OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

AC/PD
Last Summer, a casual meet-up took place in London. With the ingredients of common ground interest, glorious sunshine, pub benches and liquid refreshment, the resultant get-together was exceedingly good and positively flew by, eating up every possible minute of available daylight.
This year, it's very much a case of 'same again' and once again the invite is open to all. For an afternoon without a second of silence, July 8th is the date and a public house in London is the place, the location being within range of a busy mainline train station - 5 minutes by bus or 20-odd if a brisk uphill pace is within your physical capabilities. Arrivals can be anytime after Midday and staying time is open-ended.
If this takes your fancy, please get in touch and if you're a dancer (but not THE Dancer), we'll chip in for the cab fare.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Absolutely spiffing AC/PD, im very much up for that again. Like last years London meet i will make a weekend of it, traveling down on the Friday (must check out a London curry house on the Fri evening) and back Sunday morning.  Lets hope the weather is as good as last time, as it makes the beer go down all the sweeter. It would be great if most or some of the crowd who attended last time will do so again, with a few more to add.

Lots of good chat, warm weather (hopefully), fine ales, pub grub, pleasant company, another great day for sure.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

The Rubberband Man
I really enjoyed this Meet-up last year. Weather was fantastic and the pub had a lovely beer garden in which to enjoy much banter.
Looking forward to this year's Meet - thanks for organising it AC/PD
I'll probably stop over on the Sunday, just to be on the safe side.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Hi AC/PD, have you decided on a venue, and if so, which is the mainline station referred to? I would like to come along but require some bearings first as I'll probably need to get some accommodation sorted. I know you're a Gooner, so I'm guessing you're Islington based, or somewhere close.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Gorgeous Daze
Count me in again. Good to find most of the second city Meet-uppers already coalescing for what's sure to be another great day out in the first. Hope and expect to see more committing and as always it would be great to welcome one or two newcomers to the real life fold. It really is true what AC/PD says - the well of chat just never runs dry!

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Everything'sRosie wrote
Hi AC/PD, have you decided on a venue, and if so, which is the mainline station referred to? I would like to come along but require some bearings first as I'll probably need to get some accommodation sorted. I know you're a Gooner, so I'm guessing you're Islington based, or somewhere close.
Hi ER. Indeed, it would be great to see and hear you again. The thoroughly modern St Pancras station is the mainline point of arrival for, as with Birmingham (New/Moor Street), it's right on the beaten track for the benefit of access.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Everything'sRosie
Excellent. I know that part of London well. It will be interesting to see the St Pancras refurbishment while I'm at it. I will make arrangements. Cheers.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Angie
Would have loved to have met up with you all - but alas I'm away that weekend. Have fun!

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

My first pint will have been sunk by this time next Saturday. Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you again for more good times.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

BeautifulBabs
hi is this still on ?
heard several unreleased bikini versions being screened but wanted to check before booking ticks

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

BeautifulBabs wrote
hi is this still on ?
heard several unreleased bikini versions being screened but wanted to check before booking ticks
Of course its still on BB. Hope very much to see you there on Saturday, same pub as last year.

No edits either.
Look forward to seeing both them and you.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

See you guys tomorrow then, as im off early. Hoping for 7 or 8 of us.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Doc
The local train company have cancelled the entire train service to London tomorrow because they don't employ enough drivers. I might be able to get there but it's not going to be easy.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
The local train company have cancelled the entire train service to London tomorrow because they don't employ enough drivers. I might be able to get there but it's not going to be easy.
Virgin Trains West Coast doing similar things tomorrow

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

PattiForPM
What's happening on the that little Island?  Anyway hope you all get there and have fun in the Big Smoke

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

The Rubberband Man
PattiForPM wrote
What's happening on the that little Island?
We're going off the rails

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

CoffeeThing
Have fun everyone, wish I was able to join you. Should be a lovely sunny day.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Have a good time you lot.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Dancer
Have a lovely time all of you.  Safe journeys and enjoy yourselves.