Quantcast

Nutcracker

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Researching todays posted clip from the movie Nutcracker (yes, I do actually do some research now and again), I found this pubilicity still: Cherry and Anita are both grinning cheerily in standard showbiz fashion, but oh my, Patti does not look happy at all. (You'll probably have to scroll over to the right to see them, or open the picture in a new window.)

Can anyone identify any of the other dancers? Apart from the obvious Joan Collins, naturally.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Nutcracker

BeautifulBabs
I can hardly id Cherry YMG !
Rosemary Ford definitely
Lesley Ash?
Patti's character was called Sue so perhaps that gave her an identity crisis

Re: Nutcracker

Sue Menhenick
Lets see if I can help a little BB .... Sandra Easby, Pauline Crawford, Finola Hughes (one of the main characters ) Liz Green and yes...at the end Robert Lyndsay. Not too sure about the others, familiar faces, but cannot remember the names, and of course my three team mates you have already spotted...Cherry, Anita and Patti.
                                        Sue.

Re: Nutcracker

Paperboyplod
Sandra Easby was a latter-day Legs & Co. dancer from their post-TOTPs days I do believe!

Re: Nutcracker

Lookmacinanger
Great find YMG, thanks for the addtional info Sue.

The only thing wrong with this picture is that it doesn't include you or Lulu.

Re: Nutcracker

Sue Menhenick
Thats quite right PBP... as was Liz Green.... but both only for 4 months or so , they wanted to continue as independant freelance dancers as opposed to being committed to a group.    Hi Lookmacinanger... welcome to the OFTDs clan ! Good to see a new name appearing here.... (but is there a shorter version of your name that can be used ?!!)

                                                                             Regards Sue.

Re: Nutcracker

bucksby
I found it quite hard to find out information for this movie so I imagine it was not a commercial or critical success. Cherry played a character called Mireille. The movie also featured Paul Nicholas. I will have to have a look for it on Amazon!

Re: Nutcracker

PattiForPM
I have the Movie and it's not great although some of the Dance sequences are quite good.  Thanks Sue for the help with IDing dancers, I didn't know that there were other familiar names in the movie apart from Patti, Cherry and Anita.  For the record Patti's character "Sue" was supposed to be a little moody/feisty so don't be too hard on her for the expression in this Pic (and thanks from me too for finding it YMG).  Also may I say it's great to see that Ryan/YMG's method for Sue to post is working.

Re: Nutcracker

Lookmacinanger
Hi Sue, thanks for your welcome to OFTD.....most people refer to me as Mac or LMIA

As I am a new kid on the block (I saw the numbers dwindling) I would just like to add a further thank you to yourself and all the girls for the magic you gave to us on Thursday nights on TOTP, it was never the same after you moved on. My screen name is a little play on words as to how I saw things finished on the show for you and my anger towards the producers who could have given you the send off you derserved. (Rant Over)!

I saw a trailer for this film (it had that guy who used to voiceover the carlsberg adverts doing it), and the plot revolves around a Russian ballet dancer defecting, I never did bother to watch the film though.

Re: Nutcracker

JEZ
Im almost positive the girl in the back row in the middle is vicky shellard ,who was a one time member in the dance troupes ,The feet from lift off with ayshea ,Zig Zag on 45 ,and teri scoble dancers on get it together pop shows ,and welcome to mac from me as well

Re: Nutcracker

Lookmacinanger
Hi Jez,

Thanks for your welcome to OFTD

Re: Nutcracker

Sue many thanks for help and if i scroll right I can find the real Cherry ! Really sorry Cherry but I talked myself into thinking you were the girl with the head band- before I found the scroll bar. Please can I not be banned from the forum for that mistake.

http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2b695ccc8f

They should all be in the cast on the above if its accurate.

Interesting that Rosemary Ford and Robert Lindsay( if that means the actor) are a couple now though not at the time of the picture.

Re: Nutcracker

Re: Nutcracker

sneakyuploader
Anita is here plus Patti, great picture from a great film, The Captain was very sneaky indeed LOL