OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Everything'sRosie
The Rubberband Man wrote
Doc wrote
The local train company have cancelled the entire train service to London tomorrow because they don't employ enough drivers. I might be able to get there but it's not going to be easy.
Virgin Trains West Coast doing similar things tomorrow
What!!!!

I'm travelling by Virgin, boarding at Brum coming into Euston!

Oh! Lots of cancellations from Birmingham    https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/spanner

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Due to similar events to why I couldn't attend the Birmingham meet-up I am unable to come and join you all in London.
I can 100% guarantee that I will see some of you in October at the main event.
I really hope you all have a really good time and get to and from the event safely.

Have fun!

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

The Rubberband Man wrote
Everything'sRosie wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
Doc wrote
The local train company have cancelled the entire train service to London tomorrow because they don't employ enough drivers. I might be able to get there but it's not going to be easy.
Virgin Trains West Coast doing similar things tomorrow
What!!!!

I'm travelling by Virgin, boarding at Brum coming into Euston!
Oh! Lots of cancellations from Birmingham    https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/spanner
Whats Chiltern Railways like this weekend?
I used them to get to Birmingham and yes it is slightly longer, but it was a very nice and reliable service.

Every train cancelled from Brum to Euston! I don't believe it. A mid-summer Saturday! I'll have to go down my local station in the morning and pray they'll let me use another route. Where I live London trains go into Paddington so won't be affected. If they say no, I don't know what I'll do. They tell us to buy tickets in advance, and then they do this! Surely planned works, as these seem to be, are planned months in advance. So why are they selling tickets on trains they know will be cancelled?

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

mojo2007
Have a good time everybody
mojo

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Old Grey Whistler
Hope you all make it down there safely and that you have a great day. It should be good beer garden weather.
Sorry that I can't attend this one but I hope to make the Derby event.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

BeautifulBabs
I had hoped to come today but have to work expectedly. Gutted but hope to meet up in Derby.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

PattiForPM
Take care of yourself in Hamburg BB.  Hope you get to meet the most powerful man in the World eating Okroshka (sorry Boss but I'm doing better you must admit)

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Doc
2040: time to go home, only 60 miles to go.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Gorgeous Daze
Swap you for 100 miles Doc.  Worth it for the great day.

You probably won't, I'm going average about 20mph doing that 60 miles.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.  Doc make your 5000th post an upbeat one if you can

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Gorgeous Daze
Another great meet-up concludes, this time somewhere in north London. Thanks all for making it a splendid day. Already looking forward to the next time.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

AC/PD
Thumbs-up.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

PattiForPM wrote
Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.  Doc make your 5000th post an upbeat one if you can
Woo! I've beaten Bucksby to that on the line! (He's on 4999).

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

Really enjoyed the weekend and all six lads in attendance were on good form. Lots to eat, lots to drink and the weather stayed fine. Though i have to admit, after 40 hours in London im happy to be back at OTFDs mission control here in a much quieter and less busy Derby.

I look forward to all our meet-ups and the social side of OFTDs has now become my favourite thing associated with the site.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

The Rubberband Man
If you’ve been wandering around a very hot and sunny London all morning, there’s nothing better than walking into a pub with great beers and cold ciders and join 5 guys who are engrossed in conversation about your favourite subject.

Mysteries and uncertainties about L&C dance routines were discussed and put to rights in an afternoon of jovial, happy and convivial drinking in the pub’s beer garden – the air con may have been on inside the pub, but that’s for wimps - true die hard L&C fans value the sunshine too much.

Thanks to AC/PD for the choice of venue which was completely fit for purpose, as were the other pubs. Great to meet Ryan, Gorgeous Daze, ER and Doc again and enjoy the non-stop conversation / banter / laughs on another successful London summer meet.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

AC/PD
One fine day with five good folks.
Simply enjoyable - relaxing and amusing in equal measure.
Just the three pubs visited, the two with exteriors belying their Capital city locations and made particularly pleasant by the presence of warm conditions and daylight way beyond 9pm.
Taking One For The Dads out on the road, the primary pub had a list of beers which, early into consumption, were given the ratings treatment with just the one receiving the lowest mark of 6/10. Far too many contenders to agree on a 'Beer of the Day' nomination.
Thanks especially to those present and also those who posted messages hoping for a successful meet-up - it was.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - London, July 8th

I just wanna thank The Rubberband Man for introducing me to Cider, a drink ive seldom bothered with in the past. I had to admit i was pleasantly surprised and a drink i will certainly turn to again when the Bitter in a pub is a bit ropey.