Quantcast

Next week's TOTP

Again there will be only one TOTP (18-06-81) next week on Friday (18-03-16) as The Sky At Night is on Thurdsay.

Re: Next week TOTPs

Cheers for that. At least that preserves Legs & Co's tenure on BBC4 in 2016 to last a bit longer then.

Re: Next week TOTPs

Mikey
Good, this pace is ridiculous.

Re: Next week TOTPs

The Rubberband Man
Mikey wrote
Good, this pace is ridiculous.
I agree. it was easy last year. One a week and the week in 1980 pretty much aligned with the 2015 week.
Now it's all over the place. Next edition is an April edition

Re: Next week TOTPs

Mikey
Gill looks quite different here in this rehearsal shot, i had to watch the clip on the blog to be sure it was her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b071796z

Re: Next week TOTPs

Yes thats a smashing picture and i agree Gill isn't instantly recognizable. I guess they just used studio blokes then on the rehearsal to dance with the girls. We can just see one behind Shaky in the pic. The available clip we have of that performance is very poor indeed, so it will be good to have a better copy of the second TOH.

Re: Next week TOTPs

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I really am loathe to moan, because I am glad just to get the chance to see these editions, but it's really "naused" up my week. I would start looking forward to Thursday from Monday evening on, be buzzing on Friday, watch it again on Saturday. Now I can hardly separate one edition in my head from the next, they have come at me so thick and fast. It's the plague of life in Britain - "if it ain't broke, break it!"
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: Next week TOTPs

Yes, that one could do with an update.

Speaking of blog clips I've been searching for the Stars on 45 dance from 7th May, not the DLT assisted one but a full routine (according to Popscene) but cant find it anywhere.

Re: Next week TOTPs

I do think we have one of the Stars On 45 missing on the new blog, though we had them all on the old blog. Will have to look into this.

Re: Next week TOTPs

zenon
So grateful with only having one show this week, the new pace has left me totally fagged out!

Re: Next week TOTPs

Young Mister Grace
Hi Mikey & Ryan. Yes, I've checked and I do have one ""Stars on 45" clip that isn't posted on the blog. It's from on TOTP2 repeat. I'll get it posted soon.

Cheers

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Next week TOTPs

Dancer
I am pleased it is just one really as it can be quite difficult to comment on two and we are so far ahead now.  Not really ideal at all.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: Next week TOTPs

Again there will be only one TOTP (18-06-81) next week on Friday (18-03-16) as The Sky At Night is on Thurdsay.

Re: Next week TOTPs

Mikey
I don't have a link to the 11/6/81 (Jimmy Saville) show this week i'm afriad.

Re: Next week TOTPs

VintageVideos
http://we.tl/wwYAiRkWtl

Thanks to Darnall42, New Life ~ Top of the Pops 1981! & Popscene

Re: Next week TOTPs

Thanks, a very reasonable copy it is too!

.Edit: on closer inspection the sound keeps cutting out, but it's better than nothing (and that's what the BBC are giving us).

Re: Next week TOTPs

AC/PD
Yes, thanks Vin for the links.

Re: Next week TOTPs

Willoway
It's been great to have the opportunity to see the show complete, whatever the rights and wrongs of this particular upload. It's sparked some interesting posts today, including from Meer.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Next week TOTPs

Mikey
Thanks Vin, guess theres no streamed version then.

Re: Next week TOTPs

zenon
No show on Friday 8th April due to the BBC Young Musician of the Year, luckily it means we don't jump two weeks in 24 hours this time although the Thursday show precedes a banned episode.  13/8 with Simon Bates and 20/8 with DLT in this case.