Nostalgia is past: Introducing The Godiva Girls

Nostalgia is past: Introducing The Godiva Girls

late night viewer
In tangential response to Dee Dee’s recent interview regarding the need to build a better Britain, one of the first steps towards this would be a re-imagining of a popular music show, such as TOTP in its heyday.

If music be the food of love then the fact that at present we do not have a nationwide central focus for contemporary music means we are all the poorer.  To be a healthy and happy people we need an outlet to express our national musical identity.

Therefore I propose a new TV pop music format that will unite the nation by providing a relevant programme, showcasing the most musical gifted groups who are creating music that has a purpose beyond serving the lowest common denominator of the music industry.

A pivotal role to play in the show will be an all female dance troupe (or would say two male dancers be accepted as necessary? Or just as guest stars as and when required?) Dance has an important function in allowing the ‘national tribe’ to admire their women in a manner that promotes female sexuality as being a positive and beneficial force.

What would this new show and troupe be called? Suggestions please.

Initial idea:

Programme  -     Abracadabra: The Magic of Music.

Music will be selected on the basis of set criteria:

Pop Music at its best by the manner of its expression reflects contemporary conditions.

For example Punk, whatever its merit as music did articulate the anger and frustration of an urban youth living in deprived economic circumstances with little sense of future hope.

It is an entertainment show, so it will not take itself too seriously, but make its points in a w ay that is enjoyable to watch and listen to for the audience.

Dance Group -   The Godiva Girls.

Template routines:
Spirit in the Sky (Pans People)
Foot Stomping Music (Pans People)
Maid in Heaven (Legs and Co.)
Alright Now (Legs & Co.)

These routines are chosen for having inventive choreography, modern in style and sassily performed.

Well folks you never know what may happen, if we can all contribute ideas as to what we would like in a possible future pop music show; that reinvents the format suitable for the 21st Century and is seen to be viable, then somewhere in the cobwebbed corridors of the Beeb someone may take notice. Basically all I am asking is for you to come up with a show that will cause a sensation!

Re: Nostalgia is past: Introducing The Godiva Girls

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Nostalgia is past: Introducing The Godiva Girls

JEZ
yes he is very good at these type of things well done mate ,but with the cryptic posts and the poem based posts im afraid i still have problems at understandin the meaning of jack and jill i mean why dont they say bucket instead of pale coz does it mean the same thing only in the picture of jack and jill it looks like a bucket and whats all this crown thing about why is jack wearing a crown to go up a hill to fetch a bucket of water ,but i do understand this post a little more ,i think

Re: Nostalgia is past: Introducing The Godiva Girls

I had a couple of notions for the Show LNV (my that last name is hard to keep up with).

I think the Show could focus a section each week or two on a past type of music and play a few representative songs and have the Dance Troupe do a routine from the same era to emphasize the style and dance which was associated with it.  It could even include a brief intro to that era by a knowledgeable celeb or enthusiast.  Someone like Elvis Costello or Burton Cummings would be great for example (did you all see "Spectacle" with EC? It was a great show IMHO).

I also think the Show would be more successful if aired a little less than weekly to allow "max-packing" of material and a hour slot as well as more than one song per group if they can appear live.

Lastly I think the Dance Troupe should definitely do some "on location" stuff allowing various venues to fit their costumes and music styles and of course there should be no budget constraints in this area and they should be built a top rate practice facility and adjacent School of Modern Dance to bring through new talent and the dancers should be paid massive salaries consistent with their talent and popularity.

My this program design is brain-draining.  I need another strong coffee...

Re: Nostalgia is past: Introducing The Godiva Girls

May i just digress ,i do keep hearing rumours that Top of the pops is going to be revived. Maybe not on The BBC, but on another outlet, eg Channel 4 or 5. But i just cannot see the Beeb giving away the show or the name to a rival broadcaster. I still think theres a chance the Beeb may bring it back herself, the only problem for me is that it would be full of todays music which i have no interest in at all,sorry.
RYAN