OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

The OFTDs tour of England goes on and on, this time with a visit to Shrewsbury, the county town of Shropshire. A day spent leisurely strolling around selected hostelries serving fine ales whilst taking in the rustic charm of the many Tudor half-timbered houses. Add to that the convivial conversation and not forgetting the now traditional 6pm curry it offers to be another fine day out. Hopefully a few of you will be able to attend and who knows, even the sun maybe fully shining by the first Saturday in August. If you want to go, then say so on here and i will contact you with the meet-up venue.

Of course before that on the 13th July, we have the OFTDs event to attend. Places for that have all gone, but thats something else to look forward to.

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

The Rubberband Man
I'm in for the Shrewsbury Meet
Not long until 3 August.... just 6 weeks.

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

Everything'sRosie
Very much looking forward to visiting that other place on The Marches!

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

Hanway2
  Have a great day all of you going to Shrewsbury in August. I will not be able to attend, as I will be 1,000 of miles away on another continent at the time.
  Shrewsbury was a lovely place to visit last time I was there in the 80s, and I am sure it still is.
  Enjoy your day out in the loop of the River Severn and the footsteps of Harry Hotspur, folks. May the conversation flow as much as the beer.

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

Gorgeous Daze
The familiar recipe, this time beside the Severn in another new county for OFTD sounds good to me. I'm in and I'll be looking forward to the day as usual.

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

Another enjoyable weekend (Friday as well as Saturday for me) with the OFTDs meet-up faithful ER, TRBM, GD as well as our two buddies Julian & Marcel. This real ale goes down very well, even more so with all the practice we get. Arty kinda curry house which served tasty food and what about the rustic splendour of Shrewsbury itself. I could gladly live in such a town. Ah well, back to the grim reality of Derby.

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

Everything'sRosie
Fantastic day yesterday visiting the enchanting ale houses of Shrewsbury in excellent company. But what of medieval Shrewsbury on a summer's day! Hard to imagine a better place to be. All those wonderful old churches, and ancient timber-framed buildings hunching over the streets defying gravity. And everywhere enticing alleyways to explore, never knowing what architectural delight might be around the next corner. And the whole town centre contained within a majestic loop of the River Severn. Heavenly. I'd been to Shrewsbury before, many times, but yesterday I learnt the only way to fully experience this jewel of a town is by foot.

The human race would be a happier animal if we all lived in the Shrewsburys of this world. And I can't bestow higher praise than that.

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

Gorgeous Daze
Oyez oyez oyez! 'Shrewsbury - the gem near Wem'.

Had a blast yesterday in this richly characterful county town on the Severn, which greatly impressed us all. Through multiple twists and turns around the ancient streets and historic passageways the awesome foursome plus two emerged upon one quality pub after another. Then reaching the ideal location to enjoy a scenic riverside view was simply a stroll in the park. Non-stop chat as always, barrels of laughs, barrels of beer. The rain stayed away, and dining at a Nepalese-Indian restaurant complete with staff in national dress was an interesting and ultra fresh- tasting divergence from the usual. But as someone emphasized yesterday, it's the company that really makes it, wherever we may happen to be. Cheers once again chaps!

Re: OFTD Meet-Up - Shrewsbury, Saturday 3rd August 2019.

The Rubberband Man
I agree with the comments from Ryan, ER and GD. Yesterday's Meet-up was a really enjoyable day around some very historic and characteristic pubs in the fabulous city of Shrewsbury. From the 16th century real ale houses to the Mock Tudor riverside pubs (six go to the Severn) and an excellent restaurant for dinner, it was very much a day to remember.
Exceptional company, ebullient conversation and excellent beer - all the components of a great OFTD Meet.