OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Gorgeous Daze
I'm pleased to announce that the next meet-up on the tour circuit will be back in the West Midlands and Stourbridge to be precise, what might be thought of as the olde spiritual home of OFTD. The date is Saturday 4th November and though as usual Guys will positively burn up the time with conversation generally involving girls, the fairer sex are encouraged to come along themselves. The time will be as suits from 12 onwards and the stay will be as long as one wishes.

Rail access is regular and good to Stourbridge Junction, where a shuttle train makes the short trip to Stourbridge Town to finish the journey at 10 minute intervals. For the location of the nearby venue please get in touch.

No videos this time, but for the latest day of drinks, nosh, chat and laughter based around the noble cause of dancers placed high in our affections do be there for a warm and friendly day out for regular meet-uppers and less accustomed comrades alike.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Doc
I'm out, stuck on night shift that weekend.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Yes GD, a trip back to Spiritual Stourbridge is something to savour. Its a place ive come to be very fond of and i will gladly attend that and make a weekend of it.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Doc
Spiritual is not a word I'd use to describe the place. Although there is the pub just outside the town centre that does a nice pint of Batham's.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Dancer
It is a lovely place Doc.  Home of the glass industry and museum.  Ten minutes from me.  Was going to say you could stop at mine but as you are working ....

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Sorry you can't be there Doc. A visit to 'The Bathams' will be a 'by request' part of the day.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Everything'sRosie
Hi GD, as discussed the other night I shall be making the trip (hopefully back to full health by then!).

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

The Rubberband Man
I'm up for this GD.
A pub meet in Stourbridge sounds an excellent idea.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Must give `Bombay Pickles` a try as well !

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Legsfan
My sincere apologies, but I will not be able to meet up on the 4th. Quite gutted as it is quite easy to get to from where I am.
I hope you all have a great day anyway!

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Just a week to go for this and it looks like we can number the total amount of attendees on one hand. Still im really looking forward to another day of `live` chat about our subject in the splendid town of Stourbridge. Its become so much easier with our many meet-ups for me to get my points across on our most unique of topics via the medium of speech rather than typing on here. Who would ever have thought that a few years ago when the site was in its infancy.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

CoffeeThing
Couldn't find the thread this morning in my haze, so a bit late but I wanted to wish those attending a lovely day and safe journey.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Gorgeous Daze
Thanks for the kind wishes CT. We just hope that we can eventually meet you in person at one of our get-togethers.

Well, another jolly day began and ended full-circle at The Talbot - who'd have thought it? - the nexus that kick-started all OFTD meet-ups. In between came a detour to the Royal Exchange to sample the near legendary Bathams ale and then a stop-off back in the town centre at the most traditional of alehouses therein. Of course the natural follow-on is curry and after the first-choice establishment turned out to to be fully booked the second, all agreed, far from disappointed. Chat and merriment ensued throughout the day, whether dancer-based, ranging further afield in the collective pop-cultural memory, or even strangely enough contemporaneous with the very day.

Thanks to the gang who turned up on a crisp Bonfire Eve. Here's to the next time, never that long...

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Old Grey Whistler
Glad you all had a good day.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Everything'sRosie
Really enjoyed the meet-up with the guys last night in Stourbridge. And thanks to the well-wishers too.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Many thanks to Gorgeous Daze for hosting an excellent OFTD Meet-up in Stourbridge. The three pubs visited offered a quality selection of fabulous ales and ciders. The Bathams from the Royal Exchange and the Cider and Rhubarb on tap in The Duke both being worthy of a special mention.
Great company, fine banter, and an easy ambiance are what made the day a great success. Looking forward to next time.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Yes it was really enjoyable meeting-up with the gang in Stourbridge. Regrettably my over indulgence of not 1 but 2 breakfasts in the hotel on Saturday morning, a foot-long Subway for lunch and the evening curry intermingled with regular pints of real ale did all rather leave me feeling as though i was going to burst to such a decree it started to hurt !

Anyway the fine chat and company made the whole day worthwhile and i will see you and hopefully others for the Kal event in December.

Re: OFTD Meet-up - Stourbridge: 4th November

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Any photographs?
You've all done vey well!