thread number 11

Time for a new chat thread. Id thought id start this one off with a nice link posted by our new friend Heartthrobfan in one of the old TOTPs preview threads.

This link leads to us across the pond to dancers from the 1980s who were called The Solid Gold Dancers. I must confess i know very little about them other than the fact they were a mixed dance troupe. Cracking 80s woman and some blokes dancing to the US hits of the day.

Thanks for the link HTF.

http://youtu.be/7v1nt4L7vR0

Re: New chat thread number 11

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New chat thread number 11

I do know Alison is the lady in your avatar, as for the rest im pretty much clueless. I know i keep saying this, but Jez reckons he will be back soon. HTF, am i correct in thinking you are American. If so can you tell me how widely well known over there TOTPs was or indeed the dancers were back in the day. Cheers.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
On the topic of other TV dance groups like the Solid Gold Dancers, Hearthrob and other Teri Scoble groups: I'm concentrating my efforts on resurrecting performances from the Top of the Pops dancers on the new blog right now: There's a mountain of material to get through, so I've had to prioritise.

That doesn't mean I've made a policy decision to exclude other dancers: it's just the constraints of time forces this upon me.

Meanwhile, if anyone else wants to set up a sister blog dedicated to showing surviving routines from their personal favourites (Hot Gossip, TSD's, etc..) I'd be happy to help out with the benefit of my experience.

Cheers

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: New chat thread number 11

PattiForPM
Lovely Lulu montage Ryan.  I must say November 1977 is when she really happened for me but I know this will not be unanimous

Re: New chat thread number 11

Cheers P4PM, i worked very hard on that. Yes i think the month of Nov 77 was when Lulu took the decision to lose the cutey pie hair style that had served her so well and thought about a new style for 78.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New chat thread number 11

VintageVideos
Viewable everywhere except Germany... now that's something I am familiar with
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright

Re: New chat thread number 11

AC/PD
Funnily enough, Vin, the Food For Thought record's on You Tube but included in the main heading is the statement "blocked in Germany"
I saw that and thought of you.

Re: New chat thread number 11

PattiForPM wrote
Lovely Lulu montage Ryan.  I must say November 1977 is when she really happened for me but I know this will not be unanimous
Yes, it is good work from Ryan - but how he could ignore this particular 'angel face'  for September 1981, I'll  never know.

WTH

Re: New chat thread number 11

Mikey
I did laugh at that Stars on 45 audience dance clip YMG posted earlier, having not seen it before. DLTs 'Dad dancing' and then it going all soul train at the end. Will the DLT ban extend if the repeats roll on to 1981, i sincerly hope normal-ish service is resumed by then.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Those Stars On 45 clips can be a little confusing working out which order they came in. Thank goodness for SFs Legs list.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Some really good pics on my Doors and entrances thread. Well done guys.

Re: New chat thread number 11

I still reckon Sue & Patti run into each other on `Lonely Boy`, but as ever this was poo pooed by the rank and file.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Andeebee
what time frame is this at Ryan?

Re: New chat thread number 11

...and by the gentry

Re: New chat thread number 11

Andeebee wrote
what time frame is this at Ryan?
2.55 mins.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25bspv_legs-co-lonely-boy-totp-tx-14-04-1977-05-05-1977_creation

Re: New chat thread number 11

I see things that others dont or that others refuse to believe they see. But i stand by for ridicule, i can take it.

Re: New chat thread number 11

Mikey
I think Sues off before any real contact happens, sorry.