OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Yes, the days are shortening rapidly and as we look ahead to the year's final Meet-up all routes lead once again back to the unassuming West Midlands town of Stourbridge, a place chained in the borough of Dudley yet independent of spirit.

Proceedings will get underway at noon from a central location that really ought to have a blue plaque from the OFTD Heritage Department. Adhering to the winning formula of a short trail of traditional alehouses leading to a 6ish meal, prospective highlights of the day will include the rare chance to partake of the revered amber purity that is to be found in a glass of Bathams bitter (perfectly complemented, perhaps, by a cheese and onion roll?), and the opportunity to enjoy the culinary indulgence and swish nocturnal ambience of OFTDs' top-rated Indian restaurant. With a time-honoured guarantee of non-stop chat and conviviality it's all in all set to be an occasion to bring a warm glow which no leaden sky will deny.

Anyone interested please let me know below or by email and I'll fill you in with the salient information.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

It goes without saying i'm in GD. Stourbridge in November is a fixture i look forward to immensely. Thanks for arranging.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Everything'sRosie
Me too. Great company and the best curry house I've ever had the pleasure of frequenting.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

The Rubberband Man
The November Stourbridge Meet is becoming an annual tradition.
Count me in GD. Very much looking forward to it already

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Hanway2
 I would like to come to this meet up as well, if at all possible. I do not know yet what I am doing at work that week , and if I need to change the day with anybody, but I will do my best if necessary. I hope to be able to chat more and be involved in any discussions you have about Legs and Co. I might not be able to contribute much, but am happy to listen and learn and add what I may. This is what I feel I have missed out on during previous meet ups. I do want to get involved more in the conversations.

Of course, for people in my position these events can become very expensive. For example;

Outlay 1โ€“ The cost of travel and consumptions for a great day out in Stourbridge.

Outlay 2โ€“ A treat for my wife for allowing me to have a great day out in Stourbridge.

And remember, outlay 2 must always exceed outlay 1.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Gorgeous Daze
The weeks roll round and only three are left now until we Meet-up again for another fine day out. For anyone still considering there's ample time to join the ranks of the decided, but equally as these things do it'll be upon us sooner than we know it...

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Massively looking forward to this. Just a tad over 2 weeks to go. Great company, non-stop conversation, top beer, excellent town, seriously the best curry house in England.

If any of the usual gang or anyone new come to that doesn't fancy the long slog home on the Saturday evening, i can recommend the reasonably priced and immaculately clean Premier Inn, just 10 minutes walk from the High Street.

Come and join us.

I've got to pick my brother up from Manchester airport early Sunday morning, so I'm staying over. Managed to get a room at The Talbot. Very reasonably priced, but I'll have to forgo the breakfast. Bah humbug.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Everything'sRosie wrote
Managed to get a room at The Talbot. Very reasonably priced, but I'll have to forgo the breakfast. Bah humbug.
Staying at The Talbot can apparently be a, ahem, interesting experience. Ask Tony Currie. Or others. Good luck ER!

Haha, I'm not worried if its haunted. Never been bothered about ghosts...dear old things.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Everything'sRosie wrote
Haha, I'm not worried if its haunted.
Be more worried about the bedbugs !

There is a link to this on YouTube, best i don't post it though.

 I would really like to come to this meet up as well, but unless you can arrange a plague of blood, frogs or locusts GD I may have to miss out. Regrettably I am on night work again that week.
 Not too sure how Biblical pestilences could help shut down London Underground and get me off work, but anything will do. I am clutching at straws on this.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Not even Extinction Rebellion can shut down the Underground now, let alone Biblical pestilences!

A shame if you have to miss this for a second year Hanway, here's hoping for an against all odds scenario.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Hanway2
 I am working out a plan , so all is not lost. Time is tight and I will probably have to miss the Indian meal, and drink non alcoholic drinks all day. And be knackered at work the following night.
  But it does work out. If I am bold enough, and my wife does not object.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Dolly
Have A Fun Time Guys! Have a shot for me!๐Ÿ’‹

 I am still hopeful of coming to this event, despite all the hurdles in front of me. GD, what time will be best to arrive in Stourbridge? I need to plan my travel arrangements with great precision.
  And thanks for your Best Wishes Dolly.  A Tequila will do very nicely right now.

The early arrivals will be there from 12 but the simple answer is the best time is whenever suits you the best Hanway. After what sounds like a Herculean effort needed it would be admirable to see you at any time!

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Hanway2
 Sorry to say but I have had to draw stumps on my efforts to get to this meet up in Stourbridge. As I said before, I was down to do nights this week in my advance roster, allowing  me to work out a convoluted but workable plan to get up to Stourbridge by about 12, stay to 5 or 6 and get the train back to London for about 9, which enabled me to get ready to work again that night, probably shattered but with enough energy to get through that night.
 However, I think my employers must have got wind of these ideas, so have put paid to them completely! It is rare for a total time change, I.e more than 2 hours, from the advanced to the final roster, but it has happened to me this time.  I am now on day shifts during the week, starting at 11 oโ€™c On Saturday, and really too late to change it. I could throw a sickie, but have had to take time off a few weeks ago because of a family illness, so canโ€™t do it.
 Sorry GD, I did really want to go. Hope you will arrange a Stourbridge event for next year also, so I can make plans for then. Have a great time all of you who are there, and enjoy your Indian meal too.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Gorgeous Daze
You were palpably keen, I'm disappointed for you Hanway that circumstances have turned finally to deprive you of a day's Black Country hospitality for another year. Your easy company will be missed. And Pan's will lack a staunch champion!

Of course there will be more opportunities for you, and I dare say this isn't the last of the Stourbridge Meet-Ups. Look forward to seeing you in the re-roaring twenties.

Re: OFTD Fireworks Sequel Meet-Up - Stourbridge Saturday 2nd November 2019

Hanway2
 Yes, I am very disappointed not to be able to get to Stourbridge this year, So roll on the next occasion. When will the next meet up be? Is there likely to be Birmingham or equivalent event in January next year?
 I will do my utmost to get to the next one wherever it may be. And even if I am the only Pans fan there, as at one or two I have been to, it does not matter. I may not mention Pans at all, but want to listen and digest all your discussions on Legs. Only interjecting if I have something relevant or mind blowing to say, which might be never. But I am happy to listen, and learn!
12