Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Here is a poll idea i'd like to try, so let me explain. It occurred to me the other day whilst watching a whole bunch Legs & Co routines that there are some i find to be awful beyond compare. So much so that there is no way i would ever be compelled to play them voluntarily. Id only ever click `play` when i wanted a screen grab say.

I like to use the term `unloved` when i think of these routines. So what i'm asking you guys to do is to nominate a maximum of two unloved Legs & Co routines that you consider worthy of that term. They have to be routines you would never consider playing and certainly never find any enjoyment in them

If we can muster up around ten or a dozen i will open up a poll so we can nominate these poor unfortunate routines. It will then be a 3 day job to see what prevails as the least loved Legs, maybe open the poll up on Saturday evening. If it proves to be popular, i will do the same for Pans & Ruby too. So here are my two nominations.
`I Thought It Was You`. Easily my least played Legs routine and one id never countenance playing at any time if possible. Flick's idea of creating a nightclub dance setting bombed as we couldn't hardly see any of the action. The song wasn't to bad i guess, shame it was coupled with this useless routine.
`Because The Night`. I can well understand FC wanting to recreate the night, but i dont really enjoy these dark setting routines. Its not helped by being Yewtree'd, to many overlays are used and the red hue of what lighting is used makes the dancers appear to be too red if you know what i mean ! Its a shame because the costumes are really good, or what i can see of them.

So how about you guys. Any nominations are most welcome.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Legsfan
Great idea Ryan.
My picks would be Lady and My Way.
Both are equally as boring in my opinion and I haven't watched either in a very very long time.
I'm back!

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

There are routines that are bad, but I still enjoy them. Grandma's Party springs to mind, and The Smurf Song. However, my two choices are both themes from TV shows. I love Ennio Morricone's work, but the routine for Chi Mai does nothing for me at all. Sorry girls. Likewise, the Theme From MASH is one that soon loses my interest.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Not an easy task but two I never ever watch are:
The Greatest Love Of All - Not just an extremely boring song but also a boring routine with horrible dresses
Disco Inferno - Good song but the lighting effects make it absolutely unwatchable

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

The (Least) Greatest Love Of All. Flapping poor and the song is even worse.

I Wish the girls weren't Chaplins, leave gender-fluid until the mixed-up teenies... but if you must at least give us a close up.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Good work guys. The 10 nominations so far are worthy contenders indeed.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Old Grey Whistler
Funkin For Jamaica I know it is popular with everyone else for obvious reasons but in my book it is no more than titillation and well below their usual standard.

Tokyo Joe  The dancing is fine but it is just too dark which is ironic considering there are so many lanterns on display.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

For me it has to be 'Going In With My Eyes Open' and 'Keep On Dancing', neither routine does anything for me and the outfits don't help either.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

For my choices for the least watched routines by me. These routines come from 77, the first one is The Greatest love of all. The second is, Show me the way to Go by the Jacksons.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Nominations for this are now closed. The poll will be up this evening. Thanks for your nominations, i make it 14 in total.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Nominations for this are now closed. The poll will be up this evening. Thanks for your nominations, i make it 14 in total.
Bit short!
Just one day?

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

AC/PD wrote
Bit short!
Just one day?
Yep, things change. Folks, make a daily visit to OFTDs and you won't miss out

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Dancer
Really interesting comments above but would be interesting if the poll had been extended by a few more days but then rules are rules and thank you to Ryan for preparing this.  Made for interesting reading.  I will list mine down below:-

Father Abraham and Smurfs - Smurf Song - It was clever of Flick to come up with this idea of the audience looking into the girls through the screen but I just did not really take to it.  I could not tell who was who and I had to look at the girls busts to see if I could identify them given that they were in clinging jumpers but still could not decipher any of them.  I really did not like this one at all.

Bee Gees - Tragedy - Again for the reasons above - I never could tell who was who which put me off slightly but I still like to watch this one but still irritates me.

Tweets - Birdie Song - Felt sorry for the girls dancing to this.  Yes it was bitter as we knew this was the last dance really but to give them this one I found insulting and turning them into working class women performing the awful dance that one would have to be dreadfully intoxicated to embark on it - I really hated this routine and moreover seeing other people at work's dos doing it each year for the next ten years.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

VintageVideos
I actually like the performances for The Smurf Song (though the record itself is atrocious) and Tragedy. And dare I say that I'd much rather watch The Birdie Song than My Way or even Greatest Love Of All. At least The Birdie Song is upbeat and not dull and depressing.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Dancer wrote
Really interesting comments above but would be interesting if the poll had been extended by a few more days but then rules are rules and thank you to Ryan for preparing this.  Made for interesting reading.  I will list mine down below:-
Yes these polls work so well in my view because they stick to my rigid 3 day formula. The thing to do is quite simple. Make sure that OFTDs is part of folks everyday internet surfing, that way polls etc will not be missed.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

PattiforPM
Sorry I missed this too.  My Way would have got my vote too.  Thought it was You is a close second  for me and Greatest Love not far away.  Now, Country Roads take me home to the place......

I know I shouldn't, but I find myself agreeing with you. I was on a coach trip a few years back going through France (which even then had a strict seat-belt policy) when a group of hefty drunk women decided to get up and do the Macarena in the aisle, when said record came on the radio. Prompting much eye-contact and slow head-shaking by the "boring beggars" who failed to join in the merriment. Always hated those short-lived dance fads so beloved of thickos.

Re: Nominations for your `Least Loved Legs & Co routine`.

Dancer
"thickos" - what a fantastic description.  I love that.

Every year in Wolverhampton and Birmingham they did the Tweets dance and more recently the Macerena.  That is another I find ridiculous.  I dance to the seventies and eighties stuff and sit down and watch this routine on the floor.  Whereas in London the songs that get them on the floor is Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack and Fat Back Band I Found Lovin' which are both classics and acceptable.